Fire Walk With Me 2

Jedd Johnson

Training for the inch itself...and what were your axles numbers when u started to get after the inch? (Thickbar baseline)

Two months once I got the Inch. Not sure on acme numbers bro. This was2004, abd wasn't doing DO axle back then.

Damn...that's impressive..thanks for the reply.

Damn...that's impressive..thanks for the reply.

Having an Inch is HUGE. I can't put enough emphasis on it.

Just logging on for the first time and posting some videos.

Gripmas Medley

60-second Grip Rush with Block Weights

Tried this on a whim a couple weeks back. I meant to try 1 in each hand at Gripmas and totally forgot. ARRRGH!!

55lb Anvil Key Pinch No Fingers in Holes

I agree that an inch would be the best route but lil outta the "grip gym budget" at this point lol...i did however have a buddy of mine who's a machinist make me some 2.5" diameter pro style dumbell handles in which the weight plates bolt tight onto so you get the whole rotational effect...Thanks for the input and your medley run was awesome ...really knocked out some nasty lifts...also thanks for all the time and effort putting these vids up.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll give it a go next time we're together - looks like fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to say I broke the Gracie bell after Gripmas. I found this video on my phone the other day. Hopefully you can get it welded back together, Chris!

No big deal buddy - that wasn't the first time it had been dropped - no idea why it broke - just glad it didn't land on your foot. I took the handle in and had it cut down so that it will be 4" like the original Inch Dumbbell - something I've wanted to do for a long time now and this is a good time for it. I have several projects ready to weld up and will have this done at the same time. Also gonna have to go buy some steel and make up some Climber Curls it looks like. You got anything in your head to have made up - let me know.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We had a totally awesome session several Saturdays ago, before Christmas, as James Fuller and John Stepien came in to train. We logged nearly 4.5 hours of training. Lots of very cool stuff went down.

We started with Deadlifts, mostly Double Overhand stuff.

James showed this sort of "Deadlift Medley" he called a Round Robin

• Like 1

Luke managed a feat I did not expect for him to do, but he demolished it, a 62lb Anvil Curl:

I pulled off a combo feat I haven't done yet, a Double Clamp Lift with a 55lb and 62lb Anvil. The 55 actually scaled out at 54. No fingers in holes.

It took over an hour to finally get it, but I also hit a Double Key Pinch lift with both anvils.

James Fuller practices a lot of USAWA lifts and Oldtime Strongman lifts, including the Turkish Get-up, and he did the 127lb Slater Bell without too much trouble at all. I'm sure he could have gone up, and I think we'll see him do the Inch Dumbbell sometime soon, now that he owns one.

We tried the 100lb Plate Hub Key Pinch for the first time in a loooong time. Everyone was able to get it, but James. His thumbs were wiped out by this time, so we didn't pick on him too much...

We also did some work with the Slater Bell with some thick handled cleans. We didn't get all the efforts on film, but we got some serious work volume here. This knocked quite a bit off our top strength, right here.

Something I knew I wanted to try going into this session was a 4-Inch Dumbbell Medley, since James brought his Inch down from Maine.

Everyone went through this, but they assisted the Inch. Although not pure lifts, this was some serious work here.

The order was

1. My heavy slick handled Inch (really hard)

2. John Eaton's Inch - rough handle, but heavy

3. James Fuller's Inch - average

4. My Sorinex Inch - very easy Inch

• Like 1

That DL Medley - the Round Robin....that looks freaking hard! cool vids as always Jed. you have beast strength.

That DL Medley - the Round Robin....that looks freaking hard! cool vids as always Jed. you have beast strength.

Thanks brotherrrr

I wasn't planning on doing this at all, it just kind of happened...

I was working volume on the Pickaxe, since it's going to be in my comp on the 23rd, and I haven't touched it since World's Strongest Hands.

I set up roughly 10.25lbs on each of our Pickaxes, both the one I got from Ivan and the one that Luke made for him to use at his gym.

Then, I did a Grip Rush (60 seconds AMRAP) with each of them.

Once I was done, the Blob was sitting there (Net Gen), and I felt like I had some energy left, so I hit that for another Grip Rush of alternated Cleans.

Then I said, what the heck, and brought the Inch over and did a Grip Rush with that, trying to pull up to the height of the 30-inch Pickaxe Goal Post.

This was pretty demanding. My hamstrings were burning on the Blob Cleans, and my Quads were lit up after the Inch Lifts.

• Like 1

I was working volume on the Pickaxe, since it's going to be in my comp on the 23rd, and I haven't touched it since World's Strongest Hands.

I set up roughly 10.25lbs on each of our Pickaxes, both the one I got from Ivan and the one that Luke made for him to use at his gym.

Once I was done, the Blob was sitting there (Net Gen), and I felt like I had some energy left, so I hit that for another Grip Rush of alternated Cleans.

Then I said, what the heck, and brought the Inch over and did a Grip Rush with that, trying to pull up to the height of the 30-inch Pickaxe Goal Post.

This was pretty demanding. My hamstrings were burning on the Blob Cleans, and my Quads were lit up after the Inch Lifts.

It's a sign of pretty good grip strength when you can fry your legs doing grip work :).

• Like 1

It's a sign of pretty good grip strength when you can fry your legs doing grip work :).

These Grip Rushes are awesome for that.

Great effort man!! Good work!!

Something I knew I wanted to try going into this session was a 4-Inch Dumbbell Medley, since James brought his Inch down from Maine.

Everyone went through this, but they assisted the Inch. Although not pure lifts, this was some serious work here.

The order was

1. My heavy slick handled Inch (really hard)

2. John Eaton's Inch - rough handle, but heavy

3. James Fuller's Inch - average

4. My Sorinex Inch - very easy Inch

Great to see so many InchDBs in one place!!! Do You know each weight of the InchDBs? Especially John Eatons Inch would be interesting to know - or what You would count as a heavy InchDB!

Thanks, Burkhard.

I don't remember the weights off the top of my head. But it seems to me that John Eatons is 176 to 178, the slick handled one, which is most difficult to lift seems like 175. James Fuller's was like 170, and my easiest one is 168/169. It's been through hell and has a couple chips missing, other than that, it's exactly how I got it from Rick Walker over a decade ago. The handle is on the rougher side, so that helps big time.

• Like 1

Thanks, Burkhard.

I don't remember the weights off the top of my head. But it seems to me that John Eatons is 176 to 178, the slick handled one, which is most difficult to lift seems like 175. James Fuller's was like 170, and my easiest one is 168/169. It's been through hell and has a couple chips missing, other than that, it's exactly how I got it from Rick Walker over a decade ago. The handle is on the rougher side, so that helps big time.

Thanks a lot for Your reply! Really interesting to know that those InchDBs are different. My IM InchDB has a rough handle - a least compared to the ones from Nathan Holle which are totally slick!

• Like 1

The Epic grip workout looked like it was fun as hell...Crazy lifts going on too...Great vids.

• Like 1

The Epic grip workout looked like it was fun as hell...Crazy lifts going on too...Great vi

Yeah dude, awesome time. All the videos are here: http://www.dieselcrew.com/the-epic-grip-session

Thanks, Burkhard.

Thanks a lot for Your reply! Really interesting to know that those InchDBs are different. My IM InchDB has a rough handle - a least compared to the ones from Nathan Holle which are totally s

Handle surface plays a MUCH bigger role in the difficulty of an Inch Dumbbell than a few pounds. The slick handle makes it feel at least 15 to 20 pounds heavier.

• Like 1