Playin With Them Grippers

Clay Edgin

http://www.castledarkmoor.com/strongman/4-attempt.WMV (1.2mb)

http://www.castledarkmoor.com/strongman/4-attempt2.WMV (1.5mb)

http://www.castledarkmoor.com/strongman/cc4.WMV (1.4mb)

Can't really see how close the credit card attempt was because my pinky was in the way. IF I decide to get certified some time in the future, it will be with the 3 fingers like that if I can get the pinky out of the way. This is my easier #4, which is not the one I closed at Venice Beach in June. This one is spongy at the start and then gets tough at the end.

Very impressive attempts!

I like the shadow effect on the garage door. It reminds of an old Orson Welles movie.

I think that as I get older, I will look more and more like Alfred Hitchcock with a beard. It will rock.

Edited by ClayEdgin

Wow! It seemed like you closed it just as much on the cc attempt, as on the first two. Impressive! :bow

That was inspiring to watch. Great performance!!! :rock

//Jim

Clay,

Nice work !!! Very soon you'll slamming the #4 shut at will. :rock

Great job. Why the 3-finger close with the CC? Why not all fingers? Although it looks like you are just as close with the cc and the 3 fingers as a set close with all fingers!

Awesome Clay!!! I didn't think I'd see anymore

#4 closers with the new IM rule. Looks like your

gonna prove me wrong. Sweet! :rock

Clay -

I love watching you set the gripper. You seem to attack the gripper like no one else. To me, it's like a violent explosion but at the same time, an immense conservation of energy!

For instance, I struggle to set grippers at times, especially upper level ones like the MM3.

Could you possibly describe in your own words your mindset or approach to setting the gripper so strongly yet so smoothly.

Thanks,

-Jedd-

Just goes to show, Strossen makes a new rule and guys like Clay step up to the challenge. Serious crushing power!

Wow clay you make that look easy. you should be the next person to close a 4 with the credit card rule :rock

Impressive CC attempt, Clay.

That #4 seems to have no chance in the long run. :bow

Thanks for the support guys.

Bill, the 3 finger attempts with the credit card rule work better for me than the 4 finger attempts. With 3 fingers, I can get all of them onto the gripper handle in a strong position and still have room for the card. With 4 fingers, my pinky is not on the gripper hardly at all and I have to work harder to squeeze with the three larger fingers enough to get the pinky into a good, strong position and it doesn't always work. The only downside to this for me is that last 1/4" when using 3 fingers - they just aren't strong enough to overcome the awkward leverage at the end fo the close yet. Maybe I need to find a sweet spot in my palm.

Jedd, it's hard to explain. The main thing I am concerned with is how firmly I can anchor that handle into a certain spot on my palm. If I get all fired up and jump around I will get more strength but I have a hard time focusing that strength into something useful. It works for some lifts and not for others. I guess I just try to stay calm and focused until that gripper is set and then hit the gas to crank up the horsepower.

Kinda like when you played "Duck Duck Goose" in school. You'd calmly walk around the circle until you find that goose and then it's off to the races ;)

Clay, I beg you to stop! You're making me look bad!! :(

Impressive closes dude!! Like I've said before.... Superman In Da House!! :tongue:bow

Nice atempts man! :bow

Clay, keep working hard and focus on the grippers and you will do some amazing things!

Clay, I have a galaxay you can try when you get down this way.I think my friend Bill of w.w.wharehouse got it for me as a joke or a novelty.It's a monster.

Steve, my own Galaxy will be here next week :) Now I have to make a choker big enough to fit over it. It should be great for isometrics :laugh