Durrs Training Log

Durrs

Congratulations on the red bro! And in singles! Very strong :)

Thanks brother.

6/4/14-Pullups/Triceps

Wtd pullups-60# x 5 x 5

Bw pullups- 75 reps (multiple grips, multiple sets)

Chain tricep ext

superset w/

Mini band pushdowns- 10 sets

Hey just some quick questions about weighted chinup work... do you ever have pain in your biceps from them? What range of motion do you feel works best?

Thanks

Hey just some quick questions about weighted chinup work... do you ever have pain in your biceps from them? What range of motion do you feel works best?

Thanks

For me I do everything neutral grip. I have the monkeybar setup on my rack so I vary the width except when I go real heavy I bring it in close grip b/c I feel like I get the most power out of that. No pain in my bicep yet(knock on wood) but I've heard guys say switching from chinups or overhand pullups to neutral grip have gotten relief and been able to train better. Good luck with them bud I think they are one of the best exercises out there.

I've missed out on parts of this log.

I will follow it closer now tho, after reading it thru from start til end in one go just now :)

I see that you are getting that red nail now mate, are you bending in single IMP's or are you always using double wraps?

Are you bending DO?

I have 3 different sledgehammers that I train with when bending and those really help to develope the bending strength.

When I was at your level on the red nail I took 1-2 months off from bending and only did heavy bench, shoulders, upper back training + lots of sledgehammers and I came back killing that red nail like nothing!

It was crazy really. :)

A few weeks later I smashed it in single IMPs in 18 seconds.

Read that you'd put RT work last becuase it fatigued you grip and made grippers and other things not work well.

Im just like that too, I think most ppl are.

RT really kills the grip hard.

Edited by PeterSweden
  • Like 1

I've missed out on parts of this log.

I will follow it closer now tho, after reading it thru from start til end in one go just now :)

I see that you are getting that red nail now mate, are you bending in single IMP's or are you always using double wraps?

Are you bending DO?

I have 3 different sledgehammers that I train with when bending and those really help to develope the bending strength.

When I was at your level on the red nail I took 1-2 months off from bending and only did heavy bench, shoulders, upper back training + lots of sledgehammers and I came back killing that red nail like nothing!

It was crazy really. :)

A few weeks later I smashed it in single IMPs in 18 seconds.

Read that you'd put RT work last becuase it fatigued you grip and made grippers and other things not work well.

Im just like that too, I think most ppl are.

RT really kills the grip hard.

Hey bud thanks for reading my training log! I got my first Red Nail in singles IMP's this past sunday in about 2 minutes and then failed a second attempt 10 minutes later trying to get it on video lol. The weekend before I did a Red in doubles and I think it gave me confidence. I use double overhand is that what you use? I like that you deloaded after hitting your first Red and then came back and smashed it, I think that's what I'm going to do seeing as I've had pretty bad lifts since. As for the RT I started a modified deadlift program for it and put on 15 lbs over the last 9 weeks. Not as much as I wanted but I'll take it. I notice guys making big RT gains from doing inch DB work so I started using my fat gripz extreme on heavy(for me) DB's and I hope to see some carryover. A big goal of mine is the Red Nail cert so after I get it I'm going to go all out on the RT and grippers. Again thanks for reading and any criticism is greatly appreciated.

A big goal of mine is the Red Nail cert so after I get it I'm going to go all out on the RT and grippers. Again thanks for reading and any criticism is greatly appreciated.

What I found works best for me is to chase 1 or 2 goals at a time.

I dont train RT, grippers, bending and what not all at once.

I did at first, when starting out but progress was slow and recovery took forever.

Now I Only do RT and some hubwork.

WHen Im done with this Im going for grippers and some other pinch feat.

Since I started doing this I progress much better.

You might be different tho, I know other people who are.

Yes, I bent double overhand.

I have fat grips extreme but I dont like them.

They stretch my thumb too much and dont feel the same as RT. But thats just me ;) You might feel differently there aswell ;)

• Like 1

6/6/14- Deload

Contrast bath for arms up to elbows for 20 minutes

Rolled forearms and triceps for 10 minutes

Started Creatine loading today

I'm gonna try to put on 5 lbs this week and see if I can't smash a couple Reds next Thursday.

6/8/14-Deload workout

Big Set

GHR Situps x 10 x 5 sets

fgx DB Incline curls x 15-20r x 5 sets

monstermini then mini band pushdowns to burnout x 5 sets

Big Set 2

GHR Back raise pause reps x 10 x 5 sets

fgx DB preacer curls x 15-20r x 5 sets

Chain tricep ext x 20-30r x 5 sets

Gotta really good pump going today. Bodyweight is up about 6 lbs from being a fat kid and pounding water/creatine. I rolled up a Red Nail today and gave it a flex and could still feel soreness in my middle knuckle LH but RH felt good. I'm gonna do a contrast bath for arms again today and tomorrow after work, should be good by Wednesday.

Back from deload felt good today. Chest/NAIL PR

Wgtd dips- 85# x 3 x 7 sets

Nails-

Yellow x 1

Blue x 1

RED x 1 in singles in about 20 seconds

Red x 1 in doubles

Pre-wobbled Red x 1 in doubles

Fgx CGBP- 200# x 4 x 5 sets pause reps

Edited by Durrs
  • Like 3

6/12/14-Grip testing/Core

Grippers up to EJ's 120# gripper x 1..? if it closed it was really weak and I can't tell on video.

Rolling Thunder- 155# Lh, 130# RH

FatGripzExtreme DO DL- 210# x 1* Pr

Strap holds x coc 1.5 x 10# x 5 max sets

Fgx 85# db holds x 3 max sets

GHR situps x 100 reps

GHR back raise x 100 reps

Had to test everything out today and now I will program my next cycle based on these max's. Not sure what to do for grippers but I think I'll stick with strap holds. 10# Strap holds today were no joke!

Edited by Durrs
  • Like 1

Squat/Accessory

SSB atg- up to 205# x 3

Drop to 155# x 5 x 5

GHR- Bw x 5-10 r x 8 sets

Shrugs- 135# x 100 reps

Lat raise- 100 reps

• Like 1

Just have to say i love the 135x100 on the shrugs. I use to do that once a week and my traps blew up.

• Like 1

Just have to say i love the 135x100 on the shrugs. I use to do that once a week and my traps blew up.

Agreed, I think I'm gonna give these a shot for a while

• Like 1

6/17/14-Core/Gripper CCS/strapholdPR*

Grippers up to CCS 120# x F

CoC # 2 (109#) x 10# straphold x 23/13 seconds

GHP 4 (98#) x 10# straphold x 22/15

CoC # 1.5 x 10# straphold x 24/24

CoC #1 x 10# straphold x 29/24

Rolling Thunder x 80% amrap- LH x 125# x 9 reps, RH x 105# x 12 reps

GHR situps x 10 x 10 sets

GHR back raise x 10 x 10 sets

fgx 85# db holds + 20# of chain x 4 sets in between back raises 5-10 seconds

My bro is really bad w/ video camera but It wasn't a for sure close anyway. This IS my last attempt at a max out for a while. I'm going to keep pushing these strap holds for another couple months and then try again. Adjust from there.

6/18/14- Squat/Accessory

SSB atg- up to 215# x 4

drop to 160# x 5 x 5

superset w/

GHR hands behind neck 5 x 5

Seated DB shrugs w/wraps- 85# x 100 total reps

GHR burnout

6/19/14- Pullups/Triceps

Wtd Pullups- 65# x 5 x 5 sets

Bw pullups- 75 reps

Chain tricep ext x 10 sets

Mini band pushdowns x 10 sets

Training sucks after working all day.

6/21/14-Dips/Nail test cert 2

Wgtd dips up to 90# x 3 x 7 sets

Superset w/ Nails

Yellow x 1

Blue x 1

Red x 1 x 17 seconds no bands

Fgx Cgbp- 215# x 3 x 5sets

Felt good, got a time PR. I didn't start as strong as I wanted but once I got it started it felt good.

• Like 1

6/23/14-Grip/Triceps

Bw squats(deload) x 100 reps- good for warmups I might start doing these more.

Chain tricep ext x 20-30 reps x 10 sets

superset w/

Miniband pushdowns x 10-15 reps x 10 sets

Gripper work:

Supermaster (111#) x 10# strap hold x LH- 19pr*, 16

coc #2 (109#) x 10# straphold x RH- 21pr*, 11

ghp 4 (98#) x 10# straphold x L/R- 18/11

coc #1.5 x 10# straphold x L/R- 26/24

coc #1 x 10# straphold x L/R- 31/27pr*

ghp 4 block set max reps x L/R- 7/5

The SM strap hold was a PR just cause I had never done it with that high a gripper before. I'm kind of semi deloading this week just because of work hours and I tweaked my lower right back a little bit but I think I'll be back on track in a couple days. My squats were coming along nicely too.

6/24/14- Weighted pullups

Wtd pullups 69.5# x 5 x 5

Bw pullups (242#) x 75 reps

Fgx Db curls- burnouts x 5 sets

After watching myself do these for the first time I realize my form isn't textbook but I'm definitely putting in work and getting stronger so I'm gonna keep at it.

• Like 1

6/27/14-RED CERT

Had a great time today traveling to a fellow bending brothers house to do this cert.

Warmed up w/ BW squats

Bw dips

Yellow Nail x 1

Blue Nail x 1

RED CERT X 1

Awesome day. Dan Pace gave me a 3/8" inch HRS bar that I'm going to try and a couple 7" CRS bars that are about 40# heavier than a Red Nail that I'll get into next week. Feels good to get this cert under my belt.

Edited by Durrs
  • Like 2

!!!!!!!!!!

Congratz!!!!!!!

• Like 1