Anyone have a Concept 2 rowing machine?

Blacksmith513

I've wanted one for years and my family chipped in and surprised with a brand new one.   I absolutely hate running and gave up on it in November, it will be nice to get some conditioning back though. 

I know its not strength related... But there must be some people here who use one.. It actually has a spot on the handle that looks like its made for some one handed rowing.. Once I get my form down,  I might use some towels over the handles to make it harder on grip. 

On 5/17/2022 at 2:46 PM, Blacksmith513 said:

I've wanted one for years and my family chipped in and surprised with a brand new one.   I absolutely hate running and gave up on it in November, it will be nice to get some conditioning back though. 

I know its not strength related... But there must be some people here who use one.. It actually has a spot on the handle that looks like its made for some one handed rowing.. Once I get my form down,  I might use some towels over the handles to make it harder on grip. 

They are well made- even on resale their durability remains good. Rowing gives you some new options and they are very easy to store in a relatively small area. Rowing for grip strength would be like walking for leg strength- only if you are extremely weak is that much work. It will crush your cardio and if you stick to it useful for fatloss. 

• Like 1

I love mine

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 6:23 PM, AdamTGlass said:

They are well made- even on resale their durability remains good. Rowing gives you some new options and they are very easy to store in a relatively small area. Rowing for grip strength would be like walking for leg strength- only if you are extremely weak is that much work. It will crush your cardio and if you stick to it useful for fatloss. 

yes you are right about that.. It would be a waste of time.  BTW I just watched your interview with CouchPotatoStrong a couple weeks ago and I learned a lot of useful information. So thanks

It's obviously more of a muscle endurance exercise, but I can really feel it in my legs and i wouldn't be surprised if they grow a little from it. Tomorrow will be my 5th time using it.  Its also amazing how it folds up and takes up very little room. My family ordered it for me on a Friday.. They are in Vermont and i'm in Boston... It shipped Monday and  I had it Tuesday. Even though the place is only probably 3-4 hours from my house, that at to me is very impressive.  

I'm on my feet all day at work so I hate running.. So this thing is perfect. I really recommend it to everyone.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1

I have one. Like others have said, good for conditioning. If you dont like running its perfect.

A mistake many people make is putting the pin to the highest rating and pull hard for 1-3 minutes before they gas out. I would suggest you start on a lower dragfactor and hone in your technique first. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Griparn said:

I have one. Like others have said, good for conditioning. If you dont like running its perfect.

A mistake many people make is putting the pin to the highest rating and pull hard for 1-3 minutes before they gas out. I would suggest you start on a lower dragfactor and hone in your technique first. 

First time I used one was back around xmas. I used my sister in laws... I was slightly drunk  and went at it like a monkey screwing a banana and hurt my back for a few weeks.  Since I got it, i've been really focusing on form, and gradually increasing the distance and resistance... No pain other than some DOMS... So I believe i'm doing it right.  It's a killer conditioner, that's for sure.  It feels great to have some actual cardio back in the picture. 

Sounds like you figured it out the hard way. Glad you feel on track now! 

If you want some balanced training I can recommend the ”Pete plan beginner” program. Mixing  both intervals and longer distances. Helped me a lot. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Griparn said:

Sounds like you figured it out the hard way. Glad you feel on track now! 

If you want some balanced training I can recommend the ”Pete plan beginner” program. Mixing  both intervals and longer distances. Helped me a lot. 

I will look into that thank you.