520kg deadlift!!!???

king crusher

It looks like he grows bigger in videos posted day to day.   I don’t know what he will pull but I’m thinking 501 won’t be much of a challenge. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Bearcat 74 said:

It looks like he grows bigger in videos posted day to day.   I don’t know what he will pull but I’m thinking 501 won’t be much of a challenge. 

It's the beard. I think the beard definitely helps.

On 4/22/2020 at 1:01 PM, climber511 said:

I wonder what kind of blood pressure readings you would get on these guys during the lift?

Can’t remember source so don’t quote me, but I remember reading that during Olympic weightlifting it’ll spike to like 3-400 for a sec.  I could believe that during big deadlifts.  With noses bleeding, Eddie hall going blind for a while, etc..

2 minutes ago, hareboll said:

Can’t remember source so don’t quote me, but I remember reading that during Olympic weightlifting it’ll spike to like 3-400 for a sec.  I could believe that during big deadlifts.  With noses bleeding, Eddie hall going blind for a while, etc..

Here’s 345:  https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2632751/

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

It's the beard. I think the beard definitely helps.

Well, looks like need a ZZ Top beard, stat.  

• 2 months later...

Edit: posted in the wrong topic by mistake 

Edited by Chez

On 4/20/2020 at 11:31 PM, John McCarter said:
  • The world record strongman deadlift (with equipment including a deadlift suit and weightlifting straps) is 500 kg (1,102 lb), held by Eddie Hall and set during the Europe's Strongest Man competition (at the World Deadlift Championship) held on 9th July 2016, in front of a crowd of 10,000 people at the First Direct Arena in Leeds, UK.
  • The world record tire deadlift (with equipment including a deadlift suit, weightlifting straps, and a long bar with tires as weights) is 1,155 lb (524 kg), held by Zydrunas Savickas (2014 Arnold Strongman Classic).
  • The world record elephant bar deadlift is 474 kg (1,045 lb), held by Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson (2019 Arnold Strongman Classic).
  • The world record RAW deadlift (no deadlifting suits, straps or hitching) is 1,015 lb (460 kg), held by Benedikt Magnússon.
  • The world record deadlift for women is 305 kg (672 lb), held by Becca Swanson.
  • The world record elephant bar deadlift for women is 621 lb (282 kg), held by Andrea Thompson (2020 Arnold Strongman Classic). 

Still can't believe Benny's record still stands. Has to be one on the oldest raw records. Also,and incredible lift that looked easy. 

13 hours ago, stranger said:

Still can't believe Benny's record still stands. Has to be one on the oldest raw records. Also,and incredible lift that looked easy. 

Many regard Benni’s raw DL as the greatest DL in history. I am one of them.

• Like 1