Bursting A Full Soda Can.

Slider454

can someone give me a little insight on how this feat is proformed? Is the can actually just sqeezed hard enough to burst it or do you use both hands and like try to chest crush it at the same time? Do you wear gloves to keep it from cutting your hands? I have hard of this being done but have never seen it done. I heard the best soda to use was diet coke or any diet drink so that you dont get all sticky from the sugar in other drinks. I like bending nails, tearing cards and phone books but I would like to learn this feat also.

can someone give me a little insight on how this feat is proformed? Is the can actually just sqeezed hard enough to burst it or do you use both hands and like try to chest crush it at the same time? Do you wear gloves to keep it from cutting your hands? I have hard of this being done but have never seen it done. I heard the best soda to use was diet coke or any diet drink so that you dont get all sticky from the sugar in other drinks. I like bending nails, tearing cards and phone books but I would like to learn this feat also.

Pretty cool feat. Takes a bit to get use to. I wrap a can in a thin towel, I never got cut. You wind up using your chest whether you try to or not. I think only one or two guys can bust a can with it at arms length in front of them chocking it. My training partners always ask bodybuilders to bust the cans with us, but they are always blown away that they can't.

enjoy,

burner

There's some chest involved, but what you are trying to do that actually bursts it is pushing your fingers through the side of the can. Mechanix style gloves work great. Bulkier gloves make it a bit harder. Use Diet 7-Up or Diet Sprite, no sugar for sticky and no color for staining. So it's a combination of squeezing, pulling, and pushing.

And shake it up, the internal pressure then makes it go in a more spectacular fashion when it does burst.

I've found the easiest way is to put one hand under and the other over; then try to wedge the first 2 fingers under the thumbpad of the opposite hand (my hands are barely big enough to do this). Also, it might take awhile, so keep giving it short hard squeezes, even if it seems like nothing's happening--eventually it will go! If it takes a long time, it's a great grip workout and an unbelievable forearm pump!

I first busted a 16 oz., and later did 12 oz. beer cans, and the 16 oz. seem to be easier and burst faster, so that might be a good place to start.

Edited by rying

Burner taught me how to burst cans, it's largely a chest crush, using the form described by Rying.

Definately use gloves though, the first can I burst I did without gloves. Blood everywhere. Never again.

take my advice and don't wear a white shirt. i ruined my polo. you may ask why the heck was i bursting cans in a white polo? it was a bet made to me at the library during finals week. needless to say, i won the bet.

Here is a video

It's performed like a bending crush down.

If you like brusting soda cans, bending nails and tearing things; make yourself a favor, buy the grip masters manual by john brookfield. You will find everything there. From brusting soda cans, bending nails, tearing cards,phone books, steel bars, grippers, pinching and many more. And to make life easeir for you, here is the link http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/...asp?number=1283

Edited by Alawadhi

Clay is the man to ask.

I watched him do it once although i have never done it.

Wear gloves.Clay cut his finger when i saw him.

Also he shook up the can before have and then kind of twisted it with hands on each end of the can.

Sugar free soda won't be as sticky and do it out wear you don't mind the splatter.

Here is a video

It's performed like a bending crush down.

After seeing your video a few months back that's exactly the way that I did it.

I did it with a beer can at a party. I cut my hand a little. So i suggest people just starting to try this wear gloves.

This is not a matter of isolation, I have to use everything I got in terms of upper body strength to be able to do this. And it takes several short and explosive squeezes. I read Grip Master's Manual and to my surprise, I did burst the can the first time I tried it. I'm not able to do it every time I try it, but it is a good shock workout once in a while.

What Steve means by "and then kind of twisted it with hands on each end of the can" I think is that after I shook and squeezed the can, I spun the can a quarter turn so I was not squeezing in the same spots again. On tougher cans, I sometimes have to spin the can 2-3 times. On cheap cans, I can usually get them on the first squeeze.

My favorite can burst is when I was doing a show for Hubgeezer's church. I couldn't find a diet soda so I got a root beer. I got it on one squeeze but managed to spray the preacher some 20ft away! Oops!

Nongrip people LOVE this feat! You could click a #4 with 2 fingers and it wouldn't get half the reaction out of them that this gets. I've had grown men ask to keep the top to show to their buddies...great feat for shows

Nongrip people LOVE this feat! You could click a #4 with 2 fingers and it wouldn't get half the reaction out of them that this gets. I've had grown men ask to keep the top to show to their buddies...great feat for shows

Can anyone here do it like Joe Kinney does it -- in a 'stranglehold' technique?? :ohmy:bow

I can't do this, but just a tip if you're working on it, I'm pretty sure that Barq's root beer cans are a little bit thinner than other cans, coke cans for sure at least.

If you want to test this out, take empty cans and crush them from top to bottom with one hand. The barq's can crumples and stays in your hand, the coke can will go flying.

Can anyone here do it like Joe Kinney does it -- in a 'stranglehold' technique?? :ohmy:bow

I'd like to see Show try it since both his hands are crush machines.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...