The Chest Krusher quick review

Blacksmith513

I'll add a picture later... This thing is great and deserves its own thread.  I bought it because I bought the horseshoe bender. Which I made a thread about, and is also awesome. But with the chest krusher, there is so many ways to use it. I'd imagine its great for building the strength required do scroll work. Not so much the technique obviously. Between the two of them, i've spent about $825.. A lot of money and i'm a cheap prick, but I really think they will last for ever. Stock costs money too, and adds up. So I figured its a great way to train, without running out to buy steel every month.  I like holding it above my left and right shoulders and closing it.. It works my triceps. 

I really really recommend the Krusher... Slim the Hammerman used the one made by York.  This thing aint going to make me Slim, but if its good enough for him it is good enough for me. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm gonna check it out. Thanks for the input! Only tools i use for chest crushes is my biggest grippers so this would make a splendid add on. I almost forgot the brand name York, until remembering that they have their own weights/dumbbells. 

Nevermind! I image searched this and now i recognize it. oops xD Funny though, i was wondering the other day, how these compare with the resistance of a GHP10 ?

Edited by SkyHeart

• 2 weeks later...

How are you liking the Krusher? With one spring, I can do sets of 10. With two springs, I can do zero reps. I must need to increase my reps to 20 with one spring before increasing the resistance. It's a nice tool.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, heathdwatts said:

How are you liking the Krusher? With one spring, I can do sets of 10. With two springs, I can do zero reps. I must need to increase my reps to 20 with one spring before increasing the resistance. It's a nice tool.

I love it. I think I have two springs in it and can rep it. With three springs I can still do a few but its harder.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CANCRUSHER said:

Hi if you could get only one between the chest crusher and the horseshoe bender which one would you recommend?Thanks

That’s a tough one. Honestly you can probably get more use from the Krusher. So that. But Idk if it’s because I’m a hobby blacksmith but there is something about the horseshoe bender that’s really cool. It really works the arms. The chest Krusher works the upper body. 

3 hours ago, heathdwatts said:

That's impressive. I need to work harder. Thanks.

Thank you.  All of us need to work harder. I’m sure there are quite a few around here that can do twice the springs I can. Have you tried doing them above the shoulders. It’s a lot harder. Upside down is hard too. So many variations. 

• Like 1

Yes. Above the shoulders is harder. I have been doing them upside down with the springs lower than the handles. It seems harder with the springs above the handles to me. I've only had the Krusher for a about a month, so I need to work harder and be patient. Thanks!

On 11/19/2021 at 1:40 PM, heathdwatts said:

Yes. Above the shoulders is harder. I have been doing them upside down with the springs lower than the handles. It seems harder with the springs above the handles to me. I've only had the Krusher for a about a month, so I need to work harder and be patient. Thanks!

One thing I'm not real happy about. The black handle slipped off. But If i had to guess, Its probably hard to design something that wont slip.  I just used some electrical tape and wrapped it tight.

On 11/8/2021 at 6:06 PM, Blacksmith513 said:

I'll add a picture later... This thing is great and deserves its own thread.  I bought it because I bought the horseshoe bender. Which I made a thread about, and is also awesome. But with the chest krusher, there is so many ways to use it. I'd imagine its great for building the strength required do scroll work. Not so much the technique obviously. Between the two of them, i've spent about $825.. A lot of money and i'm a cheap prick, but I really think they will last for ever. Stock costs money too, and adds up. So I figured its a great way to train, without running out to buy steel every month.  I like holding it above my left and right shoulders and closing it.. It works my triceps. 

I really really recommend the Krusher... Slim the Hammerman used the one made by York.  This thing aint going to make me Slim, but if its good enough for him it is good enough for me. 

I'm glad you like it, I figured you would!  As I said earlier, Robert's Krusher is way better than the one Slim used/uses

On 11/19/2021 at 9:28 AM, CANCRUSHER said:

Hi if you could get only one between the chest crusher and the horseshoe bender which one would you recommend?Thanks

I'd get the Krusher because it will likely develop more overall strength, but I own both and both are pretty cool.

22 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

One thing I'm not real happy about. The black handle slipped off. But If i had to guess, Its probably hard to design something that wont slip.  I just used some electrical tape and wrapped it tight.

I've had this problem, I use gorilla glue on the top of the metal handle and around the actual tubing.  If you get it on good, it will hold for a while.  I'm pretty sure glue is all Robert uses in production, but I've had to re-glue both handles several times.  I suspect it would cost significantly more to knurl the ends of the handles.

Edited by RiotGrip

49 minutes ago, RiotGrip said:

I'm glad you like it, I figured you would!  As I said earlier, Robert's Krusher is way better than the one Slim used/uses

I'd get the Krusher because it will likely develop more overall strength, but I own both and both are pretty cool.

I've had this problem, I use gorilla glue on the top of the metal handle and around the actual tubing.  If you get it on good, it will hold for a while.  I'm pretty sure glue is all Robert uses in production, but I've had to re-glue both handles several times.  I suspect it would cost significantly more to knurl the ends of the handles.

Yeah, I figured its just going to happen.. There is lot of pressure put on those handles.. I used tape as a quick fix but i'll glue it someday.  I bent my first piece of 1/2 square stock.. The Krusher is very similar... Its going to pay off in no time. Great way to use those muscles without buying steel constantly.  I still love the Horseshoe bender and plan on both of these devices twice a week Kinda a great finisher after my main grip workout and don't kill the hands like high volume bending  bending.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just another update... I lost a few weeks using it, between taking a deload week and then loosing a week from a bad stomach virus and then it took another week to get my strength back... There is nothing else I can say that hasn't already been said.... But its added some mass to my upper body for sure.  This is a great investment, for just about anyone in the strength community. I'm far from a fitness expert, but whether your a strongman, steel bender, bodybuilder, bodyweight guy, martial artist or whatever,  this is a great tool.  If you got the extra scratch, buy one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Just another update... I lost a few weeks using it, between taking a deload week and then loosing a week from a bad stomach virus and then it took another week to get my strength back... There is nothing else I can say that hasn't already been said.... But its added some mass to my upper body for sure.  This is a great investment, for just about anyone in the strength community. I'm far from a fitness expert, but whether your a strongman, steel bender, bodybuilder, bodyweight guy, martial artist or whatever,  this is a great tool.  If you got the extra scratch, buy one. 

It definitely looks like an awesome piece of equipment but it's too expensive for what it brings to the table in my opinion.

You can get the same development (probably even more) for your entire body with just a barbell and plates.

Other than that I do think it looks awesome!

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilErik said:

It definitely looks like an awesome piece of equipment but it's too expensive for what it brings to the table in my opinion.

You can get the same development (probably even more) for your entire body with just a barbell and plates.

Other than that I do think it looks awesome!

From a aesthetic point of view yes,  barbells are better for development and obviously from raw strength as well., but I don’t care too much for looks. This is great for isometrics, which in turn is great for bending steel. The only true way to get better at bending is to bend. But the price of steel adds up. Between this the Wrist Developer and Horseshoe bender I spent $1000 roughly. Doesn’t take that long to spend $1000 in steel. I’d like to get to a point where I use these to stay in bending shape, and then go through cycles where I bent actual steel.

• Like 1

But you don't need an expensive device. You can pre-bend large steel at a variety of angles and then use those for isometric training. You could use anything at all for isometric training that's one of the advantages, it just needs to be stronger than a human and that's a real low bar. You never need money in order to build strength, tho gadgets and devices definitely make it fun and can aid in motivation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

But you don't need an expensive device. You can pre-bend large steel at a variety of angles and then use those for isometric training. You could use anything at all for isometric training that's one of the advantages, it just needs to be stronger than a human and that's a real low bar. You never need money in order to build strength, tho gadgets and devices definitely make it fun and can aid in motivation. 

True and thats what its all about, having fun and staying motivated... You can get very strong with bodyweight workouts and lifting rocks and a sledgehammer... everyone needs a sledgehammer.. You can spend $50-100+ a month at a gym and get very strong. i prefer to just splurge every few years but at least I own it and they all have will hold some value when/if I ever need to sell... Except for a Concept 2 rowing machine, and couple things here and there, I have everything I want, and I seriously plan on using this stuff until the day I either die or physically can't for whatever reason.

56 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

From a aesthetic point of view yes,  barbells are better for development and obviously from raw strength as well., but I don’t care too much for looks. This is great for isometrics, which in turn is great for bending steel. The only true way to get better at bending is to bend. But the price of steel adds up. Between this the Wrist Developer and Horseshoe bender I spent $1000 roughly. Doesn’t take that long to spend $1000 in steel. I’d like to get to a point where I use these to stay in bending shape, and then go through cycles where I bent actual steel.

I agree man I am all for doing what you love.

It wasn't a knock or anything I am glad that you enjoy it so much!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I agree man I am all for doing what you love.

It wasn't a knock or anything I am glad that you enjoy it so much!

Don’t worry I never took it as such. Forums are made to talk about stuff.

• Like 1

Same, anybody can buy anything they want I just don't want new people seeing things like this and assuming you need to spend a fortune to get strong. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Same, anybody can buy anything they want I just don't want new people seeing things like this and assuming you need to spend a fortune to get strong. 

Me too, on the other hand, if someone is interested in one, there isn’t much info out there about it or even one old ones from the 60s. Just trying to inform people who might want to buy it, or maybe based on the info in this thread, not buy it.

That old saying goes if you can't make it, borrow it ,or steal it, then you have to buy it.

• Like 1

A lot of stuff like this can be easily made. If you can't do it yourself get with a welder and he should be able to put something together.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

A lot of stuff like this can be easily made. If you can't do it yourself get with a welder and he should be able to put something together.

I could have made it.  But my time is more valuable to me. To be honest I’m trying to put together a legitimate side business to fabricate and forge workout equipment, might take a few years but that’s the plan, and Not stuff I’ve bought, don’t want to steal anyones ideas..

One thing I gotta say, Yes we can make a lot of this stuff at home, but there’s guys like David Horne, Luke Raymond, Jedd Johnson, FBBC etc etc…. That are well respected members of this community and they feed their families by selling us products. None of them as far as I know are getting rich off it, but I do like to support them whenever I can to keep this community going.

• Like 1

I've been doing this for quite a while yes you're not gonna get rich. But I've made a good amount of money and enjoyed every bit of the time I put into what I'm making. This sounds weird but Sometimes the Excitement you see on peoples face after you built them something is worth just as much as the money

• Like 3