$$$- some bending history

Tommy J.

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

Yes exactly. I do believe him. He has proved himself unlike Gazza which was warming up on what two Aaron at his peak could max in IM pads. Gazza was a the Joe Kinney of bending plain and simple. This strength doesn't exist especially Gazza's best bend ever was a shiny or a big shiny with double pads which took him 15 minutes to bend in front of someone. Leaving Gazza aside, if Brian Shaw said he was the first to lift a 135 York blob I will definitely believe him. He is after all world strongest man 4 times, big hands, heck he lifted the 145 and the 150 york. But since the only video is Jedd Johnson then Jedd is the first man to lift it. Will I believe Shaw if he said he did it earlier? Yes. But does it count? No. That's how I see it.

I’m not overly worried about it. The one(s) that sticks in history the longest will be the cert(s) anyways. But further, a video isn’t even required by IronMind for a cert. still to this day, only a live referee appointed by Ironmind, seeing a man or woman do the feat within Ironmind's rules is what’s required. Obviously everybody these days does video. But in the event someone did cert and didn’t get video, what would you think then? And at what point do we draw the line for “proof”?  And call it good enough? The answer is apparently (bad word filter)ing never with some people. Because as years go by, the proof has to be better and better documented, per keeping up with technology, per everyone that comes along years after. Or it don’t count, right? What about Durniat’s 3.5 cert? Not on vid. Mike Burke’s 3.5 cert? Not on vid. Brian Shaw’s #3 cert? Not on vid. Etc. etc. all of them have without a doubt grip prowess that proves they are legit. But if we go by your logic above about Brian and the blob and no video before Jedd, then that same logic must also apply to Durniat’s 3.5 cert, Burke, etc. or it’s not quite as sound of a logic as you like to believe.

I’ll give a hypothetical to help understand another problem with similar logic... let’s say years down the road some other group of guys comes along and decides that only Juha and Alex are the “only” gold nail benders. And PK, JT, myself, EJ, etc. are all considered non benders since we did it in doubles and not single IMPs, like Juha and Alex have done. What then? Are those guys requirements for “proof” now the new standard? Things get complicated when we split hairs, huh?

As a gold nail bender, and also a friend of PK and JT, and EJ, etc. I have no problems what so ever acknowledging Pat as the first guy to bend one. So much so that I even gave my own money away to those who see it the same way. The fact that he doesn’t have video makes no more difference to me than Durniat and Burke not having video of they’re historical feats. Would I have liked video of Pats bend? Of course! Who wouldn’t? But we don’t.

I am willing to hear some Gazza case studies as well. And imo, the stuff Tim Tolbert sent Gazza (that he opened from an untampered package in an uncut vid and bent in fairly thin single wraps) was far harder than a big shiny bastard. While I’m not a believer of his railroad spike bend, I do think he was a serious Level Charlie Sheen (bad word filter)ed up bender.

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

I’m not overly worried about it. The one(s) that sticks in history the longest will be the cert(s) anyways. But further, a video isn’t even required by IronMind for a cert. still to this day, only a live referee appointed by Ironmind, seeing a man or woman do the feat within Ironmind's rules is what’s required. Obviously everybody these days does video. But in the event someone did cert and didn’t get video, what would you think then? And at what point do we draw the line for “proof”?  And call it good enough? The answer is apparently (bad word filter)ing never with some people. Because as years go by, the proof has to be better and better documented, per keeping up with technology, per everyone that comes along years after. Or it don’t count, right? What about Durniat’s 3.5 cert? Not on vid. Mike Burke’s 3.5 cert? Not on vid. Brian Shaw’s #3 cert? Not on vid. Etc. etc. all of them have without a doubt grip prowess that proves they are legit. But if we go by your logic above about Brian and the blob and no video before Jedd, then that same logic must also apply to Durniat’s 3.5 cert, Burke, etc. or it’s not quite as sound of a logic as you like to believe.

I’ll give a hypothetical to help understand another problem with similar logic... let’s say years down the road some other group of guys comes along and decides that only Juha and Alex are the “only” gold nail benders. And PK, JT, myself, EJ, etc. are all considered non benders since we did it in doubles and not single IMPs, like Juha and Alex have done. What then? Are those guys requirements for “proof” now the new standard? Things get complicated when we split hairs, huh?

As a gold nail bender, and also a friend of PK and JT, and EJ, etc. I have no problems what so ever acknowledging Pat as the first guy to bend one. So much so that I even gave my own money away to those who see it the same way. The fact that he doesn’t have video makes no more difference to me than Durniat and Burke not having video of they’re historical feats. Would I have liked video of Pats bend? Of course! Who wouldn’t? But we don’t.

I am willing to hear some Gazza case studies as well. And imo, the stuff Tim Tolbert sent Gazza (that he opened from an untampered package in an uncut vid and bent in fairly thin single wraps) was far harder than a big shiny bastard. While I’m not a believer of his railroad spike bend, I do think he was a serious Level Charlie Sheen (bad word filter)ed up bender.

Actually no. My logic is right and that's a fact. Anyone who did it first with proof should be the first. Durniat is certed on IM CoC #3.5 as per IM rules. Did I see him close it? No. Do I believe it? Of course yes because he have close many grippers in front of credible witnesses, competed in many comps (and did WELL) and have videos closing heavy grippers. In this technological world where everyone has a smartphone, it would be advisable to video a feat. No word is bond, ever. So I won't take someone's word to be the first because I know he can or had his hands in a cats trap. Did he do or not is the question. If so, is there a proof? By your logic then let's believe in Kinney too because he is certed to IM rules back at his time.

47 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Actually no. 1. My logic is right and that's a fact. Anyone who did it first with proof should be the first. Durniat is certed on IM CoC #3.5 as per IM rules. Did I see him close it? No. Do I believe it? Of course yes because he have close many grippers in front of credible witnesses, competed in many comps (and did WELL) and have videos closing heavy grippers. In this technological world where everyone has a smartphone, it would be advisable to video a feat. 2. No word is bond, ever. So I won't take someone's word to be the first because I know he can or had his hands in a cats trap. Did he do or not is the question. If so, is there a proof? By your logic then let's believe in Kinney too because he is certed to IM rules back at his time.

Which is it Bader?

13 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Which is it Bader?

I think he's saying that if someone claims a feat with no witnesses, but they have other witnesses or videos for a similarly difficult feat then it is more credible than someone just saying they did some super hard thing that is at or beyond world class levels. Like if someone says they can bench 2 plates I would err on the side of faith since it isn't uncommon, if you claim to bench over 600 we might need some videos. 

Just now, king crusher said:

Thread goes off the rails into Kinney debate in 3...2....1

Lol

Bader has a thing for Kinney. I do not. I’ll pass. 😁

Here’s a more accurate prediction for this thread- i and others understand that Pat P. Bent the first gold nail, Bader lays an egg, we all (or just me) fling shit, then it comes full circle back to Pat P. Bent the first gold nail. Lol

This forum is something at times.. Basically, I’ve never seen people work so hard seeking an enemy to defy themselves by... all I got to say to that is keep searching.

Harvey Weinstein didn’t kill himself.

and Pat P. Bent the first gold nail.

infinity infinity infinity. 😆

14 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I think he's saying that if someone claims a feat with no witnesses, but they have other witnesses or videos for a similarly difficult feat then it is more credible than someone just saying they did some super hard thing that is at or beyond world class levels. Like if someone says they can bench 2 plates I would err on the side of faith since it isn't uncommon, if you claim to bench over 600 we might need some videos. 

If that’s the case, how is there any confusion on Pat? Pat fits that exact description.

i think the problem here is simply a lack of understanding how NOT crazy hard a gold nail is to bend in doubles. If he knew, he wouldn’t be freaking out. That’s why earlier in the thread I put in bold “as a gold nail bender

hoping it might turn on a light bulb. 🤷🏼‍♂️

But... “woosh” it flew right over.

a gold nail in doubles is not comparable to a no set close of a #4. Sorry. This isn’t some magical bend we are talking about. Not for a heavy hitter. If Pat P claimed to have bent one in single IMPs, this would be a very different conversation. But he didn’t.

Edited by Tommy J.

28 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Which is it Bader?

13 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Further, my post was one of mockery. You can’t say “what I say is fact” and “NO word is bond” in the same paragraph. Or claim both ever for that matter.. because if you do, it means the same thing as “what I say is fact, but no mans word means nothing”... lol, okay?.. then that means no one should believe you either? Lol, wtf.

Btw I work nights and sleep days and am about to crash. Don’t take my brief absence as throwing in the towel! 😬

I shall return!

5 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Exactly.

5 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Bader has a thing for Kinney. I do not. I’ll pass. 😁

Here’s a more accurate prediction for this thread- i and others understand that Pat P. Bent the first gold nail, Bader lays an egg, we all (or just me) fling shit, then it comes full circle back to Pat P. Bent the first gold nail. Lol

This forum is something at times.. Basically, I’ve never seen people work so hard seeking an enemy to defy themselves by... all I got to say to that is keep searching.

Harvey Weinstein didn’t kill himself.

and Pat P. Bent the first gold nail.

infinity infinity infinity. 😆

The prediction is the same when you argued long ago that thumbs will not help a gripper close and everyone proved it wrong ;) We are here to provide facts, not argue. How do you know Pat bent the first gold? Did you see him? Did you watch a video of him bending it? Did few credible witnesses see him bend a gold? No no no. You are just believing a word. You can't prove anything here. Case closed. Again, not saying he can't. But he can't be credited with a first if there wasn't anything tangible besides the words "I bent it".

4 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Further, my post was one of mockery. You can’t say “what I say is fact” and “NO word is bond” in the same paragraph. Or claim both ever for that matter.. because if you do, it means the same thing as “what I say is fact, but no mans word means nothing”... lol, okay?.. then that means no one should believe you either? Lol, wtf.

Maybe I wasn't clear. Its not what I say to be specific. Its what I said. I made a statement on Jedd lifting a 135 York blob and being the first. Anyone who disagrees with me on this is out of his mind. That was a fact. Yes Brian Shaw could've done it, but Jedd did it before him and can name the blob now. I gave you a proof of Jedd being a first (yes there is his YouTube video and was witnessed) and you seem to not have any proof of Pat bending a gold besides his words. Words are not facts. Period.

Btw I work nights and sleep days and am about to crash. Don’t take my brief absence as throwing in the towel! 😬

I shall return!

Its not a battle buddy. Its just that claims can't be facts. Show me a proof and I'll admit to my mistake in front of everyone here saying I was wrong Tommy (and if you can't show me a proof then what, will you admit your mistake ?). You can't, not in a million years. Come back when you have a proof. Talk is cheap. This goes to anything else, if anyone who claims to have done anything hard/world class without proof I'll question him. Anyone smart should question. ;)

Edited by Alawadhi

11 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

If that’s the case, how is there any confusion on Pat? Pat fits that exact description.

i think the problem here is simply a lack of understanding how NOT crazy hard a gold nail is to bend in doubles. If he knew, he wouldn’t be freaking out. That’s why earlier in the thread I put in bold “as a gold nail bender

hoping it might turn on a light bulb. 🤷🏼‍♂️

But... “woosh” it flew right over.

a gold nail in doubles is not comparable to a no set close of a #4. Sorry. This isn’t some magical bend we are talking about. Not for a heavy hitter. If Pat P claimed to have bent one in single IMPs, this would be a very different conversation. But he didn’t.

Bader, I will continue to keep quoting my own post until you actually read it and it sinks in.

the post you keep intentionally avoiding.

Edited by Tommy J.

9 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Exactly.

The prediction is the same when you argued long ago that thumbs will not help a gripper close and everyone proved it wrong ;) We are here to provide facts, not argue. How do you know Pat bent the first gold? Did you see him? Did you watch a video of him bending it? Did few credible witnesses see him bend a gold? No no no. You are just believing a word. You can't prove anything here. Case closed. Again, not saying he can't. But he can't be credited with a first if there wasn't anything tangible besides the words "I bent it".

Maybe I wasn't clear. Its not what I say to be specific. Its what I said. I made a statement on Jedd lifting a 135 York blob and being the first. Anyone who disagrees with me on this is out of his mind. That was a fact. Yes Brian Shaw could've done it, but Jedd did it before him and can name the blob now. I gave you a proof of Jedd being a first (yes there is his YouTube video and was witnessed) and you seem to not have any proof of Pat bending a gold besides his words. Words are not facts. Period.

Its not a battle buddy. Its just that claims can't be facts. Show me a proof and I'll admit to my mistake in front of everyone here saying I was wrong Tommy (and if you can't show me a proof then what, will you admit your mistake ?). You can't, not in a million years. Come back when you have a proof. Talk is cheap. This goes to anything else, if anyone who claims to have done anything hard/world class without proof I'll question him. Anyone smart should question. ;)

The only debate on grippers I remember was a debate with a bunch of sub MM1 level guys swearing up and down you needed a “HUGE” thumb pad to close any heavy grippers. I saw it as nothing more than excuses you guys all kept making for why you couldn’t close anything decent. 😂

That was the debate... literally. You and a whole 2 other guys not even in the 160’s level gripper close, all think you made some awe inspiring case that a “HUGE” thumb pad is required to get any respectable gripper close. When I pointed out the current MM8’s thin thumb pad, (Morgan does NOT have thick hands) you all ignored it.

Edited by Tommy J.

9 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Exactly.

Then STFU. 🤷🏼‍♂️ You seem to think this applies to everyone but you.

Edited by Tommy J.

17 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Yes exactly. I do believe him. He has proved himself unlike Gazza which was warming up on what two Aaron at his peak could max in IM pads. Gazza was a the Joe Kinney of bending plain and simple. This strength doesn't exist especially Gazza's best bend ever was a shiny or a big shiny with double pads which took him 15 minutes to bend in front of someone. Leaving Gazza aside, if Brian Shaw said he was the first to lift a 135 York blob I will definitely believe him. He is after all world strongest man 4 times, big hands, heck he lifted the 145 and the 150 york. But since the only video is Jedd Johnson then Jedd is the first man to lift it. Will I believe Shaw if he said he did it earlier? Yes. But does it count? No. That's how I see it.

See Bader? You’re all over the place here. First you say you believe him, then you say no word is bond (and ironically keep talking), then you say there is no proof. Make up you’re mind, sir. 

I called it when I said this would come full circle. You cant even stick to the same stance over the course of 4-5 posts. And it is obvious you are only looking to defy yourself here by disagreeing with me. I’m flattered. But you don’t know jack about bending. The gold nail in doubles is nothing more than a flexibility bend. Anyone who has bent a KOAB can easily bend a gold nail once they stretch out to the length. As the poundage on a KOAB by far surpasses the poundage on a gold nail. And guess what? Look who all has bent a KOAB..

FF1DA75C-C0FF-41FC-AA63-AF745FBA076B.png

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 2

Let’s not get it twisted. I’m not exactly a fan of Pat. I know he was a hater of other great benders at times. Probably one of the biggest haters, actually. Including hating on benders I consider friends. But, it takes nothing from his steel bending accolades. Pat is a bit of a narcissist in thinking no one else can bend the stuff he bends. But who cares? He is still a very strong bender. I look at Pat like I look at Paul Savage. I’m not a fan of Paul either. And I think he shares a similar narcissist outlook as Pat. But that said, I won’t deny Paul as being possibly the first man to ever CCS close a #4 gripper. Because Paul has already done some insane gripper feats with witnesses that validate his claims. Just like Pat P. Has done with bending.

• Like 1

Then STFU. 🤷🏼‍♂️ You seem to think this applies to everyone but you.

Naah buddy. I made it clear what I said with facts. Hence its right. Yes no word is bond. Still waiting for your proof he bent a hold.

See Bader? You’re all over the place here. First you say you believe him, then you say no word is bond (and ironically keep talking), then you say there is no proof. Make up you’re mind, sir. 

I called it when I said this would come full circle. You cant even stick to the same stance over the course of 4-5 posts. And it is obvious you are only looking to defy yourself here by disagreeing with me. I’m flattered. But you don’t know jack about bending. The gold nail in doubles is nothing more than a flexibility bend. Anyone who has bent a KOAB can easily bend a gold nail once they stretch out to the length. As the poundage on a KOAB by far surpasses the poundage on a gold nail. And guess what? Look who all has bent a KOAB..

FF1DA75C-C0FF-41FC-AA63-AF745FBA076B.png

Yes of course. Believing doesn't mean at all he did it. When we say history, my opinion doesn't matter. Brian Shaw can tell me 100 times he bent a Red. I can believe him but to be there in the books, he should do it in front of credible witnesses, or a video.

As for your list nice try but it doesn't mean nothing. I asked for a proof you claimed. The first gold nail bend. I don't see it. As for you claiming I don't know jack about bending, that's funny. I was warming up with a red when you couldn't bend a G5. Then I left bending before you even bent. Anyway, back then the gold were harder than a KOAB. That's why the strong guys back then who could bend a KOAB in IM pads couldn't cert on a gold because of its length and it being harder. The gold got softer by time (steel varies a lot) and heck when IM sent weak golds last year or two still to date no one certified. Yes IM pads is harder than doubles. But back to my main question, where is your evidence? 

P.S. to all jerks who are cowards and hiding behind fake Tommy account on Instagram tell me/insult me here with your real account. You can't because you are not a man to start with. Tommy is on my friend list there, he didn't change his account, when he will curse me (which he WON'T), he will tell it to my face. He ain't a coward to make new accounts. So troll or trolls if you have something to say, say it here in front of people with your real account, creating a new account will results of exposing your IP address on the gripboard so don't think you are smart. Man up.

24 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Naah buddy. I made it clear what I said with facts. Hence its right. Yes no word is bond. Still waiting for your proof he bent a hold.

Yes of course. Believing doesn't mean at all he did it. When we say history, my opinion doesn't matter. Brian Shaw can tell me 100 times he bent a Red. I can believe him but to be there in the books, he should do it in front of credible witnesses, or a video.

As for your list nice try but it doesn't mean nothing. I asked for a proof you claimed. The first gold nail bend. I don't see it. As for you claiming I don't know jack about bending, that's funny. I was warming up with a red when you couldn't bend a G5. Then I left bending before you even bent. Anyway, back then the gold were harder than a KOAB. That's why the strong guys back then who could bend a KOAB in IM pads couldn't cert on a gold because of its length and it being harder. The gold got softer by time (steel varies a lot) and heck when IM sent weak golds last year or two still to date no one certified. Yes IM pads is harder than doubles. But back to my main question, where is your evidence? 

P.S. to all jerks who are cowards and hiding behind fake Tommy account on Instagram tell me/insult me here with your real account. You can't because you are not a man to start with. Tommy is on my friend list there, he didn't change his account, when he will curse me (which he WON'T), he will tell it to my face. He ain't a coward to make new accounts. So troll or trolls if you have something to say, say it here in front of people with your real account, creating a new account will results of exposing your IP address on the gripboard so don't think you are smart. Man up.

Okay first off, no idea who is hating you on IG. Definitely not me. Sorry that is happening! I know there is some history of you having haters? Now we know for a fact they are also here on the GB if they pose as me after you and I debate here! Who ever is hating on bader on IG, or anywhere else, please don’t do that under my name? Bader and I will discuss our matters here. If you have beef with Bader, that is fine, but leave me out of it please?

Bader, nossir. A gold nail has NEVER been calibrated higher than ANY KOAB I’m aware of. Comparing the 8-3/8” gold nail to a 7” KOAB that is! Don’t know what a 7” gold nail may have calibrated at if anyone has calibrated one. And if they did, it would be beside the point. Because no one is claiming a 7” gold nail bend without vid.

Notice one of the baddest benders out there who has bent a gold nail NEVER bent a KOAB. JT. 

Heres the deal, a gold nail is not as hard of a bend as non gold nail benders think it is. When in doubles, it’s an easier bend than a KOAB. Always has been. I’ve said this many times. And I bent a gold nail BEFORE I bent a KOAB. I probably failed the KOAB 15-20 times before I finally bent one. The gold nail comes in a bundle of 9. And I finally bent a gold nail successfully in less attempts than what came in the bundle of 9.

that said, if Pat says he bent a gold nail he bent a gold nail. Period. He had already done harder bends prior to that bend.

and here’s another gem that most overlook. Pat P at the time, went out of his way to stress that he bent the gold in leather/suedes, and NOT in imps. Why would he say that if no one else had ever even bent one in ANY wraps? He knew right then how hard that bend would be in single imps. That’s not information he could have known without first having bent the gold in leathers/suedes, and more than likely also failing the bend in single imps.

Pat also bent his KOAB in 5”x5” suedes. Anybody that can do that can DEFINITELY bend a gold in doubles if they have the flexibility. Couple that with the fact that Pat is also a bigger/stronger guy than me, and viola. Mystery over.

Edited by Tommy J.

1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

Okay first off, no idea who is hating you on IG. Definitely not me. Sorry that is happening! I know there is some history of you having haters? Now we know for a fact they are also here on the GB if they pose as me after you and I debate here! Who ever is hating on bader on IG, or anywhere else, please don’t do that under my name? Bader and I will discuss our matters here. If you have beef with Bader, that is fine, but leave me out of it please?

Bader, nossir. A gold nail has NEVER been calibrated higher than ANY KOAB I’m aware of. Comparing the 8-3/8” gold nail to a 7” KOAB that is! Don’t know what a 7” gold nail may have calibrated at if anyone has calibrated one. And if they did, it would be beside the point. Because no one is claiming a 7” gold nail bend without vid.

Notice one of the baddest benders out there who has bent a gold nail NEVER bent a KOAB. JT. 

Heres the deal, a gold nail is not as hard of a bend as non gold nail benders think it is. When in doubles, it’s an easier bend than a KOAB. Always has been. I’ve said this many times. And I bent a gold nail BEFORE I bent a KOAB. I probably failed the KOAB 15-20 times before I finally bent one. The gold nail comes in a bundle of 9. And I finally bent a gold nail successfully in less attempts than what came in the bundle of 9.

that said, if Pat says he bent a gold nail he bent a gold nail. Period. He had already done harder bends prior to that bend.

and here’s another gem that most overlook. Pat P at the time, went out of his way to stress that he bent the gold in leather/suedes, and NOT in imps. Why would he say that if no one else had ever even bent one in ANY wraps? He knew right then how hard that bend would be in single imps. That’s not information he could have known without first having bent the gold in leathers/suedes, and more than likely also failing the bend in single imps.

Pat also bent his KOAB in 5”x5” suedes. Anybody that can do that can DEFINITELY bend a gold in doubles if they have the flexibility. Couple that with the fact that Pat is also a bigger/stronger guy than me, and viola. Mystery over.

Again sir, 100% with you. I really do believe him he bent a Gold (and in his own words took him few attempts in different days to fully bend it, unlike Paul Knight did it in like what 90 seconds?). What I am saying this, for my standards, and history, to make a thing without a doubt, in this digital world, a video or a credible witness is needed, for my standards. That's all. Yes a gold nail can't calibrate higher, true. But my first Edgin bend was I guess 545 and a Magnificent was calibrated higher. But, and as you know, a 7" inch bar calibrated at lets say 500 is harder than a 6" bar calibrated 510. What I am saying is yes I do believe him same reasons as you. But for my standards, and the way it should be for history, he should've have a credible witness or a video. We all know Kim Wood story with "my word is my bond". Here is the original Gold Nail from the IM forum. So let's say he really did bend it (and I believe he did), he is the first man to bend a gold on over few days attempt while Paul knight is the first to officially bend it under 5 minutes. Both in double pads.

EDIT: the original Gold too was harder than a big G8 and a FBBC 7" 5/16 Square and we all know how hard the square was at that time. That's why a video or a witness was good to have. Anyway whats done is done.

And of course bro I know its not you. It's just a loser who have no life. And LOL I don't know why me? I mean I am the farthest gripster from any other gripster around the world. This show how lifeless and a coward he or they really is. Well I am enjoying life to the fullest and he is not ;) 

Edited by Alawadhi

5 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Again sir, 100% with you. I really do believe him he bent a Gold (and in his own words took him few attempts in different days to fully bend it, unlike Paul Knight did it in like what 90 seconds?). What I am saying this, for my standards, and history, to make a thing without a doubt, in this digital world, a video or a credible witness is needed, for my standards. That's all. Yes a gold nail can't calibrate higher, true. But my first Edgin bend was I guess 545 and a Magnificent was calibrated higher. But, and as you know, a 7" inch bar calibrated at lets say 500 is harder than a 6" bar calibrated 510. What I am saying is yes I do believe him same reasons as you. But for my standards, and the way it should be for history, he should've have a credible witness or a video. We all know Kim Wood story with "my word is my bond". Here is the original Gold Nail from the IM forum. So let's say he really did bend it (and I believe he did), he is the first man to bend a gold on over few days attempt while Paul knight is the first to officially bend it under 5 minutes. Both in double pads.

EDIT: the original Gold too was harder than a big G8 and a FBBC 7" 5/16 Square and we all know how hard the square was at that time. That's why a video or a witness was good to have. Anyway whats done is done.

And of course bro I know its not you. It's just a loser who have no life. And LOL I don't know why me? I mean I am the farthest gripster from any other gripster around the world. This show how lifeless and a coward he or they really is. Well I am enjoying life to the fullest and he is not ;) 

Okay fair enough. But I’m not totally interested in asterisks for time. If that’s the case, I’m #1 on the double wraps list for bending a gold in 1:07. And the 2nd fastest (behind Alex) ever in any wraps. Edit: this may or may not still be true, since I was out of the loop a while, and don’t know who or if anyone has done a gold faster than 1:07 other than Alex! I’d rather just list the guys in order of complete bends tho. And Imo, The ones that deserve standing out from the pack via recognition are Juja and Alex for being the only 2 to do it in single imps. Juha took it up ten notches with being the first to not only bend it in single wraps, but in IMP’s! And Alex took it up ANOTHER ten notches by smoking it in single imps in well under a minute.

and Bader, I got pretty disrespectful above. And I do apologize for that!

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Okay fair enough. But I’m not totally interested in asterisks for time. If that’s the case, I’m #1 on the double wraps list for bending a gold in 1:07. And the 2nd fastest (behind Alex) ever in any wraps. I’d rather just list the guys in order of complete bends tho. And Imo, The ones that deserve standing out from the pack via recognition are Juja and Alex for being the only 2 to do it in single imps. Juha took it up ten notches with being the first to not only bend it in single wraps, but in IMP’s! And Alex took it up ANOTHER ten notches by smoking it in single imps in well under a minute.

and Bader, I got pretty disrespectful above. And I do apologize for that!

Yeah and that's a big accomplishment to be the fastest. Huge congrats. But I also remember if memory serves me right, you did some incredible big damages to big steel in IM pads. You are one of the candidates to do a gold nail cert if you want it. But I know your goal is a 400 pounds bench. Btw, since you do both (if you do both), does benching and bending help or impede progress?

And no brother no need to apologize at all. We are all brothers here and of course we sometime differ in opinion and argue in a kind manner. We can always agree to disagree too. And I do apologize if I somehow came out rude too. Peace buddy!

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Yeah and that's a big accomplishment to be the fastest. Huge congrats. But I also remember if memory serves me right, you did some incredible big damages to big steel in IM pads. You are one of the candidates to do a gold nail cert if you want it. But I know your goal is a 400 pounds bench. Btw, since you do both (if you do both), does benching and bending help or impede progress?

And no brother no need to apologize at all. We are all brothers here and of course we sometime differ in opinion and argue in a kind manner. We can always agree to disagree too. And I do apologize if I somehow came out rude too. Peace buddy!

You had me worried for a second, but admittedly, I’ve always been quick to jump.. my fault!

and thank you for the kind words Bader. Yes I have 2 strength goals now. The bench goal still and now the gold nail. Benching and DO pair well as long as I do them on the same day, bending first. Otherwise my chest stays too tight all the time and I never really get rested. Eric and I were actually talking about this exactly earlier. We both agreed that I should be careful with the bending until my bench meet is over. Then maybe try a more intelligent approach that will allow me to do both at a heavy and consistent level.

if I do bend on non bench days, it needs to be stuff that works hand conditioning more than chest/shoulders. Basically, imp bending only and no thick double wraps. the thick doubles allow heavier loads on the chest. And it could spell disaster if I’m not careful.

• Like 1

You two need to make up. Maybe play spoons or cross streams, or both? 

When I was bending my bench was it's best ever. Don't think it was a coincidence.  The bending helped my bench.

21 hours ago, king crusher said:

You two need to make up. Maybe play spoons or cross streams, or both? 

When I was bending my bench was it's best ever. Don't think it was a coincidence.  The bending helped my bench.

Bader still my homie. when it comes to crossing streams territory, I’d rather go for distance! I can piss 8 feet if I cheat with a bit of a Valsalva maneuver. 😁

But yes the DO bending can improve the 1RM a bit on the bench if your in the 200s. To see improvements on bench for guys that bench over 300, your gonna need to bend some hefty steel for it to give you any bench gains. strong benchers coming into bending make for good DO benders as well. Strong benchers also make setting a gripper easier.

and an FYI for those curious. at the time I was bending the big G8’s my bench was roughly only 300. And I did NO benching during my last bending run. Only ego attempts ever so often. So if you guys are maybe looking for reference as to strength up top, I would say if you can bench 300, then you can bend big G8’s. Just have to toughen up the hands, wrists, and fingers a bit so everything comes together for that bend.

im calling 300 a safe number not only because I did it, but also because I don’t know of anyone with a lesser bench that has bent big G8’s. Not saying it couldn’t happen.. just haven’t seen it yet. 

Further reference, PK could rep 315 pretty decent, and to my knowledge never bent a 7” big G8 in any wraps. So it’s not gonna be a rite of passage to bend a big G8 because you’re bench is 300+.  I’m pretty sure JT was bending big G8’s, and wouldn’t bet against him having a 300+ bench at the time. EJ had a near 405 bench during his run. I’ve heard it mentioned that Aaron was a 500lb bencher a few years before his bending run. Which would certainly explain being able to crush the SS squares he did!

just some random numbers for you guys on the hunt. Don’t know if it will help, but there it is.

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Bader still my homie. when it comes to crossing streams territory, I’d rather go for distance! I can piss 8 feet if I cheat with a bit of a Valsalva maneuver. 😁

But yes the DO bending can improve the 1RM a bit on the bench if your in the 200s. To see improvements on bench for guys that bench over 300, your gonna need to bend some hefty steel for it to give you any bench gains. strong benchers coming into bending make for good DO benders as well. Strong benchers also make setting a gripper easier.

and an FYI for those curious. at the time I was bending the big G8’s my bench was roughly only 300. And I did NO benching during my last bending run. Only ego attempts ever so often. So if you guys are maybe looking for reference as to strength up top, I would say if you can bench 300, then you can bend big G8’s. Just have to toughen up the hands, wrists, and fingers a bit so everything comes together for that bend.

im calling 300 a safe number not only because I did it, but also because I don’t know of anyone with a lesser bench that has bent big G8’s. Not saying it couldn’t happen.. just haven’t seen it yet. 

Further reference, PK could rep 315 pretty decent, and to my knowledge never bent a 7” big G8 in any wraps. So it’s not gonna be a rite of passage to bend a big G8 because you’re bench is 300+.  I’m pretty sure JT was bending big G8’s, and wouldn’t bet against him having a 300+ bench at the time. EJ had a near 405 bench during his run. I’ve heard it mentioned that Aaron was a 500lb bencher a few years before his bending run. Which would certainly explain being able to crush the SS squares he did!

just some random numbers for you guys on the hunt. Don’t know if it will help, but there it is.

For me I was hitting 315 for doubles around the time i started bending and was hitting that for 3 by the time I stopped bending. So it have a little bump but I noticed it more in just having a bit more "pop" in the reps.

Even then I was only able to kink a hard Edgin EJ sent me in imps. It was more my technique that kept me from finishing it. I still have that edgin, someday maybe.

• Like 2