Sorente's Training Log

Sorente

Hello to all,

I have been readin this Borad for about three weeks with no post, I was acctualy waiting for my IrondMind order to arrive :) I took about three weeks (I am in Belgium) and they arriverd this morning.

So I decided it was time to start my training log, as I can train from now on.

First let me introduce myself: I have been training bodybuilding for about four month, at home using a full body routine. I am 177cm tall and weight about 59 kilos (129 pounds if I am right).

For my hand training I intend to dony grippers reps and pinching farmer walks.

I did my first training today, and I'd like your advices on my grippers routine. What I do is (for bothe hands):

- 5 reps with the trainer (I cant close it, but I go as far as possible)

- 5 negatives reps with trainer (Im closing it with the help of the other hand, then I try to hold it like that, I can't keep it closed but I'm not far from it, then I realease it slowly.)

Do you think this is enough? not enought?

Thanks. :bow

Edited by Sorente

Welcome to the Gripboard, Sorente.

Your gripper routine looks pretty good. Be sure and really fight those negatives as close to the fully closed position as possible, for about 3 to 5 seconds. Once it starts to open up more than a couple millimeters, let it go. Tell us more about your pinching routine.

I have been readin this Borad for about three weeks with no post, I was acctualy waiting for my IrondMind order to arrive :) I took about three weeks (I am in Belgium) and they arriverd this morning.

That sucks my orders get here in three days :D

Order on sunday, here on wensday but i'm also here in California.

Anyway's welcome. :)

Welcome, Sorente. I'm curious if you can find an easier gripper at a gym or equipment store. It helps to work with a gripper you can close. I find strap holds to be extremely effective. Best Wishes!

Alan

For my pinching, I use one 11lbs plate in each hand and then I farmerwalk as long as I can I my house, but dont last long (maybe 20 seconds). That's all.

I did look in sport stores for some easiers grippers to train with (I wan suspecting that I could'nt close the T) but did not find any, even in climbing stores. The only thing I found was some paste that climber use to improve there grip, but this is not tough enough, I use it to warm up. I don't realy understand how strap holds works, does any of you have a picture?

Oh yes, three week of waiting is too much, but thats the fastest for us europeens I believe, it can be done in 8 weeks for less shipping fee, but 8 weeks damit, thats too much ;)

Try pinching two 2.5 kilo plates, with the smooth side facing out, in each hand. Simply stand up straight with them and hold for as long as possible.

The strapholds are performed by pinching the end of a smooth strap, attached to weight, with the ends of your gripper. You are basically using your gripper as a pair of tongs to pick up the strap with the attached weight.

Good luck with your training, and keep us posted with your progress.

Edited by eric milfeld

Here are some pictures. You can use any type or thickness of strap that you have available. I prefer the thin metal ruler because it is so thin it's almost like having the gripper closed, and because it's metal, I can't dig into it with the gripper handles. If you can find a strap thick enough to work with the trainer, that would be beneficial as well.

You might want to try some coin holds, also. These can work well.

Strapholds

Coin Hold

Another thought - some use pliers as a substitute for the grippers when doing strapholds. You might try those.

30/04:

5 reps on the trainer, not closed

5 reps upside-down whit the trainer, not closed

5 negatives reps on the trainer

around 35 secondes pinching with 2.5 kilos (one 2kg and one 0.5kg plate)

Hi Sorente,

35secs is way too much IMO. Use bigger plates. Like this no risk to fall asleep during your pinch workouts :D . You should be able to pinch two 10kgs plates soon if you train hard so don't waste too much time with the 2kgs ;)

Train Hard,

Amaury.

5 reps with trainer,

5 reps upside-down with trainer,

5 neg reps,

52 sec hold on two 11lbs plates pinching, one in each hand (!!!!)

5 wrist curls,

one lift of two 22lb plates (one in each hand).

Later on I did an attemps on the trainer and could close it, but not twice.

Edited by Sorente

Great progress, Sorente!

Today's morning training:

5 reps with trainer,

5 reps upside down with trainer,

5 neg reps with trainers,

plate pinching with 22lbs plates, hold em for 11 seconds,

then 10 wrist curls with 11lb plates.

I cant believe for the pinching, one week ago I simply couln't lift those :)

Thanks!

This mornin':

5 reps with trainer, closed it 3 times with right hand!

5 negatives with trainer,

plate pinching with 22lbs plates, 11 sec hold,

10 wrist curls with 11lbs plates.

I finaly close my trainer :)

It feels great crushing a gripper you couldn't do a a day ago huh? I know the feeling. Keep up the training and soon you'll starting your first warm up set on the #1....(think about it)

L.J.

When the two metal handle touched *tink* three times this morning, the feeling was fantastic.

Thanks for those advices and encouraging talks :)

5 reps with trainer, closed it 4 times with right hand

5 negatives with trainer on left hand,

5 negatives with the 1 (not closed),

plate pinching with 22lbs plates, two times 5 sec hold.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been away for one week to study, but took my grippers with me ofcourse, and I am happy with my progress. I can close the trainer with my right hand "at will" (didnt try to do as much reps as I can) and I am a milimeter away from closing it with my left hand. And guess what, Im now a milimeter from the #1 on the rigt hand, I cant believe it :)

Today's training:

-5 reps with the trainer, closed it each time with the right hand, and was realy close the first time with the left one.

-5 reps upside down, still cant close it, I feel like my hands are too small :)

-5 reps on the #1 with right hand, then 5 more with the trainer for left hand.

-5 negative reps on the #1 with both hands.

Then, some wrist roller action with 9lbs, but I feel like the forearms are training harder than wrist on that, but then I did some plate curls for 8 reps at 11lbs for each hand.

Finally some pinching, 6 seconds hold on the 22lbs plates, then 3 seconds. I feel like my pinching is better with my left hand, that's weird heh.

5 reps with trainer, closed it all the time with both hands :)

5 reps upside down, one time closed with the right hand

5 reps on the #1, cant close it

5 negatives with the #1

pinching on 12kg, left hand 5 sec the 7 sec, right hand 5 sec then 8 sec.

some wrist roller action with 6kg, then plate curl with 5 kilos for 8 reps on each hands.

ough!

• 3 weeks later...

5 reps with the T, closed each times with both hands,

5 reps upside down with the T, csed it each time with both hands

5 reps with the #1, im 5mm from it with left hand.

Then som pinching, 35lbs hold for 6 seconds with each hands, then a bit less on the second try.

After that, wome wrist roller with 11lbs to finish burning my forearms ;)