Race to raw 375 T&G bench thread!!!- Race still open!

Tommy J.

4 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Benched this am. 240 single (post injury PR) then 5 reps with: 200 (post injury PR), 195, 190, & 185. Didn't feel strong, but progress.

Great job mike. Keep the PRs flowing like wine 🍷 

I just finished overhead press. I got the 210 for 10 triples. Last rep was a little tough. 215 next week is going to be brutal 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Chez said:

Great job mike. Keep the PRs flowing like wine 🍷 

I just finished overhead press. I got the 210 for 10 triples. Last rep was a little tough. 215 next week is going to be brutal 

Keeelin it

I'm in on this.....not really just wanted to post my video. 

• Like 3

Went back 3yrs ago, 30lbs heavier bodyweight,  same bench and same dumbbells even. Almost got 10 but I was using wrist wraps and a belt. My back was achy back then from all my high volume deads. The wrist wraps do help a bit. Getting close to that being a lot lighter and older. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Went back 3yrs ago, 30lbs heavier bodyweight,  same bench and same dumbbells even. Almost got 10 but I was using wrist wraps and a belt. My back was achy back then from all my high volume deads. The wrist wraps do help a bit. Getting close to that being a lot lighter and older. 

I'm out of likes but nice job!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I'm out of likes but nice job!

Thanks sir. 

Broke out the old stopwatch which I do from time to time to check bar speed and today it took 16.7 seconds to do the 6reps. It only took 9.5sec to get to 6reps 3yrs ago and 18.3 to hit 9 reps. So still pretty far off of that performance but oh well.

Edited by king crusher

3 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Thanks sir. 

Broke out the old stopwatch which I do from time to time to check bar speed and today it took 16.7 seconds to do the 6reps. It only took 9.5sec to get to 6reps 3yrs ago and 18.3 to hit 9 reps. So still pretty far off of that performance but oh well.

Father time is undefeated.  But you're giving him a fight.

• Haha 1

If ate at a big surplus I could match the 120x9 performance at 212-215 I'd guess. Which would be awesome. 

Also though I recall I did that fresh and I hit 130'sx3 right after it.

Today i did this after incline barbell so was a bit fatigued but didnt go balls out on barbell today. Worked up to a 275 single and did 225x8 then over to incline db

• Like 1

Another really great chest and arms session. Moved up again. Feeling great. 

Flat Barbell Bench Press

6 warm ups

280 lbs - 10 sets of triples. Every rep was smooth. I called someone over to spot the 10 set (just in case) and they said it looked like I had a couple more reps in me. Feeling strong

Incline Barbell Bench Press

185 lbs - 3x

225 lbs - 3x

265 lbs - 3x. Last one was tough but I got it

Smith Machine Floor Press - Every Rep Paused

275 lbs - 3x

295 lbs - 2x

325 lbs - 1x. Dominated. My training partner said it looked easy and it felt like it

280 lbs - 4x. Wanted a 5th but I got out of position. Can't win them all. 

Machine Peck Deck FLys

190 lbs - 12x

210 lbs - 12x

230 lbs - 12x

250 lbs (whole stack) - 12x

Tricep Push Downs

150 lbs (whole Stack) + 45 lb Plate - 3 sets of 10x

Single Arm Machine Bicep Curls

170 lbs (whole Stack) - 4 sets of 8x each. That felt crazy easy. The extra bicep work I was have been throwing in is paying off. More reps next week

Standing Calf Raises on a step

Body Weight - 4 sets of 30x

Edited by Chez
  • Like 4

A lot of really good work Chez!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

A lot of really good work Chez!

Thanks buddy and best part is I haven't felt the pull/strain in weeks. really happy

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Chez said:

Flat Barbell Bench Press

6 warm ups

280 lbs - 10 sets of triples. Every rep was smooth. I called someone over to spot the 10 set (just in case) and they said it looked like I had a couple more reps in me. Feeling strong

185 lbs - 3x

225 lbs - 3x

275 lbs - 3x

295 lbs - 2x

325 lbs - 1x. Dominated. My training partner said it looked easy and it felt like it

Machine Peck Deck FLys

190 lbs - 12x

210 lbs - 12x

230 lbs - 12x

Tricep Push Downs

170 lbs (whole Stack) - 4 sets of 8x each. That felt crazy easy. The extra bicep work I was have been throwing in is paying off. More reps next week

10 triples with 280 is strong good work

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, king crusher said:

10 triples with 280 is strong good work

Thanks man. appreciate it. 

Still sick.  Still making progress.  Max going up 5 lbs a session.  Had at least another 5 in me today, but refrained.

Raw BP up to 245 X 1 easy. (post injury PR)

MD Slingshot: 275 X 2 easy

Regular Slingshot: 225 X 10 - grinder (post injury PR.

• Like 4

Although my bench seems to be getting stronger lately, it is also causing increased issues and pain with my neck.  Because of this, I'm going to have to scale back or at least stop trying to push higher-and-higher.  I've been having neck issues for the past year+ which have been improving with a variety of treatments.  But, going near-100% on bench lately is causing too much pain, which just isn't worth it.  So, sadly, I'm out of this.  Will continue to follow though!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

My plan is working.  Now how do I get Milfeld, Tommy, and Chez to drop out? 🤔

Two down.  3 to go! 😂

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Haha 5

65768E69-7690-4C92-8FE6-271A6DB69537.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Buccos1 said:

Although my bench seems to be getting stronger lately, it is also causing increased issues and pain with my neck.  Because of this, I'm going to have to scale back or at least stop trying to push higher-and-higher.  I've been having neck issues for the past year+ which have been improving with a variety of treatments.  But, going near-100% on bench lately is causing too much pain, which just isn't worth it.  So, sadly, I'm out of this.  Will continue to follow though!

Real sorry to hear this, Carl. You were off to a great start, too. Here’s to healing up quick!

5 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

My plan is working.  Now how do I get Milfeld, Tommy, and Chez to drop out? 🤔

Two down.  3 to go! 😂

The eye surgeon already tried and failed to get me to hang up my belt. My shoulder is still trying. You’re gonna have to bring out the big guns, Mike...

• Like 3

On 3/12/2020 at 7:00 PM, EricMilfeld said:

The eye surgeon already tried and failed to get me to hang up my belt. My shoulder is still trying. You’re gonna have to bring out the big guns, Mike...

Mine too.  I giggled.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 8:41 PM, Chez said:

Flat Barbell Bench Press

6 warm ups

185 lbs - 3x

225 lbs - 3x

275 lbs - 3x

295 lbs - 2x

Machine Peck Deck FLys

190 lbs - 12x

210 lbs - 12x

230 lbs - 12x

Tricep Push Downs

Awesome workout!  That kind of volume would put me in bed for a month!

• Thanks 1

when my ankle was real bad (grinding bone on bone and you could hear it. every step hurt). I had 3 doctors who wanted to chop my heal bone off, slide it over and screw it back in (plus take a tendon from another area to fix the one I tore and put a dead person's bone graft in my foot) and said I wouldn't be able to lift heavy again................I spent weeks researching and found a very minimal invasive procedure that is reversible if it doesn't work. I canceled that bullshit surgery and did the reversible one. It took 2+ years of rehab just to be able to walk for long distances but I am so glad I did it. I am better than ever. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Chez said:

when my ankle was real bad (grinding bone on bone and you could hear it. every step hurt). I had 3 doctors who wanted to chop my heal bone off, slide it over and screw it back in (plus take a tendon from another area to fix the one I tore and put a dead person's bone graft in my foot) and said I wouldn't be able to lift heavy again................I spent weeks researching and found a very minimal invasive procedure that is reversible if it doesn't work. I canceled that bullshit surgery and did the reversible one. It took 2+ years of rehab just to be able to walk for long distances but I am so glad I did it. I am better than ever. 

I love this story. 

• Thanks 1

Just finished overhead press and it was heavy 

215 lbs - 5 triples, double, single 

195 lbs - 3 triples. Had to drop to this to finish 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chez said:

Just finished overhead press and it was heavy 

215 lbs - 5 triples, double, single 

195 lbs - 3 triples. Had to drop to this to finish 

Because it was.  Nice work!

• Thanks 1

Not saying you guys should be worried, but I'm back over a bodyweight bench press.  Lol. 

Bench Press: Worked up to single with 255 (10 lb post injury PR)

Reg SS: 255 x 4 (PI PR)

JM Press with SSB:  Worked up to 153 X 10

Band press downs and rotator cuff work.

• Like 2