John Brzenk

pawel r

• 1 month later...

John Brzenk vs Alan Karaev:

Alan Karaev. What a cheating *****! :angry: Just AW properly, forget about all of the foolish table "tactics"! :flame

John Brzenk vs Alan Karaev:

Alan Karaev. What a cheating MO-FO! :angry: Just AW properly, forget about all of the foolish table "tactics"! :flame

Here's Alan Karaev sumo wrestling!

:ohmy

He's a natural! :rock

I read somewhere (one of the AW sites a LONG time ago) that Karaev busted out like 3 reps on a #3 first time he touched it.

I read somewhere (one of the AW sites a LONG time ago) that Karaev busted out like 3 reps on a #3 first time he touched it.

Followed by a one arm curl of 360kg? :flame

Karaev was cracking walnuts with his thumb and 1 finger, previous to an MMA fight. Yeah, he has tried MMA fighting, but has a record of like 1-3 or something. Former armwrestling champion Gary Goodridge beat him, Gary has had a not-so-bad career at MMA.

I also saw a pic of him with a #3 in his hand. The gripper look very small in his paws. I have no doubt about this info.

• 3 weeks later...

John Brzenk wins 95kg and Open kategory on NEMIROFF WORLD CUP (ZLOTY TUR) in Warsaw

Edited by pawel r

Congrats to John :rock These Worldcups in Warsaw are very very tough and I just don't have words for this... just awesome :rock:rock:rock

Wow... I too read about Fareed saying "JOHN is not a human being" ...

Brzenk won the 95kg class and the supers too. So he's a mere 209 pounds. Unbelievable, heh.

I believe these matches are from two days ago, December 2nd in Warsaw, Poland, @ the Zloty Tour 2006.

These are some of Brzenk's matches. He pulled in the 95kg class (209lbs) and in the Open class too.

Brzenk Vs. Neil Pickup

Brzenk Vs. Dzambolat Tsoriev

Brzenk Vs. Sergiy Tekanew

Brzenk Vs. Dzambolat Tsoriev - (this was the 95kg finals).

I might as well throw the Open class (95kg and up) finals in here too, between Farid Usmanov and Boris Posa.

Brzenk Vs. Boris Poska

And here is the grand finale: John Brzenk Vs. Farid Usmanov

Do you guys remember the Brzenk vs. Farid match earlier this year? The one that is in youtube, in which John beat Farid and sent him to the B-side, then Farid beat him once in the final, so they had to have a decider match, and it was a long hook and John won? ... well, it seems John just keeps getting stronger and stronger, because this match looks NOTHING like that one from several months ago. And it kind of looked like a hook? Someone with some AW knowledge please tell me if that was a hook or not, as that is Farid's STRONG point actually. :bow to Mr. Brzenk anyways.

All videos linked from http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com.

I believe these matches are from two days ago, December 2nd in Warsaw, Poland, @ the Zloty Tour 2006.

These are some of Brzenk's matches. He pulled in the 95kg class (209lbs) and in the Open class too.

Brzenk Vs. Neil Pickup

Brzenk Vs. Dzambolat Tsoriev

Brzenk Vs. Sergiy Tekanew

Brzenk Vs. Dzambolat Tsoriev - (this was the 95kg finals).

I might as well throw the Open class (95kg and up) finals in here too, between Farid Usmanov and Boris Posa.

Brzenk Vs. Boris Poska

And here is the grand finale: John Brzenk Vs. Farid Usmanov

Do you guys remember the Brzenk vs. Farid match earlier this year? The one that is in youtube, in which John beat Farid and sent him to the B-side, then Farid beat him once in the final, so they had to have a decider match, and it was a long hook and John won? ... well, it seems John just keeps getting stronger and stronger, because this match looks NOTHING like that one from several months ago. And it kind of looked like a hook? Someone with some AW knowledge please tell me if that was a hook or not, as that is Farid's STRONG point actually. :bow to Mr. Brzenk anyways.

All videos linked from http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com.

John's getting some practice in, before he meets Magnus... :whistel:yikes

Notice the different hand position in the matches... left hand on edge of table for easy opponents and left hand on top of peg for tougher ones. Easy matches for you John. :rock

[ John's getting some practice in, before he meets Magnus... :whistel:yikes

/quote]

Classic! LOL!!

• 1 month later...

Was wondering what you all think about John's style? I have seen a few of his matches and each time he has a very defensive tactic of taking what his opponent got and then blasting through him. However against truly powerful/huge opponents isnt this a losing strategy? i saw how against Alan Karayev he was holding him off through pure forarm and bicep strength....also why was he leaning back....doesnt that worsen his leverage on defense? seems like john would be even deadlier being more aggressive/offensive...

please forgive my remarks....i am fairly new to pro AW but these were my observations from wathcing his matches online and on ESPN tv....

From what I have heard, John pulled in a tourney called Golden Bear the very same day before pulling Karaev in '98. Karaev didn't pull anyone and was very fresh, while John pulled and won that toruney (don't know if more than one class or not) and was not 100% I guess. I don't think he would've lost if he were fresh, or if Karaev would've pulled too, many matches like John, and be sore and stuff....

I dunno about his style, but lately he seems to be toying around with eveyrone!!

• 8 months later...