PULLED BICEP

John Knowlton

Today While I was working With hand grippers  I felt a pull in my right bicep. I continued but With a little bit of pain .

Still hurts a little, but I'll be good. Is anyone experienced anything like this?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Today While I was working With hand grippers  I felt a pull in my right bicep. I continued but With a little bit of pain .

Still hurts a little, but I'll be good. Is anyone experienced anything like this?

Got something similar going on with my left from bending/ years old injury. Mine seems to seem from the lats. 

dead hangs seem to help it.

Edited by Blacksmith513

Yeah I've had a strained bicep before, you need to really stretch it and keep it lengthened so that when you are doing stuff you aren't attempting ranges of motion with muscle length that you don't have...this will pull on the extra short muscle and you'll feel it at the tendon since the muscle is able to stretch the the tendon cannot, so this area experiences too much tension. Since you probably have some micro-tears I'd wait for it to cool down and then regularly stretch it by reaching behind you into shoulder extension and holding onto something with a pronated grip

• Like 2

5 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

Yeah I've had a strained bicep before, you need to really stretch it and keep it lengthened so that when you are doing stuff you aren't attempting ranges of motion with muscle length that you don't have...this will pull on the extra short muscle and you'll feel it at the tendon since the muscle is able to stretch the the tendon cannot, so this area experiences too much tension. Since you probably have some micro-tears I'd wait for it to cool down and then regularly stretch it by reaching behind you into shoulder extension and holding onto something with a pronated grip

Good to know my daily full-body stretching for 7 years has been beneficial. I haven't had any injuries, thankfully.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jared P said:

Good to know my daily full-body stretching for 7 years has been beneficial. I haven't had any injuries, thankfully.

Yeah, I’m so happy I started stretching. I’ve had a few minor strains and sprains along the way but nothing major in a long time. And I used to always hurt something.  @C8Myotome is pretty spot on and I think that’s what I got going on with my bicep.

• Like 2