5.5" To 5.0" Jump

denver

The jump from 5.5" bends to 5.0" bends seems much harder than the 6.0" bend to a 5.5" bend because of my hands getting in the way during the bend. Do you all use a variation in technique do get 5.0" bends to the crush down stage? Also, for underhand benders, is this concept a problem for you or does the jump feel the same?

FYI: My dominat style is double overhand, but I also practice Slim style a lot. I am currently stuck on a 5.0" grade 5s. I always get them to about 70 degrees, just a little bit short of the crush down. I can also fold grade 8s, which got me wondering if the 8s are easier that 5" grade 5s or is my technique just poor.

Thanks in advanced for any help on this.

Once I get something that short to 70 degrees, I try to crush it without my fingers grasping it at all.

I find the 5" grade 5 to be tougher than a 6" grade 8.

CMunger, good point on the % change. I had never thought of it that way.

Clay and Eric, sounds like technique is not the limiting factor for me(since the 6" Grade 8 is easier than the 5" Grade 5)...just need to get a little stronger and try a little harder.

Thanks for the tips.