1st Annual Woodall Grip Challenge 2009

Too Tall

Are spectators allowed? Love to come and see this one and if you need help loading the events or anything else let me know.

Yes, I would love to have you down. I am sure that there will be plenty to do to help...thanks a million :rock

If I can get off work that weekend I will come for sure and would help any way i can.

That would be cool...thanks

I hope to see Brian Shaw joining the field too!

No word from Dave Thornton? Clay Edgin?

Clay will be on vacation

and Dave said that it might be a possibility.

Edited by Too Tall

I hope to see Brian Shaw joining the field too!

I invited him. He seemed interested...but has to see what is going on with strongman first...which makes sense.

I'm leaving off confirming just yet.
Confirm, we'll get you there!
I've put in for a tax credit which might see me have some spare money for air fares and the the like.
Damn, Bitch, you are killing me! You haven't put in for Tax Credits yet??? PM me!

Nag nag. I HAVE put it in. It's present tense not future tense. I did so about 2-3 weeks ago and am still waiting for the nod. Do you know if they 'back pay' you? Because if they do ALL of 2007-2008 would be due. £2k+ I was told on the phone I can get £48.70+ a week. That's be great.

Anything that can be done to get me there would be awesome.

I should hear something back from Tex Henderson and Rich Williams today. Hopefully they will be game.

Can I be the official photographer for this event Chad?

Paul Knight, if you're driving to this event PM me please.

Mighty Joe

Can I be the official photographer for this event Chad?

Paul Knight, if you're driving to this event PM me please.

Mighty Joe

I'm pretty sure that I will fly Joe

Do you know if they 'back pay' you? Because if they do ALL of 2007-2008 would be due. £2k+ I was told on the phone I can get £48.70+ a week. That's be great.
Theoretically it's possible, in reality not likely.

Here is the list of competitors so far: UPDATED 2-10-09

Wade Gillingham

Jedd Johnson

Paul Knight

Rex Hubbard

Steve Gardener

Chris Rice

Chad Woodall

Andrew Durniat

Big Wes Peart

Aaron C. (AC)

Played around with two more of the events tonight, neither of which I've either done seriously before (2" v-bar) or heavily (at all) for months (old RT handle). Let's just say it'd be an interesting competition... ;)

Any chance of you, Paul, and Morton going for a tripple cert of the mm7 ? that would be pretty cool.

I'd say no. Two reasons. I've the MM4, 5 and 6 first and secondly I'd rather win some cash and, if poss, the event than travel 5000+ miles to do a cert then make a hash of the competition. Check what doing (and failing) the 3.5 cert at the Euros did for me. With the medley as well... I'll be on my ass so not after either.

Any chance of you, Paul, and Morton going for a tripple cert of the mm7 ? that would be pretty cool.

the MM7 will be done before then :laugh

I don't like the medley idea. If this event is kept in there it needs to be clearly defined ahead of time to be fair.

Medley:

1. 2HP - wt TBA

2. 2-45’s Pinch

3. 6-10’s welded together

4. Blob 50

5. Fat Hex 50

6. 100# Anvil from top (about 4”)

7. Hub 45’s wide and narrow

8. 3-25’s

9. Inch DB

10. 2” DB - wt TBA

11. 3” DB - wt TBA

12. IM Apollon’s Axel - wt TBA

13. 7” IM Red Nails (one in the middle and one at the end)

14. Phone Book (vertical tear)

15. RT (it will be the new IM handle) – wt TBA

16. IM Little Big Horn on IM loading pin - wt TBA

17. Fat Bastard Bomb on IM loading pin – wt TBA

You can go in any order you want...and mix it up. You will have 3 minutes. Most objects win.

****There will be 3 more TBA…but this will give you the idea. Also, there will not be anything in the medley that I cannot pick up on a good day…if this helps.

****Also, I will be using strongman scoring for the entire contest.

I do like medleys but this line kind of scares me a little :blush "Also, there will not be anything in the medley that I cannot pick up on a good day…if this helps." Chad

So - No Chad - that doesn't really help much :D

Edited by climber511

1. 2HP - wt TBA ........................................................................ Probably no unless under 220

2. 2-45’s Pinch .......................................................................... Probably no unless I get alot stronger before then

3. 6-10’s welded together ............................................................ Yes!

4. Blob 50 ................................................................................

. depends, maybe no

5. Fat Hex 50 ............................................................................ I hear this ones harder than a Blob - probably no

6. 100# Anvil from top (about 4”) ................................................. defenitly no

7. Hub 45’s wide and narrow ........................................................ maybe - is this a double hub lift? or one than the other?

8. 3-25’s ................................................................................

.. should get this depending on the pates

9. Inch DB ................................................................................ hopefully come June

10. 2” DB - wt TBA ..................................................................... I would say its going to be a crazy weight, so no

11. 3” DB - wt TBA ..................................................................... same

12. IM Apollon’s Axel - wt TBA ...................................................... same

13. 7” IM Red Nails (one in the middle and one at the end) ................. waaaaay too easy in comparison to the other lifts - yes

14. Phone Book (vertical tear) ....................................................... yes

15. RT (it will be the new IM handle) – wt TBA ................................. again, prolly crazy weight, so no

16. IM Little Big Horn on IM loading pin - wt TBA ............................... same

17. Fat Bastard Bomb on IM loading pin – wt TBA .............................. same

Chad,

Instead of having a 2HP as part of the medley, how about having a 1HP on the same device, and require that the lifter make the lift with each hand to get credit for the event? 1HP is much more about pure pinch strength than 2HP. You can't turn it into a wrist-event like with 2HP (which sort of defeats the original purpose, I think). It would make things interesting for sure. Maybe 90 pounds as the weight? Or even 100? Just trying to avoid boring overlap with the other events of the contest. :rock

-Rex

Chad,

Instead of having a 2HP as part of the medley, how about having a 1HP on the same device, and require that the lifter make the lift with each hand to get credit for the event? 1HP is much more about pure pinch strength than 2HP. You can't turn it into a wrist-event like with 2HP (which sort of defeats the original purpose, I think). It would make things interesting for sure. Maybe 90 pounds as the weight? Or even 100? Just trying to avoid boring overlap with the other events of the contest. :rock

-Rex

good point - sounds good to me - leaning more towards 90 though :laugh

Chad,

-Rex

good point - sounds good to me - leaning more towards 90 though :laugh

You have something like 16 weeks to train for this comp...PLENTY of time to bring up your weak points...CASH is on the line...you guys can do it :rock

I do like medleys but this line kind of scares me a little blush.gif "Also, there will not be anything in the medley that I cannot pick up on a good day…if this helps." Chad

So - No Chad - that doesn't really help much.

Chris you have GEEZER POWER and you do well in Medleys...the MEDLEY will be VERY HEAVY :rock

Chad, who's puting up all this cash?

Yourself?

Sponsor(s)?

Mighty Joe