Race to raw 375 T&G bench thread!!!- Race still open!

Tommy J.

Damn! No I got a notice the song playing in the background was copyright protected.  Anyone know how to switch the song or mute it? 

Had to download a different editor that worked from my phone. Random music now

• Like 2

Time to start logging again guys with tonight's workout. I am currently training in my friends garage gym so I switched back to my previous routine even though I was still making great gains on the other one. Reason being is the other one was very long and I didn't want to take advantage of my friend's generosity but staying at his house for hrs and killing his time. This is only the 3rd workout of this routine so its still light and ramping up. 

Flat Barbell Bench Press

4 warm up sets

255 lbs - 4 sets of 4x

285 lbs - Single. Super easy

200 lbs - 17x. AMRAP. I am not use to these high rep sets now so it will take time to adjust again

Incline Barbell Bench Press

185 lbs - 5x

225 lbs - 3x

240 lbs - 3x. Easy

- Still getting use to this incline setup. different then the gym setup. 

Barbell Floor Press (real weight, not smith machine since he has a real power cage) - every rep paused

245 lbs - 3x

265 lbs - 2x

285 lbs - 1x. easy

245 lbs - 5x

Straight Bar Triceps Pushdowns on Plate Loaded Cable Machine

100 lbs in plates - 4 sets of 10x. easy. 

- Skipped Biceps since I hit Standing Dumbbell Hammer Curls in the community Fitness Room Monday night. 

- Time to get back in the groove again. Apocalypse training. Onwards!

Edited by Chez
  • Like 4

B6E4FE9B-D8B9-4A0C-B0FD-C034D6C43799.jpeg

• Like 5

Was going to give 300 a ride but as I warmed up shoulders would not loosen up and elbow was popping and cracking.  So after 245, I put some reverse bands on.  Slack at top, about 100 off at bottom.   After hitting 355 on that, lost the bands and doubled 282 raw  Should have tried 300 fresh.  Next session.

Btw, I'm wearing 2X Elitefts knee sleeves.  Given my elbow problems, that is how I'll always bench going forward.  Pretty loose, but they might give me 5 - 10 lbs.  No idea.  Just wanted to put it out there.

355 reverse band bp: 0 at lockout, about 100 off at bottom.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Was going to give 300 a ride but as I warmed up shoulders would not loosen up and elbow was popping and cracking.  So after 245, I put some reverse bands on.  Slack at top, about 100 off at bottom.   After hitting 355 on that, lost the bands and doubled 282 raw  Should have tried 300 fresh.  Next session.

Btw, I'm wearing 2X Elitefts knee sleeves.  Given my elbow problems, that is how I'll always bench going forward.  Pretty loose, but they might give me 5 - 10 lbs.  No idea.  Just wanted to put it out there.

355 reverse band bp: 0 at lockout, about 100 off at bottom.

Nice work! I find that LOTS of light warm ups are needed now as we get more "seasoned" in age. For bench I'll do the bar for 3-4 sets and then do another 2-3 sets with 95lbs before putting even a plate on

Same with dbs. I'll do a few sets with 20's and a couple more with 30's. Sometimes more before even getting into 50's etc

I have been using my cheap Amazon sleeves to keep the joints warm. Highly doubt they help as I can pull them on with one hand easily.  But they do help stay a bit warmer

Edited by king crusher
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Nice work! I find that LOTS of light warm ups are needed now as we get more "seasoned" in age. For bench I'll do the bar for 3-4 sets and then do another 2-3 sets with 95lbs before putting even a plate on

Same with dbs. I'll do a few sets with 20's and a couple more with 30's. Sometimes more before even getting into 50's etc

I have been using my cheap Amazon sleeves to keep the joints warm. Highly doubt they help as I can pull them on with one hand easily.  But they do help stay a bit warmer

Yea, I usually do bar x 20 and 95 x 10.  Maybe I need to do 2 sets of each.

• Like 1

7C61A5E6-B7D8-4FE0-ACDC-76F622FA9A82.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

7C61A5E6-B7D8-4FE0-ACDC-76F622FA9A82.jpeg

So that's like 230ish for 20? Strong!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

Nice reps!

Thanks! 

2 minutes ago, king crusher said:

So that's like 230ish for 20? Strong!

Yeah, about 233. I was attempting to beat my 20 rep PR by half a kilo. And thanks! Feels good to be on my way out of the lifting duldrums. 

• Like 2

Cool video from one of the greatest benchers of all time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Crazy reppage!

It’s funny, but before I started doing high rep benches in the last couple years I never knew I was disproportionately stronger with them. At the same time I’ve discovered I’m better with low reps on squats. This is all based on me putting in my numbers with rep calculators. With deadlifts I’m closer to balanced. 

And thanks, Mike!

Edited by EricMilfeld
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Cool video from one of the greatest benchers of all time.

For quite a while no one could touch him on squats or bench. So sad he was taken too soon. 

• Like 1

Got 300 today on bench.  Honestly that was my goal all along.  It's been fun, but going to back off now and do rep work for 3-4 weeks and let the joints heal up.  Then we'll see.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Got 300 today on bench.  Honestly that was my goal all along.  It's been fun, but going to back off now and do rep work for 3-4 weeks and let the joints heal up.  Then we'll see.

Good stuff buddy!

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

Good stuff buddy!

Thanks bud!

• Like 1

Last nights workout:

Time to log last night’s workout so I can get on track with logging in general:

Flat Barbell Bench Press

4 warm ups 

255 lbs - 4x

255 lbs - 5x

255 lbs - 5x

255 lbs - 4x

290 lbs - 1x. Easy 

205 lbs - 16x AMRAP

Incline Barbell Bench Press

185 lbs - 5x

225 lbs - 3x 

245 lbs - 3x. Easy 

Barbell Floor Press (each rep paused)

245 lbs - 3x

270 lbs - 2x

290 lbs - 1x

245 lbs - 5x

Straight Bar Triceps Pushdowns 

100 lbs - 10x

120 lbs - 3 sets of 8x

• Like 5

E95EE80D-FB52-4FD6-90F5-09C7BECBB3E0.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Shoggoth said:

Good stuff!

Thanks man.  Being home so much, I'm eating my way to a PR.  Afraid to step on the scale.  Pretty sure I put 20 of the 35 I lost back on.

• Like 1