Elbow Pain

mossman

hey guys......one question...i bend slim style, starting high to kink it, then moving about mid stomach level. i been getting some pain in my right elbow lately. i used to practice underhand, but stopped. im thinking about picking it up to see if this pain stops. i been trying to go for volume, but i always have to stop short cause of the dam elbow. does anyone else have this problem? what about you great underhand benders(dabe ostlund!) any help would be awesome

I had a similiar injury not to long ago. Ice it. Other work may aggrivate it, but just quit when it gets too bad and put the ice to it. Contrast baths are good too. Normally this type of injury can take a long time to heal, stay on it and you can be good in a week. I carried on with my normal work and though it got agrivated, I think it helped it heal in a active recovery sort of way. Pressing felt okay, but isometric stuff felt really bad. If you're still injured, underhand will not feel nice either.

I've been experiencing some pain in my right elbow the last few workouts. So, I'm staying with a weekly bending routine, and have lightened my bench press weights to allow for more reps. The pain is almost entirely gone now. Too much isometric work will definitely aggravate the problem.

Well I haven't ran into any elbow problems thus far but I tell you I have one sore paw. I bend the underhand style majority of the time and it really puts a hurting on the boxers fracture that I had a year or so go. I swear its felt like its fractured again one occasions.

The only time that I have had any elbow pain was when trying to finish the grade 5 overhand style and it was in the inner part. Pressing with the thickbars like I have to do is rough stuff on the old elbows to begin with.