• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darthsith19

• Florian Kellersmann

• raikkonen

• blueviper42

I find it kind of funny that his last name seems to translate to "chicken" :D

...that's nothing I would call him!!! :tongue

best armwrestler site ive seen ( i mean for the individual puller)

Why your hands so much? — Все думают, что это от употребления С.Г.Р. - Everyone thinks that it is to use S.G.R. вот и не угадали! That's not guessing! У нас в роду по отцовской линии у всех моих дедов, дядек были такие руки, наследственность одним словом. We have a sort of father to all of my grandparents, dyadek had such arms, hereditary in one word. , dyadek had such arms, hereditary in one word.

so his arms and hands are like that because his grandfather had the same? that's amazing, he's the first person i've ever seen to have such unbelievable bone structure and muscularity like that. his wrist is probably as thick as my ankle

Denis wants Vendetta with Brzenk in May (right hand)

Edited by pawel r

If he wants to be #1, he should challenge Devon IMO.

I hope it gets set up! Denis probably knows he will not be ready for Devon by then. However, with Brzenk his chances are higher, if he can keep the match in a hook he could have a shot at it IMHO.

If he wants to be #1, he should challenge Devon IMO.

I agree with you...BUT the Denis's wrist and finger strength at the table not as pure strength (seeing him at zloty 2008)

is not at the level of Devon or John.

I don't think is enough 5 month of training to close that gap.

There are some aspects I would to focus on....

WEIGHT

Denis Ciplenkov = ~140kg

Devon Larratt = ~120kg

John Brzenk = ~95kg

I know that if you want to be the best doesn't matter what's your weight but as you can surely know

at high level even some kg can make a big difference (and talking about those three men the fat is not involved)

so the first two have a real advantage (the AGE is another one) i mean the tendons/ligaments/joints properly trained

and with a good technique could make Denis or Devon in a (potentially) "no loose" monster.

But how do you think about an eventually increase of weight of John?? (or a decrease of the other two :tongue )

I know that he's at his best at his actually weight but i think six MONTHS OF REST (too many tournament in those arms)

and a good training for that match ONLY (as Devon made) probably could give us back the real John.

Many time i've read about Voevoda's RETURN but i've never seen Voevoda to compete for at least five years, all year long,

(and John is competing since late 80s :bow ) and trying to compete with someone who weight 15kg more than him.

I think many of you have different points of view so try to compare this three aspect

Weight - Age - Months of rest/hard training before tough matches.

Let me know that points of view :rock

PS... Excuse me for my bad english :(

Good points, but John is closer to Devon's weight than Devon is to Denis. At least last time I heard, Devon was 250 lbs. (114 kg), Denis wasn't he 313 lbs. at Zloty when he weighed in (142 kg)? And John's weight I believe is usually about 100 kg (220 lbs.) but I don't know what he weight atm. Not that it really matters.

Good points, but John is closer to Devon's weight than Devon is to Denis. At least last time I heard, Devon was 250 lbs. (114 kg), Denis wasn't he 313 lbs. at Zloty when he weighed in (142 kg)? And John's weight I believe is usually about 100 kg (220 lbs.) but I don't know what he weight atm. Not that it really matters.

Maybe you're right.... but the fact is that John looses by 2 men with + or - 15kg more than him, I've read around the armwrestling that John was ready to loss weight to fight with Rustam Babayev... I don't know if it's a urban legend but if it's true is a great way to live our sport and I think is the right way.

As usual is a matter of points of view (as I wrote ;) ) but if you think that it doesn't really matter you can cut off all light classes because a 70kg puller can not do anything with that giants. IMO

Maybe you're right.... but the fact is that John looses by 2 men with + or - 15kg more than him, I've read around the armwrestling that John was ready to loss weight to fight with Rustam Babayev... I don't know if it's a urban legend but if it's true is a great way to live our sport and I think is the right way.

As usual is a matter of points of view (as I wrote ;) ) but if you think that it doesn't really matter you can cut off all light classes because a 70kg puller can not do anything with that giants. IMO

I am NOT sure what you're talking about "cutting all the light classes" ???

I am NOT sure what you're talking about "cutting all the light classes" ???

Only to provoke.. :D .. because it seems the weight doesn't matter at such high level and such high weight.... :blush

so if someone think so there is a little bit of confusion.

We're talking about the best arwrestlers so IMHO a little gap for me it's OK but for these fight also a limit is needed.

I always speak at equal training, recently fights or rest period, injuries... ;)

Sorry but I still don't get it! Your phrasing are confused. It's your idea of expression seemed to jump from one to another place and got me lost.

Josh H wrote

And John's weight I believe is usually about 100 kg (220 lbs.) but I don't know what he weight atm. Not that it really matters.
and bicio wrote
As usual is a matter of points of view (as I wrote wink.gif ) but if you think that it doesn't really matter you can cut off all light classes because a 70kg puller can not do anything with that giants. IMO
to demonstrate that weight does matter.

why doesnt denis pick on someone his own age (devon), not that john is old, i still think he will beat denis in a vendetta. i think denis wants to beat john as he see's him as stil lthe best right handed arm wrestler in the world, as i do still, and also, revenge :p

About the age thing isn't Andrey Pushkar younger than Cyplenkov (like 22 or so I think?) and he has gone against Brzenk in at least 1 supermatch I think more. Same with Alexey Semerenko. Denis and his coach probably don't think Denis is ready for Devon yet... I would be interested in a supermatch between Andrey Pushkar and Denis right handed, I wish they had pulled right as well as left last June. Pushkaris ranked 3rd in the world, what do you guys think about that match, would Pushkar's hook beat Denis's and if not is his toproll good enough to take Denis's hand?

Edited by Josh H

IMO younger guys are at a disadvantage to the guys in their 30's/early 40's. Why you ask? Their joints and connective tissue are better developed at that point. Also, if I were to predict a result, I do not think that Andrey Pushkar can beat Cyplenkov in any position. I don't think his hook can win, and I don't think he could toproll Denis enough to win. But who knows? That's why we compete. To see the outcome. After all, Tim Bresnan did manage to toproll Denis, however he let off pressure for a split second and denis was able to hook him back in and outpower him.

Didn't Pushkar place first at WAF Worlds this year? That should surely at the very least place him in top 10.

Edited by thewalrus

I personally didn't say Pushkar was 3rd, I said he is ranked 3rd, and he is, on Engin's rankings at worldofarmwrestling.com. Yes Andrey Pushkar won WAF worlds in the super heavy's right and left handed, pretty easily, too (he smashed Paul Fisher when they went right handed). I don't know why Pushkar is ranked 3rd personally but for sure in the top 10, Travis Bagent beat him in their supermatcha few years ago right handed so I'm not sure why he's ranked lower than Pushkar but I am sure Engin has his reasons and he knows a lot more than me.

the walrus, I agree with you, about younger guys being at a distadvantage, though older guys usually say the opposite! ;) I just watched a Ron Bath interview on ArmTv the other day and he said he peaked in the late 90's (he would have been 35-40 during that time). At the ROTN Cobra Rhodes said Allen Fisher's hit is the ebst it's ever been right now, at age 52.

raikkonen, if Pushkar shouldn't be in the top 10 then who do you think the top 10 should be?