Jump to content

impgrips training log


Recommended Posts

ImpGrip

so was sick this week and couldnt do my normal strongman training so i busted out the grip stuff ... gonna try and get in a grip cycle of training here 

rolling thunder did 5X5 90 lbs

IM HUB got 45 lbs for a pr  not bad fo rnot doing that for a while  

 

just some blob work 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ImpGrip

soo i ended up buying a nice haul of grip stuff this weekend   considering iv just had a rolling thunder and im hub cocs and some blobs for years. i havent really made any progress on these and i feel like my rolling thunder is the worst lift for me due to smaller hands  and i thought just using blobs would suffice as pinch 

 

ended up grabbing  little big horn  dex balls  the silver bullet some bull horns  stirrup and  the flask  going to start a serious grip endeavor here to supplement my strongman training 

Link to post
Share on other sites
wobbler

Cool, what size blobs? And start slow with the stirrup especially if you've never climbed or anything and aren't used to that finger position.

Also what's your age, height, weight, hand size first crease in wrist to middle fingertip? It's always good to see where people are at, you can find someone similar to you and keep an eye on their log for motivation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ImpGrip

haha thats alot of questions i think hand size was like 5.75 -6 inch not sure the blobs i have  i think are  half of a 50 db 75 and i wanna say 85 or 90 fathead one.

 

Why slow on the stirrup?? will it tear skin? iv done some rock climbing  not sure how shallow it is but i think il actually be good at that grip as my deads always end up that way lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ImpGrip

so the ironmind shipment came in didnt realize how heavy the little big horn is    i sure hope this grip is dependent on chalk because im ashamed of struggling to pick up the 45 lb plate with it on the loading pin with no chalk looks like i have plenty of room to go from here 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Squeezus
On 6/1/2017 at 2:52 AM, ImpGrip said:

haha thats alot of questions i think hand size was like 5.75 -6 inch not sure the blobs i have  i think are  half of a 50 db 75 and i wanna say 85 or 90 fathead one.

 

Why slow on the stirrup?? will it tear skin? iv done some rock climbing  not sure how shallow it is but i think il actually be good at that grip as my deads always end up that way lol 

You want to take it slow on the stirrup because even an open hand crimp can put a lot of stress on the A2 pulley and doing max effort work can produce tears, as with any type of rim lift. You'll get the best use out of doing moderate timed holds with it.

11 hours ago, ImpGrip said:

so the ironmind shipment came in didnt realize how heavy the little big horn is    i sure hope this grip is dependent on chalk because im ashamed of struggling to pick up the 45 lb plate with it on the loading pin with no chalk looks like i have plenty of room to go from here 

The LBH is very slippery without chalk and is a very friction dependent. You should wipe it down with some alcohol to get any oils off it, then spend a little time rubbing chalk into it really good so you have a decent starting surface to work with.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
ImpGrip
8 hours ago, Squeezus said:

You want to take it slow on the stirrup because even an open hand crimp can put a lot of stress on the A2 pulley and doing max effort work can produce tears, as with any type of rim lift. You'll get the best use out of doing moderate timed holds with it.

The LBH is very slippery without chalk and is a very friction dependent. You should wipe it down with some alcohol to get any oils off it, then spend a little time rubbing chalk into it really good so you have a decent starting surface to work with.

Thanks man will do for the stirrup  i was thinking even using that to do like finger curls would work well?

alright thats good to here because that thing was crazy slippery il do next session with it chalked up 

 

also looking forward to using the flask im hoping my pinch grip is somewhat of a redeeming factor in grip here as iv always been super close to pinching 2 45 pound plates together but never actually worked on it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Squeezus
46 minutes ago, ImpGrip said:

Thanks man will do for the stirrup  i was thinking even using that to do like finger curls would work well?

alright thats good to here because that thing was crazy slippery il do next session with it chalked up 

 

also looking forward to using the flask im hoping my pinch grip is somewhat of a redeeming factor in grip here as iv always been super close to pinching 2 45 pound plates together but never actually worked on it 

Yeah, finger curls would be a great way to strengthen the fingertips without overstressing the connective tissues. If you can almost pinch two 45's then you have a pretty damn strong pinch.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ImpGrip

so back to strongman training so grip is an after training thing 

Flask and stirrup came in today the flask is awesome  should have gotten this along time ago  also feel like i could go pretty heavy on the sitrrup as well just kept it light though with both 

did some triples with little big horn around 85 

10X3 with double hand on the flask at the same just to get used to it liked it alot 

 

also im surprised at how hard the silver bullet is i always thought it would be easier then closing grippers but i cant get that thing to stay in between the grippers for long and i havent even added 5 lbs to it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

got one some grip work today  

 

hit 41 lbs on mammoth coin and that felt pretty easy next time il go for 45-50 lbs on that

 

little big horn just did triples at 100 lbs 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
ImpGrip

i guess i can update this with my other traning

hit a circa max boxsquat of 665 today as well a dead stop good morning of 245 plus 250 chain weight  good times

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.