Grip For Sports

Guest grip120psi

Guest grip120psi

hello everyone im new and this is my first post. I play racquetball and I would like to know what type of grip workouts I should try out to help with grip and control. I alreay have a very strong grip and forearm muscle but just want more things to try out.

Hey grip120psi, What's the 120psi for??? Sledge hammers work yer grip to a degree, & are great for yer wrist's,they would be good for any kind of swinging sport. Do you know any kind of excer. with a sledge hammer?If not just ask away, you'll get alot of help from the board :rock

Grip120psi,

First off welcome to the board.

I had/have weak wrists too, and i purchased the wrist reinforcer, from ironmind and it has totally helped my wrist strength it ways 7lbs. alone. I love this thing, If you are looking for something this could be it. kind of expensive. I haven't regreted it yet.

Guest grip120psi

I just put 120psi in my name for no reason at all :laugh anyways some worlouts I do is with a 50 lb dumbell and I hold it and rotate it in different motions which seems to help with hand and forearm muscles. I also tried things like that gyro ball. also holding weights palm down and lifting it to a 90 deg angle for as long as I can. Let me know some things I can try with a sledge hammer please :D

Welcome to the board,

Try grabbing a sledge hammer by the end farthest from the head and levering it up using the wrist only. Guys on this board do this as an exercise! I've yet to make it all the way down to the end of the hanle with a smaller hammerhead 6-8lbs not sure which. There's plenty more things you can do with a hammer but that will get you started.

Jon@han

Guest grip120psi

thanks for the hammer tips guys. the little 6-8lb hammer I have is good for reps but its still too light as Im already grasping the bottom of it the first time I tried it today. Ill go buy a larger one sometime. this is actually fun! nice change of excercise for me :D