Blob Lifting - Records And Stats

GordonV

Should a BLOB50 lift be considered equal to a 50# York Lift?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should a BLOB50 lift be considered equal to a 50# York Lift?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • There is just not enough information available yet.

Now that there are a number of BLOB50s in circulation perhaps there is enough information available for a decision.

For the purposes of the Gripboard Records and Stats forum should a BLOB50 lift be considered equivalent to the lifting of a 50# York Blob?

As stated BLOB50 thread the ultimate decision resides with Records Chair, Jedd Johnson, I am just curious what GB members think.

It would be especially interesting to hear from those who own a BLOB50 and a York Blob.

I can't deadlift mine yet but I know of one owner (maidenfan) who has lifted and provided proof.

Thoughts?

It should count. There may be differences between a Blob50 and York blob, but there are differences between York blobs. Its dimensions are identical to a York. The finish is different, but I think we'd still count a lift of an original York if the owner had coated it in rustoleum. I've tried a few York blobs and I own the Blob50 and they feel pretty similar to me.

As someone mentioned in another thread, we count Inch dumbbell replica lifts so why not blob replica lifts?

Yes, it should count.

I say count it.

I voted to count it. I agree with Clay regarding replicas, also I feel that there is likley to be less variation in the difficulty of 2 different blobs/blob50s than in the implements used for a few of the other categories.

I would like to hear the reasoning of anyone who voted no if you wouldn't mind posting.

Good poll. Thanks Gordon. Sorry it was not publically announced. Thanks to member "JAD," this subject was brought up a couple weeks back.

I have conversed with Wannagrip on this, and we decided that it would count. It would take some seriously strong argument to change my views, but of course I would listen to anything anyone has to say.

Besides, in my opinion, if you train hard enough to consistently get the BLOB50, then when you come across a Blob in person, chances are you will lift it, too.

Thanks again Gordon. And thanks for the initiative you put forth to get this project going and for making it a success.

-Jedd-

• 4 years later...

If it walks like a duck... :)

...and looks like a duck...