anwnate

South Jersey 4 (Saturday, July 15th)

219 posts in this topic

Just now, anwnate said:

There will be hours of feats and general chilling post comp. People are welcome to make try, trade, sell whatever at that point also.

I'm down for that.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John McCarter said:

Are you pulling out of the contest?

Yeah I won't be attending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jared Goguen said:

Yeah I won't be attending.

Boooo! ūüė†

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jared Goguen said:

Yeah I won't be attending.

Double boooooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly an AW from Delaware wants to try a grip contest...name is Steve Nichols an md i able to lift the inch both hands first day touching it. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jared Goguen said:

Yeah I won't be attending.

Noooo!

I was looking forward to meeting you in person. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucasraymond said:

Possibly an AW from Delaware wants to try a grip contest...name is Steve Nichols an md i able to lift the inch both hands first day touching it. 

Wow!  That's mega strong.  Can you pass this info link on to him?  I'm sure just coming would be a great time, but since we have almost 10 weeks...gotta get a gripper in his hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Friday's SJ4 Update...9 weeks to go.

We lost two peeps from the west coast this week...momentarily bringing us back down to a paltry 48.  I can assure you this number will end up significantly higher.

I decided to do this week's update in pictures...:)

For my own amusement...I spent a good 20 minutes making a drawing illustrating my thoughts on losing people from the comp.

SJ4 ship.jpg

Something new for my gym...shamelessly stolen from Paul Knights Garage...an ode to AC/DC.

20170511_190534.jpg

30mm x 20mm setting blocks.  Hmmm...not nearly enough yet.

20170510_214955.jpg

A small 2' x 3' poster to hang in the hotel event room.  

20170511_191830.jpg

Finally...a Medley prize for the Big Dogs to fight for.  Donated by Mike Krahling.  16lbs empty...comes with enough min weight to take it over 30lbs.

shammer.jpg

 

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, anwnate said:

 

Friday's SJ4 Update...9 weeks to go.

We lost two peeps from the west coast this week...momentarily bringing us back down to a paltry 48.  I can assure you this number will end up significantly higher.

I decided to do this week's update in pictures...:)

For my own amusement...I spent a good 20 minutes making a drawing illustrating my thoughts on losing people from the comp.

SJ4 ship.jpg

Something new for my gym...shamelessly stolen from Paul Knights Garage...an ode to AC/DC.

20170511_190534.jpg

30mm x 20mm setting blocks.  Hmmm...not nearly enough yet.

20170510_214955.jpg

A small 2' x 3' poster to hang in the hotel event room.  

20170511_191830.jpg

Finally...a Medley prize for the Big Dogs to fight for.  Donated by Mike Krahling.  16lbs empty...comes with enough min weight to take it over 30lbs.

shammer.jpg

 

This is awesome

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P.S.  I was just contacted by James Retarides good friend and fellow Armwrestler Kenny Smith.  

He's coming...and competing at 93kg.  Apparently...first effort he pulled 120 on the WW with and without his thumb.  Back to 49 peeps. ;) 

Kenny Smith.jpg

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anwnate said:

P.S.  I was just contacted by James Retarides good friend and fellow Armwrestler Kenny Smith.  

He's coming...and competing at 93kg.  Apparently...first effort he pulled 120 on the WW with and without his thumb.  Back to 49 peeps. ;) 

Kenny Smith.jpg

Excuse me?!?!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's got the unofficial WR for the 3" monster crush handle as well. Thumbless I believe.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The picture of the names falling off the ship, LOL

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imma sea-can

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday's SJ4 Update...8 weeks to go!

Lots of cool stuff this week.

We had a number of new contestants committing to SJ4.  Arm wrestlers, a Gym owner and none other than the World Record Holder on the Dinnie Stones... @Bryan Hunsaker.

Kenny Smith, Kyle Flynn, Steve Nichols and Kenneth McDowell rounding out the surge in numbers.

We are now sitting on a historic NAGS number of 53 contestants...with a great number of fence sitters still to be heard from.  Currently we have 3 women, but I suspect that will rise a few by comp day.  Many of the weight classes are reaching impressive numbers.  Here's the current breakdown...weight classes 051917.jpg

Many thanks to our generous sponsor... @Jared Goguen with Mammoth Grip...for sending equipment and apparel as  prizes for contestants.  You rock!

20170518_153251.jpg

After the Medley and Bending...it will be time to relax for friends, feats and fun for the rest of the night.  Besides lifts of odd objects, anyone wanting to learn how to bend steel, tear phone books or a pack (or partial) deck of cards...will be able to do so...for there will be plenty of fodder to go after.

I put the word out to a neighborhood group and will soon be collecting used phone books and used decks of cards.  The post office is already saving catalogues for me.  They are the perfect size for beginners to learn with.  From what I gather, I should soon have a collection of over a hundred phone books and catalogues for tearing.  The basement is almost done and I'm hopeful we will be able to watch all the medleys together, rather than go in shifts.

Big thanks to all who have been helping me make this contest historic. :) 

20170517_231712.jpg20170517_231706.jpg

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 @Squeezus  I found this picture of you on Google Images.

gil meme.jpg

 

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, anwnate said:

 @Squeezus  I found this picture of you on Google Images.

gil meme.jpg

 

 

 

Now now...that's an old pic. These days, I'm more like:
DRUS04-28-10-2.jpg

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corrections...

Gus Bush should be 105kg,

Rob Mcmurren should be 120kg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday's SJ4 Update...7 weeks to go!

Time is flying by.

We have 2 new signups this week.  Both are first time gripsters…but with brutal grips. 

SJ4 welcomes,

Matt Kraenbring (120kg)who has simply worked out for years and…

Clint Moneymaker (120+kg)…a big  guy, with a  beard life, who lifts weights…and forks.

This brings SJ4 attendance to 55.  With people on the fence…and new gripsters, I have no doubt we will eclipse 60.  Where we will end up…who knows.

weight classes 051917.jpg

Thought I'd share my wife's first SJ4 shopping trip.  If you didn't know what 63lbs of Ribs look like…now you do.

20170522_203359.jpg

Additionally…@Josh Henze told me there was insufficient excitement for SJ4.  Since the gauntlet has been thrown…I have decided to share this… (Nuff said.)

sJ4team.jpg

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now