climber511

The Last Gripmas Carol

climber511

A big request.  There will be quite a few people bringing heavy equipment Saturday morning to unload - all the parking is out back at the gym - please leave a path big enough for people to drive up next to the door to unload.  I will have a dolly for things like the Inch Dumbbells etc so come inside and get it before carrying or rolling it across the parking lot.  You can park in the lot next door and at the building behind the gym also - just don't block any doors.  The gym is not all that big so please don't bring in any more stuff than you have to - it's going to be cramped no matter what we do.  

Other important information.  The Main Street bridge is being replaced so getting to my "house" is a different route than usual.  When you come into town on State Rt 93 - go one more exit south on the 4 lane - you will see Schrivers Pharmacy off to the left.  You will take a left off 93 and immediate right onto Industrial Drive (may be called South Buckeye on your GPS) - follow this around until it Ts (slow WAY down for the railroad tracks) and turn left - go until it Ts again and turn left again.  My house will be on the right.  GPS shouldn't have any trouble after you turn off 93 at Schrivers.  If you don't have my cell phone number please PM me for it.    

Getting to the Gym is easy.  Left off 93 at Main St - go past the filling station and the gym is on the left on the corner.  Dark gray or blackish brick building.  Turn left at the corner and come to the back.  GPS should bring you right to it.

• Thanks 2

climber511
8 hours ago, richcottrell said:

Nate Brous just called me, and told me he would be your slave labor for the "Night Before Gripmas".  

Someplace I have the weight capacity for my car, but I think i am good for 1500-2000lbs... how many miles from home is the gym?

Gym is about a mile from my house the way we have to go.

climber511
On 12/3/2018 at 12:16 AM, richcottrell said:

Nate Brous just called me, and told me he would be your slave labor for the "Night Before Gripmas".  

Someplace I have the weight capacity for my car, but I think i am good for 1500-2000lbs... how many miles from home is the gym?

Gym is about a mile from my house the way we have to go.

For those helping move stuff maybe plan to be at my house around 6:30 or so.

Andrew P

Is someone Bringing a "Standard" 172# inch bell? or Should I grab a couple of those too? 

Also I'm bringing down the F350 with only about 3000# of gear so I can help Friday move things over to the gym if needed. 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

climber511
47 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Is someone Bringing a "Standard" 172# inch bell? or Should I grab a couple of those too? 

Also I'm bringing down the F350 with only about 3000# of gear so I can help Friday move things over to the gym if needed. 

I have Nate's 172# Inch already here and I "think" Jedd is bringing his so you'll be safe leaving yours at home.  Only 3000# worth huh?  Meet us at the Underground Athletics Gym around 7 PM and we''ll move everything in and get set up.  Should be plenty of bodies there to help carry stuff in.

• Like 1

acorn

I'm heading out in the morning. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Zanesville. See ya'll soon.

- Aaron 

• Like 2

climber511
10 hours ago, acorn said:

I'm heading out in the morning. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Zanesville. See ya'll soon.

- Aaron 

If you get bored Thursday evening - come on down - I'll be at the climbing wall from 5:30 to 8 - might be fun for you to watch the kids and visit a little - call me and I'll give you directions.

acorn
11 hours ago, climber511 said:

If you get bored Thursday evening - come on down - I'll be at the climbing wall from 5:30 to 8 - might be fun for you to watch the kids and visit a little - call me and I'll give you directions.

Just made it to the hotel in Zanesville.  I'm beat from the travel. Going to grab some food close by and call it a night I think. Thanks for the offer. See you tomorrow. 

• Like 1

DAVE101
On 12/5/2018 at 10:07 PM, acorn said:

Staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Zanesville. See ya'll soon

Aw, that's too bad man. Quality Inn across the street has a hot tub if you want walk over and get raisin fingers for Saturday. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anton.Torrella
11 hours ago, DAVE101 said:

Aw, that's too bad man. Quality Inn across the street has a hot tub if you want walk over and get raisin fingers for Saturday. 😎

I pre-raisin my fingers for grip comps regardless of hot tubs - can't count on surroundings, must be prepared

• Like 1

acorn
12 hours ago, DAVE101 said:

There is a hot tub here too. Planning on a hot bath tonight 

climber511

I forgot to tell everyone - all cell phones don't work in Crooksville.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Leonard_Washington

So is weigh-in/breakfast at Chris's house and then we travel to the contest site?

climber511
1 hour ago, Leonard_Washington said:

So is weigh-in/breakfast at Chris's house and then we travel to the contest site?

No No No - Breakfast is being brought to the gym where the contest is being held.  Eggs - home fries - sausage - bacon - sausage gravy and toast.  Weigh in starts at 8 at the venue - breakfast maybe 8:15 - runs until 9:15 .  Supper is pizza - wings - breadsticks - also brought in to the gym.  No booze this year.  Everyone just come to the gym.

Edited by climber511
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

climber511

When (if) I find what's left of my body (not much) I'll try and write up a proper Thank You for the wonderful day I had today!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

wobbler

Good times, as far as I know we all survived. But the night is young...

• Like 2

Jedd Johnson

Quite a day full of awesomeness.  You missed a spectacle if you didn't come to Gripmas 2018.  Thank you to everyone involved in making it a success!   There are too many to mention.

• Like 7

KapMan
55 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Quite a day full of awesomeness.  You missed a spectacle if you didn't come to Gripmas 2018.  Thank you to everyone involved in making it a success!   There are too many to mention.

Rub it in more why dont ya😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

acorn
2 hours ago, KapMan said:

Rub it in more why dont ya😞

Truly a spectacle.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Vinnie

Is there a results thread?  And I'm not rushing anyone if it isn't done yet, just wondering if I am looking in the right place.

• Like 1

JasonD

I’m thankful I got to be a part of it. It was quite an experience!

• Like 3

KapMan
11 minutes ago, acorn said:

Truly a spectacle.

I lack the flexibility to pull the flask out of my back.😭

Tom Flesher
28 minutes ago, acorn said:

Truly a spectacle.

There will never be another like it!

• Like 2

acorn
37 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Is there a results thread?  And I'm not rushing anyone if it isn't done yet, just wondering if I am looking in the right place.

It's not done yet.

• Like 1

Andrew P

I can post it after work. 

• Like 3