• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrLobsterHands

• Cannon

• jchapman

• Fist of Fury

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck on your journey. I have a few suggestions if you really want to complete this goal: 1. I would practice specifically parallel set once you have other grippers and work on perfecting the

Dude, I’m rooting for you. I agree with Vinnie that I don’t want you to get discouraged if it takes longer.  I have always been among the smallest (thinnest) guys hanging around.  I’m about 160 soakin

- DrLobsterhands

Posted Images

Cannon

I've been watching with interest.  Ima just say it... you need to be on the #2 right now to meet your timeline.  Have you popped that sucker open yet and given it a ride? 

• Like 1
On 9/29/2018 at 1:05 PM, DrLobsterHands said:

Is there a video regarded as the best instruction for setting a gripper that you guys can recommend?

Right now I'm just setting based on how I worked it out myself, but it's probably nowhere near optimal

Fast forward to where Jedd shows Juji how to set the gripper. Like you mentioned, a little tough without flesh pads on your hand, but still good to know the right technique from the getgo 

• Like 1
On 10/3/2018 at 5:16 PM, Cannon said:

I've been watching with interest.  Ima just say it... you need to be on the #2 right now to meet your timeline.  Have you popped that sucker open yet and given it a ride? 

I'm rooting for you dude, but I agree with Matt. I think you should try the #2 next workout. Even if its just one try, you should see where you stand. 

Fist of Fury

You can try the #2 in the beginning of your next workout. Only one attempt. Then do your regular training. It will not affect your recovery.

Hopefully

I would say there is value for you doing 1 close of your number 2 every or every other workout, you will find you'll close it easier every time. You'll prepare yourself for the pressure of the 2 this way. 

But I really like your plan, I think you are doing just the right thing. I saw huge gains using a similar method when I began training grippers earlier this year. Instead of just increasing volume though I filed my grippers too(after they became too easy). After training high volume for 4 - 5 days or so with my filed 1.5, I rested 2-3 days and attempted my #2 and absolutely destroyed it. Then I stopped doing this routine which I think was a mistake. I did a mini cycle of it recently and I saw huge gains again. 

I would say the jump from the 1 to the 2 is very big, so I think you would benefit greatly from a middle cycle using a filed 1 before stepping up. Remember, stepping up too fast will lead to a wall eventually, at least it did for me. 

Just some thoughts, I dont know though :)

Edited by Hopefully
Boulderbrew

36D6DFFF-86B4-4CD8-ABE1-040D6EF5812C.thumb.png.87b4c6ce68ec4a03719ad2900ae3fe44.pngyou didn’t “just about close it”, you got it! Congrats!

Cannon

Yeah that looks shut to me! 

Whoo boy.  Eye on the prize.  Plan your work and work your plan and all that. 

Are you doing other lifting?  Any wrist work?

climber511

Curious what your main lifts look like - squat - bench - dead lift etc?

Great job closing the #2

Very nice close- congrats!

I'm shocked that you didn't, for example, move to the #1.5 sooner rather than spend so much time on the #1 prior to jumping directly to the #2. What are your thoughts?

• Thanks 1
Fist of Fury

The #1.5 is probably the biggest waste of money for someone who is planning to go much further than that with their grip strength. They are so damn close to the #1. For that range a GHP4 is much better. Or a more safe buy I should say, some #1.5 can of course be in the 90's if you're lucky to find one.

15 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

The #1.5 is probably the biggest waste of money for someone who is planning to go much further than that with their grip strength. They are so damn close to the #1. For that range a GHP4 is much better. Or a more safe buy I should say, some #1.5 can of course be in the 90's if you're lucky to find one.

I agree.  I ended up filing my 1.5 to try to get it further from my 1

I love scalding water and massages with my other thumb, but I'm a pinch guy. I imagine this works for crush. You can also look into high dosages of Vitamin C or Animal Flex. I think Flex is a waste of money but have had results from Vit C in the past.

• Like 1