Impressive Im News!

burkhardmacht

I think he did, wasn't it the blob, a #2 (or #3) and the RT of 180 or so?

I think he did, wasn't it the blob, a #2 (or #3) and the RT of 180 or so?

Rolling Thunder 187 (180 in plates), #2, 50 pound blob. The young man completed it. GNC Grip Gauntlet will be at The Arnold in 2 weeks again.

Having a #2 at the GG is pretty wierd being that there's a blob and 180 RT.

If they are enforcing the credit card set (or lack thereof) it kind of evens out some. Although I can (used to, anyhow) no set a #2, but can't do anything but stare at a blob and 180 RT.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY can do what he did and then claim that he has never done any prior grip training before that.

He came very close to closing a #4... and then he says he has not had any grip training before that?!? C'mon!!!

Sorry - I call BS on this one. He has you all fooled, but not me.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY can do what he did and then claim that he has never done any prior grip training before that.

He came very close to closing a #4... and then he says he has not had any grip training before that?!? C'mon!!!

The kid is 20 years old and never lifted weights until he started playing on the scout team at UCLA 2 years ago. He was 6'5", 370 at the show. He told me he has been working heavy construction since he was like 10 years old - helping his dad clean up the job site. He tore his pec benching. He said he has touched the grippers before at UCLA but really had no clue what was good which is why I thought he was pulling my leg. He started at the #2 then 2.5, then 3 picking them off the board one handed and slamming them shut then asking me, "...is that good?...". I started to get pissed because I thought he was jerking me around so after the 3 I handed him the 4 which with no set closed past parallel. This was straight out of the package, the first guy to even touch it other than me and I didn't give it a squeeze. After talking with him and realizing he was just, "...a 20 year old college student from UCLA...", I had him try the #3 right out of the package. He layed it in his hand with no set and mashed it with no doubt on the close. After this he lifted the blob - which took a couple tries and lifted 187 on the RT. I got Randy and he wanted a picture. We tried several times with the #3 but he couldn't close it again. His grip was fried from the blob. For those of you who have touched the blob I use in the booth and thought it was hard before, it is even worse now! I was starting to doubt my abilities so tonight at the gym I gave my blobs a little test. This is my 4th day in a row of blob lifting and had no problem walking 50+ feet with a turn both right and left handed something I could not have done with the booth blob. Incidentally the blob stopped Keven Bussi this year and last year he had no problem dominating it. It was only lifted last weekend by Vache, and pro strongman Brian Shaw - who put on quite a show. After lifting it right and left, and cleaning it right, he then picked it up right and walked 5 feet to the rolling thunder and lifted it at the same time. Good stuff. Brian is the only person I have ever seen that is on par with my Blob strength. I told Brian to go lift the 3" 185lb Circus Dumbell before he wore out his grip, and he did! I also witnessed Corey St. Clair high pull the Circus Dumbell to chest level. Unbelievable. So for the record Odd Haugen, Brian Shaw, and Corey St. Clair are the only ones to ever deadlift a 185lb 3" Circus Dumbell. I got it a few inches off the ground and some others did the same - Jesse Marunde lifted it a few inches higher than me.

Hope this clears some things up.

Wade

Thanks, Wade. Very interesting stuff!

Thanks for the infos Wade!

Historical note..THE Circus dumbell as named by Terry Todd and the Arnolds Strongman Commitee was devised by Sorinex and exclusive, owned therof. Its weight was for last years show 196 lb 4 oz and never deadlifted one handed by anyone at that official weight. This year with witnesses present the weight was increased to 202 lb 6 oz. to provide at the commitees request a even greater challenge at the Arnolds final strongman event before it is returned "home" and then retired. If you are at the Arnolds and get an opportunity to deadlift it one handed do so and "get famous'. If Wade and GNC wants to work out a display opportunity of it please contact me. The bell Wade refers to is a bell personally made by Sorinex for Odd Haugen and shipped hollow/empty to him and is not THE Circus Bell named and used at the Arnolds competition. Thankyou, Richard Sorin

did this kid even use chalk?????

it kinda puts things in perspective...some of us train hard for, to reach a 3...some trying for a 4.....this kid just lays the smackdown with no training.

there are freaks out there.

The kid is 20 years old and never lifted weights until he started playing on the scout team at UCLA 2 years ago. He was 6'5", 370 at the show. He told me he has been working heavy construction since he was like 10 years old - helping his dad clean up the job site. He tore his pec benching. He said he has touched the grippers before at UCLA but really had no clue what was good which is why I thought he was pulling my leg. He started at the #2 then 2.5, then 3 picking them off the board one handed and slamming them shut then asking me, "...is that good?...". I started to get pissed because I thought he was jerking me around so after the 3 I handed him the 4 which with no set closed past parallel. This was straight out of the package, the first guy to even touch it other than me and I didn't give it a squeeze. After talking with him and realizing he was just, "...a 20 year old college student from UCLA...", I had him try the #3 right out of the package. He layed it in his hand with no set and mashed it with no doubt on the close. After this he lifted the blob - which took a couple tries and lifted 187 on the RT. I got Randy and he wanted a picture. We tried several times with the #3 but he couldn't close it again. His grip was fried from the blob. For those of you who have touched the blob I use in the booth and thought it was hard before, it is even worse now! I was starting to doubt my abilities so tonight at the gym I gave my blobs a little test. This is my 4th day in a row of blob lifting and had no problem walking 50+ feet with a turn both right and left handed something I could not have done with the booth blob. Incidentally the blob stopped Keven Bussi this year and last year he had no problem dominating it. It was only lifted last weekend by Vache, and pro strongman Brian Shaw - who put on quite a show. After lifting it right and left, and cleaning it right, he then picked it up right and walked 5 feet to the rolling thunder and lifted it at the same time. Good stuff. Brian is the only person I have ever seen that is on par with my Blob strength. I told Brian to go lift the 3" 185lb Circus Dumbell before he wore out his grip, and he did! I also witnessed Corey St. Clair high pull the Circus Dumbell to chest level. Unbelievable. So for the record Odd Haugen, Brian Shaw, and Corey St. Clair are the only ones to ever deadlift a 185lb 3" Circus Dumbell. I got it a few inches off the ground and some others did the same - Jesse Marunde lifted it a few inches higher than me.

Wade

nice post!

so hes actually done a decade of heavy construction work, so basically strongman training for half his life - this can be very hard on the hands, that explains it a little more..he nearly no set #4 second time using grippers though..DAMN

nice post!

so hes actually done a decade of heavy construction work, so basically strongman training for half his life - this can be very hard on the hands, that explains it a little more..he nearly no set #4 second time using grippers though..DAMN

Second that, But lumberjacking, now thats a hand killer... My uncle who worked as lumberjack for 15 years or so and been working on construction sites since then is good example... around 10" hands and wrists are around 8 and half inch, and the squeeze is just painfull...

Wade

Wade,

Anybody lift it by the face at this venue?

Brian Shaw - who I mentioned, gave it a try but the booth blob is very slippery which makes the face lift tough. I pulled it up a few times by the face. Look for more at the Arnold next weekend if you go. If you catch me warmed up on day 2 or 3 I should be able to clean it - I expect the same from you!

Wade

Wade

Wade,

Anybody lift it by the face at this venue?