Some from the last few days:

blob 25kg (gladiator), first little flights:

Inch 67kg and about 2.5kg extra:

Vulcan V2 level 18:

Wrist Developer WD2 level 14:

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Start of mm1 preparations (all RH, both hands trained but LH lags a tad)

Yesterday

GHP6 (not rated), 20mm blocksets 4x 5 reps

after 2nd and 3rd set, a neg with an 170 mm3 repl.

Today

GHP6 20mm blocksets 10x 5 reps

All good and pretty easily, after 8th set it got harder, 10th was a small battle.

• Like 1

Wow. What's your plan. I just switched to higher volume at around 85% of 1rm. Shooting for three days a week. I'd love to compare strategies.

• Like 1

Not very much of a plan, but thinking around the lines of building up volume first with a relatively easier gripper.

For adding difficulty Ill switch to heavier grippers, play with blockset widths (20mm, 30mm, GHPblock, CCS), number of reps and sets etc.

The timeline for the mm1 cert is unknown, so I have to up my game fast!

Most important is to get used to the TSG in general and the beefbuilders specifically, since I mostly train crushing strength with the vulcan. (currently best is a blockset at level 18 on the v2 with both a crom and a black spring)

Thanks for stopping by!

Wow. What's your plan. I just switched to higher volume at around 85% of 1rm. Shooting for three days a week. I'd love to compare strategies.

• Like 1

Sq

10x bar (20kg, not my regular scaffold axle, but a brand new high quality powerbar! )

10x 70kg

10x 100kg

5x 110kg

1x 120kg

20x 50kg

New bar feels great! Squatting literally became 20kg easier with this bar. Good stuff, wonder how DL's will go!

Grip

V2 black up to lvl 15 BH

GHP6 coinholds LH and MM1repl (156rgc) coinholds RH, shot for 5 sec, 5 singles both.

• Like 1

It's a very nice looking bar. The ends just look cool heh What's the biggest difference you feel?

It's very comfortable, no stress on the wrists, easy to hold on to, fits nicely on my upper back (has center knurl)

Squatting with an axle has to my knowledge no benefits whatsoever above squatting with a regular bar, it was just that I didn't have a regular bar..

It's a very nice looking bar. The ends just look cool heh What's the biggest difference you feel?

• Like 1

Ah. I understand. Using an axle makes for a very stiff bar om your back. I don't like that either. Well, good squats!

• Like 1

Grip
V2 black spring warm up
lvl 17 RH 2x1 mms, block 20mm x1
lvl 15 LH 3x1 mms

RH mm1 repl 5x1 mms
LH ghp6 5x1 wider than mms

Yesterday

Squats and bench

Grip:

V2 black warmup
RH mm1 and mm2 repl many mms sets (good to almost, and everything in between)
RH elite mms few attempts, few mils to go
LH GHP 6 and mm1 repl closes and attempts resp.
RH GE ext. handle, about 5 holds closest as possible, 5 sec or more
LH Elite ext. handle about 5 holds closest as possible, 5 sec or more
IM zenith #3, many tns's, left and right. Actually first time I put this gripper to good use!

Inch lift n hold righthand:

25kg gladiator blob lefty!

Did approx 10 full pull RH with the baby inch, and a few partials with LH
After that went for my heavier blob, no go RH, but surprised myself bigtime with my lefty!

• Like 3

Squats in the morning and beast powertwister in the evening for 20 sets of 3. Good sweat and musclesoreness in both.

I had not seen this thread before.

Wierd..

Following!

Thanks Peter!

I must admit that I became very sloppy in updating this log..

Shall make work of that!

I had not seen this thread before.
Wierd..
Following!

• Like 1

jan 15

After work
Be
30x5
37.5x5
45x3
47.5x5
55x5
62.5x5

Sq
52.5x5
65x5
77.5x3
85x5
97.5x5

jan 17

DL
55x5
70x5
82.5x3
90x5
105x5
117.5x5
All done as singles with minimal time in between

Tonight powertwister

jan 18

Yesterdays evening PT work didn't happen, maybe tonight then..

Afternoon
Bench
30x5
37.5x5
45x3
52.5x3
60x3
67.5x3 (x2, and 2 singles)

Thus, started week 2 of 531 cycles with bench, deads and squats. Very happy with it so far, because
1. I have a program to stick to and build upon
2. Because of 1, it creates mental rest.
3. As an ungoing background running basic strength program, it leaves plenty of opportunity to fit in the specific grip related exercises

Evening
Beast Powertwister 10mm
5x5
5x4
5x3
5x2 (done as: 3x2 and 1x4)
4x1 (as in 1, 2, 1, 0)
Total 74 DU closes

Nice to see that new approach. When I did this program I found that doing DL and bench would effect my grippertraining most (setting and crushing) so I put those in front of the week and do grip in the weekend.

I however found that doing all three lifts together with grip was a bit too much per week, specially when I got up and above 180kg DL that I needed much more recovery. That's why I do either DL of squat, but not those two at the same time.

I ditched bench because of a shouldernag and work secondary on my shoulders now with shoulderpress etc. Also found that Globegripz with pressing can put the hands in a more comfortable position. Learning all the time. That's the best,

starting off with a decent program and than making it match your body and how it suits your physique.

• Like 1

Nice to see that new approach. When I did this program I found that doing DL and bench would effect my grippertraining most (setting and crushing) so I put those in front of the week and do grip in the weekend.

I however found that doing all three lifts together with grip was a bit too much per week, specially when I got up and above 180kg DL that I needed much more recovery. That's why I do either DL of squat, but not those two at the same time.

I ditched bench because of a shouldernag and work secondary on my shoulders now with shoulderpress etc. Also found that Globegripz with pressing can put the hands in a more comfortable position. Learning all the time. That's the best,

starting off with a decent program and than making it match your body and how it suits your physique.

These three lifts feel good to me at the moment. Bench and squats were surprisingly easy till now, deads were surprisingly tough! Well, next week it might be the way around.

Today

Sq

72.5kg x5 (forgot to count the bar, hence this weight..)

72.5 x5

77.5 x3

90 x3

102.5 x3

117.5 x3

Felt like a warm up routine. Didn't notice I started 20kg above planned, felt like an empty bar. Paused squats at 90 and 102.5kg, powerfull rises at 117.5kg.

Amazing stuff.

Evening
DL, walk in the park session
55kg x5
70 x5
82.5 x3
97.5 x3
112.5 x3
125 x3

Ill start week 3 on saterday, see where I can put my maxes

jan 24th

Sq wk 3