Hopefully
13 minutes ago, AvgJo said:

It's funny because I used to be a stretching/mobility fanatic but I recently got tired of it all. I used to skip workouts if I didn't have time for mobility before hand for it. I stopped it all because of that and to be honest, I feel stronger now. I can't really explain it. I just feel more rigid. I think being overly mobile is a bad thing and being overly tight is a bad thing, in between is ok. I still have a good standard with 2-3 mobility/stretching exercises which is enough for me, like palms on the floor in a standing pike stretch is one I use as a guidline. Anyway, thanks again man. I'm interested to play around with my setting today 🙂

Yeah, that's true. One should only have as much mobility/flexibility as is needed providing the joints are functioning optimally. 

I enjoy flexibility training, I like how it makes me feel. More free. Makes you realize just how stiff you used to be 😁 

And yeah good luck. 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 1
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AvgJo

• Hopefully

• mcalpine1986

• Nuttgens

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will try my best to keep a log of my grip training here which will mostly revolve around closing the #3. I have never trained grippers consistently or even seriously, it was just a bit of fun after

26/07/2020  

Just a bit of an update, I’m back home now and I received my grippers! I should get 3 in 1 oil delivered today also. Since Sunday the 6th evening, I was basically crippled in bed in Poland for 5 days 

Posted Images

12/09/2020

Grip:

CoC #2.5 1x2 closes
210H 1x2 closes
GHP 5 1x5 closes
CoC #2 1x8 closes
GHP 4 1x10 closes

Nothing max effort, just trying to work on my setting technique and still not back at full health. Saving energy for this coming week which will be last before deload, going ahead with the proper version of Nathan Holle’s method now that I have more grippers to work with. Forward with the #3 attempts.

• Like 1

14/09/2020

Grip:

All GHP 38mm block sets:
CoC #3 6 attempts
CoC #2.5 3 closes
210H 3 closes
60mm pinch 5x5 at 21.3kg

Push:
Handstands 12 sets
Grippers 12 sets
Pushups 10x10 +20kg vest
60mm pinch 5x5 at 21.3kg
Skullcrushers 4x12 at 25kg
FG EZ bar curls 4x12 at 25kg

Thought I'd show how I incorporate my grip work into my workouts this week. I try to superset them where I can, HS with grippers and PU with pinch today. If I go ahead with getting back to the gym, I'll probably be switching to a new split that has a 3x pw focus on weighted chins. I really want to get back to OAC training as it was a long term goal of mine.

Edited by AvgJo
  • Like 1

16/09/2020

Grip:

All CCS:
GHP 5 2 closes
GHP 5 4 attempts
CoC #2 2 closes
CoC #2 4 attempts
FG inverted rows 3x8 at BW

Pull:
Grippers 12 sets
Chinups 10x10 at BW
FG inverted rows 3x8 at BW
YTWLMs 3 sets
FG DB curls 4x12 at 12.3kg

CCS is something I've never tried, it feels hard but I just need some practice. It's hard to tell if my GHPs and 210H are rated more or less than my CoCs due to the sharp knurling on the new ones. FG inverted rows were carried out by using 2 removable handles from resistance bands and attaching Fat Gripz to them and attaching that to rings straps.

Edited by AvgJo
  • Like 1

18/09/2020

Grip:

All GHP 38mm block sets:
CoC #3 1 attempt
CoC #2.5 2 attempts
210H 2 attempts
GHP 5 3,3,2 closes (GHP block set each rep)

Hands are feeling fatigued. 8th week of grippers done and now time for deload this coming week. I will be away on a wee getaway to a lodge from 21st-24th anyway. Looking to start a new program for chins and bench from 28th onwards. Will possibly change to rep work on grippers to try it out and tbh, to save time. My goal is to work towards 3x8 (each rep GHP block set) with my GHP 5, be hitting that Mon,Wed,Fri and doing my regular grip work ontop of that. My GHP 5 is a nice level for me to work with reps wise.

Edited by AvgJo
  • Like 1