American Ninja Warrior

Evan Raftopoulos

Thanks guys.

Ledges 2, 3, 4, and majority of 6 are 3cm / 1.18" thick. The short 5th one and very beginning of 6 th one are double that. The first one I think is 4cm.

haven't practiced this in a while but felt easy for the most part. Usually I use momentum and let go with both hands at the 3rd transition part but I was able to make it with just reaching with one. I think I didn't have the grip strength to do that in the past and one guy told me before that it's not even possible. At the last transition I grab the bar behind so it's not a perfect clear. This is considered one of the most difficult obstacles of ninja warrior finals stage 3.

Nice shirt. Awesome training! That really looked easy for you. I think one of the problems with the course is that they stick this near the end when you're already gassed by 7 previous obstacles.

• Like 1

haven't practiced this in a while but felt easy for the most part. Usually I use momentum and let go with both hands at the 3rd transition part but I was able to make it with just reaching with one. I think I didn't have the grip strength to do that in the past and one guy told me before that it's not even possible. At the last transition I grab the bar behind so it's not a perfect clear. This is considered one of the most difficult obstacles of ninja warrior finals stage 3.

Nice shirt. Awesome training! That really looked easy for you. I think one of the problems with the course is that they stick this near the end when you're already gassed by 7 previous obstacles.

thanks Matt, you are right, things get a lot harder when you have to do obstacles back to back. So it's good to train like that as well. Stage 3 is also the same day as stage 2, so if you progress to stage 3 I don't think that you really get much time to rest, especailly since only a handful of guys make it to that point.

from today's comp, next local comp is in December and after that the trials for the tv show start in early March!

• Like 2

Nice Work - that looks like so much fun!!!!

• Like 1

Nice Work - that looks like so much fun!!!!

thanks Chris! Yes, it's fun indeed! you should try some of these if there's a ninja gym close to you! :)

Nothing is very close to me :).

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing is very close to me :).

bummer

for those interested: about 1 month left for the application deadline on Jan 17th. I'm finishing up my submission video today, I find it difficult to squeeze everything I wanna show/say in 3min vid!

• 2 months later...

Yori ( @Electron ) and I applied for ANW8, anyone else from here? They are currently making phone calls to invite athletes for the south east regional competition which will happen in Atlanta in three weeks. Here is the schedule. 

‪#‎AmericanNinjaWarrior‬ NEWS!
‪#‎ANW‬ Season 8 Schedule-(subject to change)
ATLANTA, GA 
3/18/16 Regional Qualifying
3/19/16 Regional Final 
LOS ANGELES, CA 
4/8/16 TENTATIVE Regional Qualifying
4/9/16 TENTATIVE Regional Final
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 
4/27/16 Regional Qualifying
4/28/16 Regional Final 
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 
5/13/16 Regional Qualifying
5/14/16 Regional Final 
PHILADELPHIA, PA 
5/26/16 Regional Qualifying
5/27/16 Regional Final 
FINALS – LAS VEGAS, NV 
Between 6/15/16 & 6/20/16

and here is a  cool ANW Season 8 hype vid :D

Edited by Evan Raftopoulos

• 8 months later...

Wow that's a pretty serious kid ninja warrior set up. My kid would so much want to have a go at that! :rock

Edited by Royz