John Brzenk

pawel r

John Brzenk king of armwrestling :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

Edited by pawel r

John Brzenk king of armwrestling :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

True words. He just did it again :rock :rock :rock

I also like, that he pulled left hand too at Zloty Tur (and did very well!). :bow

• 2 weeks later...

John Brzenk it is legend in armwrestling, so as Pele in football, and so as Michael Jordan in basket-ball

Edited by pawel r
  • Like 1

John Brzenk it is legend in armwrestling, so as Pele in football, and so as Michael Jordan in basket-ball

I just wish more of his earlier fights were easy to find.

Edited by Sash

• 10 months later...

Those are great videos, but am I am definitely disappointed that we didn't get to see Taras and Denis go in the straps, wtf? Why did they cut that one out? I mean seeing John vs. Denis was great but I already watched their second match probably 6 times and their first one twice, and I was excited to see: Tim Bresnan vs. Denis (which we got to see) and Taras vs. Denis. And we never got to see Taras and Denis except when they slipped out. :( I thnk Taras should be put back in the top 10 though.

Edit: Pics

http://michaelswebphotos.smugmug.com/galle...414258063_54wxm

Edited by Josh H

Those are great videos, but am I am definitely disappointed that we didn't get to see Taras and Denis go in the straps, wtf? Why did they cut that one out? I mean seeing John vs. Denis was great but I already watched their second match probably 6 times and their first one twice, and I was excited to see: Tim Bresnan vs. Denis (which we got to see) and Taras vs. Denis. And we never got to see Taras and Denis except when they slipped out. :( I thnk Taras should be put back in the top 10 though.

Edit: Pics

http://michaelswebphotos.smugmug.com/galle...414258063_54wxm

Here you see Taras' strap match:

http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com/index.p...iew&id=5472

is there any left finals video anywhere? i want to see the Dennis/Christian match in which they said he winked at the crowd before he pulled him down. The last match with Dennis/TIM it looked like Tim had him but he didnt get his shoulder in fast enough behind his hand but Dennis does look very impressive in his left handed matches that i've seen :D

is there any left finals video anywhere? i want to see the Dennis/Christian match in which they said he winked at the crowd before he pulled him down. The last match with Dennis/TIM it looked like Tim had him but he didnt get his shoulder in fast enough behind his hand but Dennis does look very impressive in his left handed matches that i've seen :D

www.armsportvideos.com

Yes, just came out recently: http://www.armsportvideos.com/Years-Links/2008/2008.htm

Go to the bottom of that page.

• 1 month later...

I'd always wanted to figure out Brzenk phenomenon

almost 30 years of armwrestling & genetics- Yes that matters for sure

but how is he doing that he still in his 40's can compete and crush many many big bastards?

I do think that his huge advantage is hand control and SUPERIOR hand strenght (as Rob VJ once said)

70% of AW is hand control and John has it. If he wants to top roll anybody, he just does it.

But... he has also one of the greatest hook ever- how's that possible -technique? special trening? or maybe it's all thanks to

that injury that happened to him when he was 13 or something (he broke some bone in the elbow and maybe it fixed in the way that his elbow

"lock" is out of this planet :)) I don't know. But we -armwrestlers all don't want to know that his dominance is all about some arm break

(I know many guys that broke theire arms and they're twice as strong after that :/ ). We all want to be the best thanks to the training, experience etc.

Coming back to John's hand control I also ve been amazed when I saw that photo:

imagebrzenkcu6.th.jpg

Look at his thumbpad- that's not normal. And remember that thumpad- the size of it- is the place where your opponent grab You, and also using rolling style of top roll

(not the posting one) You attack opponents fingers by this "meatty part of your thumb"

Just my two cents

I would love to hear Bob's Brown and RVJ opinion on this one