Your Personal Opinion

Sybersnott

Do You Think Kinney Closed The #4?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think Kinney Closed The #4?

• Yes, I think he did.
    • No, I don't think he did.
    • Sybersnott - You're making Wannagrip mad!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sybersnott

• Roark

• tmmicklabs

• Bill Piche

Joe never did reps...reps did nothing for his progress...he just used strictly negatives to get to the #3 and then used to grind the handles on the #3 and do workouts with negatives ONLY on his " secret weapon" grip machine...one of the amazing things about about Joe was his recovery ability and the volume that he would do in each workout ( he is part of another list " Captain Recovery "!!! ) :whacked

........it took Joe about 1 full year to being able to close the #3 and then about 10 months to go from the #3 to the# 4! ( Captain Recovery!!! ) :whacked

Wannagrip,

Do you have a vidio clip of Mr. Joe Kinney closing a #4 that you could put up on the board? I'm sure it would inspire all of us.

---------------------------

"Live long, stay strong" - C.F.B.

Wannagrip,

Do you have a vidio clip of Mr. Joe Kinney closing a #4 that you could put up on the board? I'm sure it would inspire all of us.

No. That would not be right. Regardless of the controversy about his 4 close, he is/was an inspiration to many. And, a pioneer in training that got many of us to start thinking outside the box of what is "normal" for training the grip.

Joe sells the video and if you do a search you can find the address. It's only 25 skins.

I think the proper certification for a #4 gripper would be to have someone who can close the #3 witness and test the #4 for modification. Both the #3 and #4 seem like bricks to normal people, and probably even some strength coaches out there who normally are chosen by Ironmind to witness the #3. It needs to be more than looking at the spring (or comparing it to a coin like Kinney does) they need to hold it in their hand and feel the awesome resistance that it presents, even to those who can close “just” close the #3. Personally, I think someone like Richard Sorin or John Brookfield should be on the short list of acceptable witnesses. This, of course, is Ironmind’s choice, but hey, they seem to be very in tune to what people are thinking in the grip world.

apdwler, he did not close the Silver Crush gripper in the video I saw. I don't think the Silver crush was being sold when Kinney bought his grippers, and I don't think there is a Silver crush #4 (although the Silver Crush #3's were very strong).

Wannagrip,

You're right on all counts. I'll do my own search and get it. Thanks for responding.

apdwler, he did not close the Silver Crush gripper in the video I saw. I don't think the Silver crush was being sold when Kinney bought his grippers, and I don't think there is a Silver crush #4 (although the Silver Crush #3's were very strong).

Sorry, I used the name in a generic sense. I guess they were know as silver crush. I still think of them as that...

Note: I also didn't mention anything about possible modification. Just that it was a gripper stamped 4.

Well if it took kinney a year to close a #3 ,then another 10 months to close the #4??then Dave(or others) are certainly off to a good start.Assume he sticks with the grippers for 22 months that Kinney did?Something to think about.Time will tell.

Well if it took kinney a year to close a #3 ,then another 10 months to close the #4??then Dave(or others) are certainly off to a good start.Assume he sticks with the grippers for 22 months that Kinney did?Something to think about.Time will tell.

Have you ever seen the Kinney #4 close?

Not yet.But i will.

I think a lot of progress can be made in 22 months when a guy starts out at a #3?I may be wrong...and people do lose interest sometimes.

I suppose you guys have seem freaks come and go....

If anyone knows?what were the length of kinneys hands?width?or did anyone get measurements.

Sir. Snott you sure do know how to stir the mud up. You are a legend in your own mind!!! I like that. You brighten my day with the odd talent you possess by starting something then watching the fur fly. A true stroke of genius. :bow

there is no question that other people are making fantastic progress with the #4...however, you have to factor in joe's bodyweight ( 170-175lbs. ) when managed to do something that NO one else had!

Not yet.But i will.

I thought so. If you saw it, you would not be making a statement like you did. :D

So what do he know about Joe Kinney so far.

7 3/4 inch hands.

170 lbs body weight

Closed a # 4

Can pop the top on a Coors Beer Can

age ???

what does he do for a living ?

why the hell does he not have a computer ??

he needs to be a member on the gripboard

I would even give Joe Kinney a computer if he would hang out with us.

Everyone please add all knowledge of Mr. Kinney to this post.

Here are some notes from my phone conversation with Joe a couple years ago:

Born 1957, declined to be more specific

Born in USA declined to be more specific

Said 50 individuals have witnessed him closing a #4 which he has not altered in any manner. 5'9" 180 lbs

He did not toss the Inch from hand to hand, but dropped it from one hand to the other.

Joe says the #2 should be given away in cereal boxes- it is that easy.

Says he has a friend who weighs 130 lbs but can pick up his 160 lb Inch because his friend has very long hands.

As to why he has no computer- there are many people who do not, and, in some cases, the budget demands are elsewhere.

Roark.

I will donate a computer to Joe Kinney if he is interested.

I would also like to see John Brookfield become an active member of this forum.

I suspect, because you are a newbie, that you are unaware of the political ramifications involved with Brookfield/Kinney and this board.

But hey, I could be wrong. :whacked

Yes. I am a newbie and am not aware of any political ramification.

Please advise.

Joe says the #2 should be given away in cereal boxes- it is that easy.

That's very encouraging to hear ! :cry:laugh

Btw... Anyone who is not able to bench press ( at least ) 400 pounds, shouldn't be allowed to train with weights... Because it's so easy that everyone should be able to do it... Tell that to Kinney ! J/K :whistel

Edited by 2strong

I have nothing to adivise; I just have a hunch that you will see Brookfield post here when Pamela Anderson goes shopping for an A cup bra.

Does Brookfield also need me to donate a computer to him ?

Bill Gates has plenty of computers but he does not post here.

Sometimes a lack of interest drives a person rather than a lack of equipment. Who knows.