Pinch Program

PeterSweden

Anyone got suggestions on a pinch program?

I've trained on my euro pinch twice since I got it from Mr Horne.

I've got a few ideas as to how Im going to train with it the next 10-15 weeks.

Anyone got some good tips or want to share what works for them?

Im thinking Im going to try to pinch twice a week.

Im not used to train stuff more than once a week so we'll see how I recover.

If twice works I will try three times a week later on.

I maxed out the first time I tried it and got 82,8kg on 54mm width. Tried 48mm first but it felt too narrow and the joints in my fingers started hurting.

When Im done with this program Im going to add another 6mm to the euro and do another 10 weeks.

Edited by NewGrippster

Im going to try this;

week one;

Monday;

3x6@70% of 1rm

Thursday;

3x1 holds@70% of 1rm

Week two;

Monday;

3x4@70% of 1rm + 2,5kg

Thursday;

3x1 70% of 1rm + 2,5kg + red resistancebands, one on each side.

Week Three;

Monday;

3x2@70% of 1rm + 5kg

Thursday;

3x1 holds@70% of 1rm + 5kg

Week 4 rest;

week 5 6 and 7 will be the same as week 1 2 and 3 but all weights will be 2,5kg heavier.

Then it will just keep gong for 12-16 weeks depending on how it feels.

Assistancework will be done on thursdays after pinching;

Writcurls with the euro @ 50% of 1rm or something 2-3 sets.

Sledge fingerwalk or pony clamp, alternating exercise every week.

Reverse wristroller 3 sets.

Pinch seem to ony affect the inside of the forearm and fingers so reverse wristroller can be trained without fatigueing the pinching or burning me out.

I've got an experimental 2HP program that I've so far had wild success with. If I achieve the results that I want at my next comp in a month, I'll make it public.

I could PM you later and give you a few ideas though.

• Like 1

Im always open to new ideas :)

I've tried a bunch of different things. I've had some results with most everything. the thing that seemed to work the best for me was maxing out on the 2hp and then doing thicker and thinner work as accessories. so, max out then blocks and thinner pinch. add in some dynamic work and you're good to go. block drop passes, around the worlds, plate hula, etc.

something I've been trying to do lately is bring up my extremely thin pinch. 3/8 inch. whenever that shows up in medleys i miss it even though guys I out pinch by 30# in the 2hp can get it. hopefully there's carry over.

• Like 1

Cool :) I will keep that in mind :)

Sorry, been a bit busy but have been asked by a few people about my training as of lately.

I'm gathering some thoughts together so will post back with an overview of what has worked for me.

• Like 1

I'm new to this, and not so organized as you. But I seem to be able to train pinch twice a week. I'm not any good, so if we see improvement in 4 or 5 months we'll know. I have been doing what Brent said, one day will be trying to max on the 2HP, the second day will be different stuff. Holds, one hand pinch, plate pinch, hand to hand toss. I am changing width to whatever feels good that day and trying to notice patterns. I haven't had any tears since my first week with it.

I'm new to this, and not so organized as you. But I seem to be able to train pinch twice a week. I'm not any good, so if we see improvement in 4 or 5 months we'll know. I have been doing what Brent said, one day will be trying to max on the 2HP, the second day will be different stuff. Holds, one hand pinch, plate pinch, hand to hand toss. I am changing width to whatever feels good that day and trying to notice patterns. I haven't had any tears since my first week with it.

Buy web protectors from David Horne!

I have a pair and they work like magic against tears!

Or, you can cut a working glove to ft your needs man!

• Like 1

I tried gloves for a while. Don't seem to really need them. Tears haven't been an issue, but I have pretty tough hands from steelbending.