Crushing Handshake

astrojetred

some guys just have naturally strong hands. even when you shake their hands, there is no give. mind are like soft hands. i can close a 2.5. did anyway. now its just the two i close. haven't been working on them.

I'd studied Kungfu , kickbxing and Taekwondo for few years. When I moved to USA I stopped it completely in 1981. I rather focus on fitness since then. About the mercy grip, what I did was once the engagement is on, I switch my movement laterally. And with the help of my thumb I create a great leverage power on my side. The pain is such that my opponent would never know what hits him. There is no way he would stop and look at his hand. All he knows would be his fingers is in the vice like leverage squeeze. The feel would be like anaconda constrtiction. The longer I hold on, the tighter it will be. His fingers become useless with no blood supply coming to them. BUT hey, I am peaceful right now :D

Please pm Arturo. He got my explanation in detail. I lost my text and it was long. He can forward to you if he still has it

Well, I've done something similar in the past, but you need to be stronger than the other person in finger strength, and have greater stamina, which isn't a problem for at least 90% of anyone on this board; who is training grip, that is. It is simple: Place a coin between your fingers with your hand flat, as if in "waving" position, palm facing down. Don't let it slip from your fingers and fall to the ground. This simple "crushing" movement you use to hold the coin is the same movement you use to crush their fingers. use you thumb as well to help push all your fingers together by putting an inward pressure on your pointer fingers second knuckle down from the top.

The only catch is, you are experiencing the same pressure they are. This is a true test of strength and stamina. The "Trick" is that their fingers are static, where yours are actively crushing together. Hold it as long as you can, in conjunction to whatever "type" of mercy they are playing, and don't give in to the crushing pain.

Try it on your own hand, and give it everything you got. This is a high strength move. I don't claim it to be a "trick" or "special move," it's just another way to be an ass****.

I haven't lost at a hand shake mercy, but only because I have NEVER given up first. It's all about stamina. Don't give up, if you can survive the pain.

And remember, pain is nothing, it's injury that is dangerous. It's not giving up, if your preserving your health.

My technic allows U to use ur thumb along with ur pinky and ring fingers put a tremendous pressure on his ring and pinky. In fact I beleive U can break the hand with bad intention. It's like if ur arm is in an armbar then ur wrist is also very open to be snapped. Because u can't flex ur wrist at all. BUt hey don't do it. :)

How is your wrist compromised in an armbar?

Once your arm is set deep in an arm bar, any flexion of your arm actually will promote breakage. A limp arm is harder to break the one that has elbow flexion. Sure you can try to fight by flexing your elbow before it's set deep, but if the force of the arm bar is greater than your flexion breakage will occur. (People who 's falling down who's relaxed has less chance to break their bone) At that moment your wrist can be manipulated easy by the same opponent if he choose to do so, since you cannot fight back while your elbow is about to break. Picture your arm is about to break in an arm bar and the opponent also try to supinate your wrist!!! That's double whammy!

If you don't believe me ask someone who know jujitsu to give you an arm bar, and see if you can do any thing with your wrist if it's set deep. But every opponent doesn't have to munimupalte your wrist to make you submitted, arm bar alone is good enought for that. I am just saying that your wrist is useless in an arm bar. Just as your wrist/fingers strength is useless if your pinky/ring fingers is about to break in mercy game

• 13 years later...
On 4/19/2009 at 9:54 PM, fightertrainer said:

LOL, you need not despair my friend. I 've met a guy with even smaller hand than mine, and yet his grip was unbelievably tight. It shook my foundation in disbelief. My tips is if your hand is small there 2 ways to prevent someone crushing your hand: 1- point all your fingers toward his wrist as close to his wrist as can be. When this happens your fingers are away from his fingers, so he can't squeeze effectively it even if he wants to. 2- I don't really train my grip like those grip fanatics here. BUt I do train my grip isometricly a lot using ivanko gripper. I train my ring finger and pinky to counter other fingers. Since then my handshake is much much better. If you think about it, the ring finger and pinky play a great deal in a strong handshake. The index and middle fingers normally rest on people palm. There you can't squueze the palm (unless your nick name is the Hammer man) that good, but the other fingers are near the guy fingers (ring and pinky) therefore they must be trained to counterattack. I enjoy the fact that, since then i can adjust the grip to match most people grip w/o being rude. I enjoy seeing the face reacts to my adjustment and smile while holding your own, and send a positive message across. YOu will be amazed to feel your ring and pinky match up real well against even large palm and hand and. If you look at my hand you would not think much about it. My fingers are small and isometric did not do any thing to enlarge it so far. But in my gym people think I have that killer hand shake. The knowledge is on my side. IMO, if Dennis Rogers 'd used this technic he wouldn't have dealt with the pain as said (jamming your hand real close to the guy thumb and stay away from his fingers and save the day). NO, grip the guy fingers (to attack) in the beginning sometime would not work against a world class level grip guy. Thought the leverage in on your side the guy can still curl his fingers and counterattack and kick your asrse. But this can be very negative and provoking. Just stay away from the middle of his hand if you're not sure

Very nice

I can only assume open hand crushing would translate the most into a devastating handshake, closed hand crushing would probably take a close second.

Screenshot_20230123-134111-298.png

I still feel hand size is #1 for who is going to win a "handshake crush showdown." I also still feel like crushing someone's hand in a handshake is a real bottom-feeder move. 👎

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I still feel hand size is #1 for who is going to win a "handshake crush showdown." I also still feel like crushing someone's hand in a handshake is a real bottom-feeder move. 👎

totally funny you say this. I'm not into trying to see whos stronger or hurting people, or seeing who has the better handshake. I saw my younger cousin last week i haven't seen in a few years. Told him about all the grip/bending stuff I do. He begged me to shake hands and see who has the better grip. Pretty evenly matched, hes about 5inches taller though so i'm sure his hands are bigger. But I also wasn't trying too hard because shaking hands should be nothing more than shaking hands.

Mercy on the other hand, man I owned him not even trying.

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

I couldn't agree with you more, unfortunately my handshake has gotten weaker since I started Grip and Armwrestling 🥴 I'm not sure how much pressure I'm applying anymore. My girlfriends mom said I had a weak handshake and it hurt my soul lol 

22 minutes ago, Kevin Gripz said:

I couldn't agree with you more, unfortunately my handshake has gotten weaker since I started Grip and Armwrestling 🥴 I'm not sure how much pressure I'm applying anymore. My girlfriends mom said I had a weak handshake and it hurt my soul lol 

Or you could just stop giving a f*ck about the irrelevant opinion of others. Problem solved.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Gripz said:

Ouch

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've never tried to actually squeeze someone's hand, that's not what a hand shake is about. Intentionally trying to hurt someone during that moment is lower than a sucker punch

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Or you could just stop giving a f*ck about the irrelevant opinion of others. Problem solved.

?

10 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

I've never tried to actually squeeze someone's hand, that's not what a hand shake is about. Intentionally trying to hurt someone during that moment is lower than a sucker punch

Totally agree, my brother's friend who is a dentist had his hand broken from a handshake. The guy who broke his hand did it intentionally, probably thought he was cool for doing it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kevin Gripz said:

?

You said that it "hurt your soul" when your girlfriend's mom called your handshake weak.

Why do you even care? Why do you care so much that you are going to waste your time trying to get a stronger handshake?

Just because your girlfriend's mom said you had a weak handshake?

Like I said just stop caring about the irrelevant opinion of others and move on with your life. 

Problem solved.

Edited by DevilErik

57 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

Totally agree, my brother's friend who is a dentist had his hand broken from a handshake. The guy who broke his hand did it intentionally, probably thought he was cool for doing it.

I'd like to see him try that on my dentist. He put himself through dental school working as a mason laborer... He's still one strong mother@#R#R# all these years later.

The exception is dbags.. Theres a plumber in my circles I absolutely hate.. If he was drowning id throw him a bottle of water. Anytime our paths cross.. I try and give him a good squeeze.

Hes not happy unless he MAKES $2500 a DAY. And he robs people with his prices, stolen stuff from a mutual friend... 

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, DevilErik said:

You said that it "hurt your soul" when your girlfriend's mom called your handshake weak.

Why do you even care? Why do you care so much that you are going to waste your time trying to get a stronger handshake?

Like I said just stop caring about the irrelevant opinion of others and move on with your life. 

Problem solved.

I think you misunderstood me, but thank you for caring so much.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Problem solved.

my handshake is already capable of extreme crushing power, I have a long and wide hand. I know I have extreme handshake power already that's why I have purposely been shaking hands much lighter than I did before grip sport. Why do you care so much when I make a joke about shaking a woman's hand? Do you think that actually bothered me? Why are you on here trying to flame me?

• Haha 1

Just now, Kevin Gripz said:

my handshake is already capable of extreme crushing power, I have a long and wide hand. I know I have extreme handshake power already that's why I have purposely been shaking hands much lighter than I did before grip sport. Why do you care so much when I make a joke about shaking a woman's hand? Do you think that actually bothered me? Why are you on here trying to flame me?

Ok Mr. Extreme Handshake Power I am not trying to flame you at all I don't believe you were joking and I don't understand why you are so butthurt.

I am going to stop replying now and leave you and your extreme handshake power alone.

I simply don't care about butthurt people like you.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Confused 1

Just now, DevilErik said:

Ok Mr. Extreme Handshake Power I am not trying to flame you at all I don't believe you were joking and I don't understand why you are so butthurt.

I am going to stop replying now and leave you and your extreme handshake power alone.

Why are you replying yet again with more negativity? Just don't even post anything if your going to be constantly negative from the first reply 

ive often wondered how much World of Grips "Handshake" device, translates to an actual handshake. I have one but haven't used it yet.

• Like 1