Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bullitt

Bullitt's Journal

Recommended Posts

Andrew Dube
4 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Actually it does for 2hp.  Your 2hp should be more than twice your 1hp because you can torque into it.  Look at everyone's 2hp numbers vs their 1hp.  Totally different than thick bar.

This is definitely true for me. I can pretty consistently hit 180 on the flask two handed but only 85/75 on a good day one handed. I feel like the ability to torque into the implement makes it less of a friction lift which is why my two handed lifts are more consistent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Climber028
14 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

This is definitely true for me. I can pretty consistently hit 180 on the flask two handed but only 85/75 on a good day one handed. I feel like the ability to torque into the implement makes it less of a friction lift which is why my two handed lifts are more consistent.

The counter torque increases the normal forces on each side of both hands, that's why most people can lift more than 2x their single hand. It's still the same coefficient of friction, it just simulates a higher clamping force in each hand. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucasraymond

I'm one of the strange people where my combined 1HP (116 RH, 103 LH) is barely less than my 2HP (227)....hoping I can get that to change here in the next few months. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Sunday Funday.  Finally some nice weather. 

2 3/8" NN Near miss with 370 and got 333 to height thumbless.

Then I went to work on the blobs.

Worked up to a few high pulls on the fatman.  Couldn't quite get it high enough to flip it over for a clean.  Got a 3 finger lift and got big air with 2 fingers.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Yesterday: worked up to 3 one second SB holds with 210 lb #4.  Then my crepe paper skin tore. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
19 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Yesterday: worked up to 3 one second SB holds with 210 lb #4.  Then my crepe paper skin tore. 

Wow

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Hands were pretty beat up from grippers yesterday but I got a new toy from @Lucasraymond so I had to give it a go.

60mm Cannon.  Hopefully, training with this will get me something decent on the Jug at NAGS.  

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lder
On 3/26/2019 at 5:54 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

Yesterday: worked up to 3 one second SB holds with 210 lb #4.  Then my crepe paper skin tore. 

Great hold!  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Hands were pretty beat up from grippers yesterday but I got a new toy from @Lucasraymond so I had to give it a go.

60mm Cannon.  Hopefully, training with this will get me something decent on the Jug at NAGS.  

 

I find zero Difference in the difficulty between the two and three eights inch and the 2.5 inch jug. Exactly the same, in fact I actually thought I did better with a 2.5 inch jug than the 2 3/8 inch canon

Edited by Joseph Sullivan
Voice command spelling
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
4 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I find zero Difference in the difficulty between the two and three eights inch and the 2.5 inch jug. Exactly the same, in fact I actually thought I did better with a 2.5 inch jug than the 2 3/8 inch canon

Cool.  Hopefully I won't embarrass myself at NAGS then.  Lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
25 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Cool.  Hopefully I won't embarrass myself at NAGS then.  Lol

Nope, 100% you won’t. I don’t know if I’m doing nationals this year. We shall see. But I can tell you, the 2.5 actually felt better to me than the 2 3/8. I got over 250 with it at KK... can’t remember the exact number 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Brutalized myself at Jason Otto's place Saturday.  Still hurting today.  Plus I'm missing a chit ton of skin.  So I just worked up to a couple easy sets of 5 with the AASS Cannon and called it a day.  

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld
On 3/26/2019 at 4:54 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

Yesterday: worked up to 3 one second SB holds with 210 lb #4.  Then my crepe paper skin tore. 

Strong crush, Mike!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
7 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Strong crush, Mike!

Thanks buddy! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

10262019

115, 200, 77, 235

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoggoth

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

2 3/8 NN: Worked up to 371

LBH: A good number

3" pinch up to 101 with left hand

The height marker is at 7" so I'm pretty sure the 371 would have hit the 6" crossbar. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

2 3/8 NN: Worked up to 371

LBH: A good number

3" pinch up to 101 with left hand

The height marker is at 7" so I'm pretty sure the 371 would have hit the 6" crossbar. 

 

Solid!!! You’re still on 🔥 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoggoth

a58.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Almost got these 45s with my weak hand.  Up to 100 with it on 3" pinch block.  Goal is 115 on flask lefty at KK so I keep right fresh for the other 3 events.  Hopefully don't have to pull out my right hand on the flask at all.  6 months to go.

These weigh 92 lbs and are slightly mismatched.  2.5" wide.  After 3" pinch.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

2 3/8 NN: 375 popped out of my left hand at the top

2HP Euro: worked up to 210. 220 was stapled.  I suck

2 3/8 Cannon: lil air with 243 but no dice. 

Shallow Dubhub: worked up to 60 and stopped to protect my skin.

Planning on taking few days to a couple weeks off.  Appears I have agravated the Slap tear in my left shoulder to go along with the one that always hurts on my right.  Was high pulling about 10 bags of groceries to the counter the other day and boom.  Ancient hockey injury rearing its ugly head. Sucks, because I'm not able to sleep much because now I can't lay on either side.  Plus I'm a little overtrained I think.  Just don't feel strong on anything.  Maybe a week or two of my favorite PEDS (McDs and Krispy Kreme) will help me heal and recover.  Hopefully everything will be in tip top shape for NAGS.  Plenty of time to get my mojo back.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kluv#0
5 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

2 3/8 NN: 375 popped out of my left hand at the top

2HP Euro: worked up to 210. 220 was stapled.  I suck

2 3/8 Cannon: lil air with 243 but no dice. 

Shallow Dubhub: worked up to 60 and stopped to protect my skin.

Planning on taking few days to a couple weeks off.  Appears I have agravated the Slap tear in my left shoulder to go along with the one that always hurts on my right.  Was high pulling about 10 bags of groceries to the counter the other day and boom.  Ancient hockey injury rearing its ugly head. Sucks, because I'm not able to sleep much because now I can't lay on either side.  Plus I'm a little overtrained I think.  Just don't feel strong on anything.  Maybe a week or two of my favorite PEDS (McDs and Krispy Kreme) will help me heal and recover.  Hopefully everything will be in tip top shape for NAGS.  Plenty of time to get my mojo back.

Strong workout Pinchmonster Mike! 375 NN 2 3/8” is large. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
5 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Strong workout Pinchmonster Mike! 375 NN 2 3/8” is large. 

Had I finished it...  lol

Close but no Lewinsky 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoggoth

Heal up dude

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.