Chez

Chez vs The MM8: Whatever it takes

Geralt

Hey Chez, not being too much around makes me miss things! Damn irritating injury! Hope recovery goes well after surgery! sorry to hear of this. 

Lennix
On 1/25/2019 at 8:07 PM, bdckr said:

Thanks.  Will be interested in knowing how it does with heavier weights..  Looking at the picture, I wonder if you'll run into the same problem that I'm having -- because of the splint, I can't do much (any) wrist flexion into the hook/bar.  Because the inside length of the hook (as opposed to the free end) is so short on my hook (like it is on the one you linked), the attached part pushes out my palm as the weight gets heavier, meaning the free end opens up.  Hope that description makes sense?

I'm considering buying a different style where the hook 's attached end is longer, so it will be more stable and note rotate open, but I hate the idea of spending more on something that (hopefully) is only necessary for a few weeks.

Swedish Strongman Fredrik Johansson lifted 300kg with a strap around his shoulder, perhaps it could be something for you guys?

There's more movies in his instragram on his setup.

• Like 1

Chez
22 hours ago, Geralt said:

Hey Chez, not being too much around makes me miss things! Damn irritating injury! Hope recovery goes well after surgery! sorry to hear of this. 

Thanks Geralt. Injuries are annoying. I came back stronger from the last one though so I’ll try to do the same this time. I’ll take it as an opportunity to rededciate myself and focus on my goals.

• Like 3

Chez

Amazing speeches by the Rock and Arnold. I always watch motivational stuff like this especially when times are tough like now:

• Like 1

Chez

Surgery went well. Now time to heal 

57B899BA-8283-45F4-9984-E6ADC3C00464.jpeg

• Like 11

EricMilfeld

I'm very glad to hear that!  Enjoy the power- lounging while you can; you'll be stronger than ever in no time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chez
19 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

I'm very glad to hear that!  Enjoy the power- lounging while you can; you'll be stronger than ever in no time.

Thanks Eric! I feel good today. Just a few tingles but no pain. Already thinking about when I’m going to the gym. I have always come back stronger from an injury and I hope to keep the streak alive 

• Like 3

Donc101

Good luck healing up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chez
20 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Good luck healing up.

Thanks Don! You’re a bending beast my friend, you have my word I’ll be back stronger than ever. Keep killing it Don. You inspire me. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

Donc101
1 hour ago, Chez said:

Thanks Don! You’re a bending beast my friend, you have my word I’ll be back stronger than ever. Keep killing it Don. You inspire me. 

Thanks Chez! I am confident you will come back stronger than ever. Have a good one.

• Thanks 1

Tom Flesher

I'm sure he'll hit MM3 off-hand while recovering. He's a fighter.

22 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Thanks Chez! I am confident you will come back stronger than ever. Have a good one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chez

Got to see what’s under the wraps today. I won’t be winning any hand Beauty contest:

5E445C58-954D-4CE4-810F-9B8E4E8B4598.jpeg

• Like 9

Tom Flesher

Well, there goes your career as a hand model. 

Joseph Sullivan
5 hours ago, Chez said:

Got to see what’s under the wraps today. I won’t be winning any hand Beauty contest:

5E445C58-954D-4CE4-810F-9B8E4E8B4598.jpeg

FRANKENHAND!!!   🧟‍♂️ 

acorn

You should have had them lengthen the finger while in there

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Shoggoth

Ouch!

Cannon

Is there a 2nd incision at your wrist?  Or just leftover nast

Chez
4 hours ago, Tom Flesher said:

Well, there goes your career as a hand model. 

4 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

FRANKENHAND!!!   🧟‍♂️ 

I made the exact same jokes when I saw it

• Like 1

Chez
4 hours ago, acorn said:

You should have had them lengthen the finger while in there

I wish. Would def help for thickbar and wide pinch

• Like 1

Chez
3 hours ago, Shoggoth said:

Ouch!

Good news it didn’t hurt when it happened and I had no pain after surgery. Just going to be a long recovery 

• Like 1

Chez
2 hours ago, Cannon said:

Is there a 2nd incision at your wrist?  Or just leftover nast

Ya, they went in there to get a tendon graft to fix the finger. I have another spot like that further down the forearm 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

Chez

I changed the name of the log because right now I’m focused on taking down the MM8. If I get it the 3.5 will follow. It’s going to be a long road back from injury but this isn’t my first Rodeo. I’m going to start training my left side this week with weights and logging the workouts. Time to start the journey and see what I’m made of. I have never been a quitter and I don’t plan on changing now.  

Whatever it takes......

Edited by Chez
  • Like 3

Shoggoth
15 minutes ago, Chez said:

Good news it didn’t hurt when it happened and I had no pain after surgery. Just going to be a long recovery 

Hope you heal quick dude. You’ve had too many folks chopping you up the past few years. 

• Like 1

Chez
6 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

Hope you heal quick dude. You’ve had too many folks chopping you up the past few years. 

Thanks bud. Ya, things haven’t gone according to plan. All I can do is learn from it and use it as fuel to come back stronger like last time 

• Like 2

Chez

First day back in the gym. The journey starts today. Typing this with just my left hand. Went to the doctor yesterday and he said everything looks good. wrote me a prescription for a new brace which holds the finger at 70 degrees. Had to go my occupational therapist after work today to have her maker it. i'll post a pic of it in the next post since I'm on my desktop and pic is on my phone. Went to the gym with my girl after dinner

Everything done with just the left side, not including the weights for now since I just want to focus on rehab and including weights may make me ego lift and  go too fast too soon. warm ups not included:

Seated Machine Bench Press

Sets of 10x, 8x, 6x, 4x, 4x, 10x, 10x, 10x 

Hammer Strength Plate Loaded Incline Press

sets of 10x, 8x, 6x, 5x, 10x, 10x, 10x

Pec Deck Machine

4 sets of 10x

Machine Triceps Extensions

4 sets of 10x

Machine Preacher Curls 

4 sets of 10x

Notes: Short workout to get back in the flow. felt great being back in the gym and logging again. People at work, occupational therapy, the gym and family are already doubting me and looking at me like I'm crazy. They are telling me I should quit and give up because of my age and injuries. I'm using it as fuel to come back better than ever. I love being the underdog and proving people wrong. Been that way all my life. Ran into my buddy who's a 60 year old natural powerlifter and who's won his weight class and age group for over 20 years. He gets it. The man is driven and has overcame numerous injuries. Hes been texting support and advice. Tonight he helped me load plates on the hammer strength machine and I spotted him on the incline Bench with one hand. I feel hes the only person I know who understands the mindset. Glad to have his friendship, advice and support.

Quote of the day: 

“It's always hard to deal with injuries mentally, but I like to think about it as a new beginning. I can't change what happened, so the focus needs to go toward healing and coming back stronger than before.”
- Carli Lloyd

• Like 2