Gods of Grip elite series

EmilBB

Are these good grippers? The elite 6 seems like a good bridge between CoC 3 & 3.5.

Can't comment on the grippers since I haven't tried them but there's really no problem finding grippers in the 160's anymore. There's been a lot of GHP8 and #3.5's in that range lately. Plus, the Standard grippers sold by CPW is designed to be in that range as well.

Bridge to "3.5" has never been easier than it is right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like my GoG ESG #6 a lot. That being said, if your main goal is closing CoC grippers, finding another CoC, GHP, or Strandard in that range is a better choice. Reasons:
- My #6 is too easy to set because of the narrow spread. I cannot generalize based on one gripper, but I've heard this is the general trend. 
- The handles are 20mm thick. ~1mm difference in diameter is actually a lot. Doesn't matter if it's easier or harder (this is up to the individual); it just feels different. 
I must add that these are also the reasons (+ aesthetics) why I like my GoG ESG #6. So if you want a quality new gripper that's easy to set, go for it. GoG also has a cert using a 30mm block, which is a great option to get certified. However, if you want a gripper in the high 150s/low 160s purely because your goal is an average CoC #3.5, I think going with a brand with the same handle diameter and (approximately same) handle spread is a better choice. (I would buy a Standard Cobalt)

Edited by matek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Can't comment on the grippers since I haven't tried them but there's really no problem finding grippers in the 160's anymore. There's been a lot of GHP8 and #3.5's in that range lately. Plus, the Standard grippers sold by CPW is designed to be in that range as well.

Bridge to "3.5" has never been easier than it is right now. 

I really wish that I could just buy from CPW, however it's gonna end up being 70 USD for shipping alone to Denmark. So I'm just trying to look at other options right now but I might just have to do it if I can't find anything else.

1 hour ago, matek said:

I like my GoG ESG #6 a lot. That being said, if your main goal is closing CoC grippers, finding another CoC, GHP, or Strandard in that range is a better choice. Reasons:
- My #6 is too easy to set because of the narrow spread. I cannot generalize based on one gripper, but I've heard this is the general trend. 
- The handles are 20mm thick. ~1mm difference in diameter is actually a lot. Doesn't matter if it's easier or harder (this is up to the individual); it just feels different. 
I must add that these are also the reasons (+ aesthetics) why I like my GoG ESG #6. So if you want a quality new gripper that's easy to set, go for it. GoG also has a cert using a 30mm block, which is a great option to get certified. However, if you want a gripper in the high 150s/low 160s purely because your goal is an average CoC #3.5, I think going with a brand with the same handle diameter and (approximately same) handle spread is a better choice. (I would buy a Standard Cobalt)

My main goal is definitely CoC 3 cert right now, so I might just have to pay the 70 USD shipping from CPW since all the grippers you mentioned can only be bought in US. 

2 hours ago, EmilBB said:

I really wish that I could just buy from CPW, however it's gonna end up being 70 USD for shipping alone to Denmark. So I'm just trying to look at other options right now but I might just have to do it if I can't find anything else.

I know, I've been there. Spending thousands of $ on grippers.

Since the gripper you asked about is a narrow gripper I don't think you will have any use for it if you're training for CCS certification. Unless you buy one which is as hard as a #3.5.

• Like 1

I agree.
If your goal is the CoC cert, the ESG #6 doesn't make too much sense. I mean it would still help you to get stronger, but would be suboptimal. 
Have you considered the Standard Adjustable Titanium? At Level 3, it can get really wide (the lower the handles, the wider the spread), but you would use it between Level 1 and Flush anyway. In my opinion, Standard Adjustables are a very good option, especially for people who don't want to spend a lot on grippers/shipping. With two regular handles + rating it comes up to 48$ but essentially, you're getting "multiple grippers". And I guess the shipping would be the same as for a regular gripper. Just telling you as an option if you don't know about it. 

• Like 1

Yeah i really love buying from CPW but (especially having a deflated currency) the shipping makes it cost prohibitive at the very least, My last rated gripper cost over $200 to get shipped here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2022 at 9:20 PM, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Yeah i really love buying from CPW but (especially having a deflated currency) the shipping makes it cost prohibitive at the very least, My last rated gripper cost over $200 to get shipped here

I PM'd you some info about this. :)   

Its not gonna be that expensive for most people, Just people like me who live in far flung reaches of the planet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The elite series look really nice, they are on my list of wants

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 5:33 PM, RunningRiot4Fun said:

Can’t speak to gods of grip, but I’d love to know where they fall in my list. Sorting by favorite first - GHP, Standard, CoC, GG. 

I’m fairly certain they are based on the 100-150-200-250-300 China springs but with slightly thicker handles. The HG and GG ratings data should roughly equate. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cannon said:

I’m fairly certain they are based on the 100-150-200-250-300 China springs but with slightly thicker handles. The HG and GG ratings data should roughly equate. 

Yeah, they are seven springs, but the ratings are similar: <https://godsofgrip.com/products/elite-series-hand-grippers>...

They are sourced from UK manufactures and then mounted by the God of Grip team. Far better than the China GG. Around the same bite and feel as a Silvis Monster Hunter maybe due to the 20mm handle. If you have other brands I would rate the knurling just below a sharp RB gripper, better than a modern CoC but not as good as the older single stamp CoC .

The earlier GoG series are just the same as all other universal China grippers they said the quality was lacking hence why they went in house for the new range.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Busa said:

They are sourced from UK manufactures and then mounted by the God of Grip team. Far better than the China GG.

The springs are made in the UK?

19 minutes ago, Cannon said:

The springs are made in the UK?

image.thumb.png.aed7f3b509960bb9e3aeeb1c67c586fc.png

Sounds like it's all made in UK, this is from their own website.

However, this is also from their website. Not sure which one is true🤔

image.png.df07d700e15ddd939c3b8696f97ecaa6.png

43 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

image.thumb.png.aed7f3b509960bb9e3aeeb1c67c586fc.png

Sounds like it's all made in UK, this is from their own website.

Yeah I read their description. It does say the springs are hand wound “by the supplier” for tightness and such. And the handles are possibly made locally. And they say “assembled at GoG”. But if these were wholly “Made in the UK” I think they would feature that. Or is that purely an American convention to boast about made locally? 

I really don’t know a lot about these grippers. Maybe I will reach out to them. I have always liked their company. 

• Like 2

Well in the booklet which comes with them its says 100% UK:

"A huge factor of our design was the spring. We wanted the highest quality torsion springs available. Contacting a variety of UK manufactures for samples, left us ready for testing"

Its a sad fact that the "I'm backing Britain" slogan of the 70s 80s has long gone. It really hurts knowing that there is little support for UK manufacture.  That was one of the reasons many felt strongly when voting to leave the EU. They removed our own identity.

Edited by Busa
typo
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Personally I love the ESGs. Right now I’m using the training for the ESG6 TNS and ESG7 block set certs to help build up for the CoC3 cert. The handles are a little bit thicker but the knurling is about the same. I highly recommend them. Below are what mine are rated:

#5: 108lbs

#6: 145lbs

#7: 163lbs

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2022 at 9:08 AM, insane.warrior said:

It seems to me that Hephaestus' forge is located in China nowadays.

This is honestly the funniest comment I've ever read on this website, LOL

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did they ever clarify if their springs are made in the UK or China?

Who all has ever made their springs outside of China? I'd guess:

IronMind
GHP
Standard
AtomGripz
FBBC
Robert Baraban
Warren Tetting
K2FSI
Silarukov

• Like 2