mobsterone

Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

Vinnie

Question, since I am a relative newbie:  when you are doing a 700kg leg press, I am assuming that is a machine.  I didn't know they went that high, but also, what range of motion are you pressing?  Clearly you are at the top of the strength ladder, but that 700kg just struck me as humanly impossible, if it is what I thought it was, even if you were the best in the world at it -- because wouldn't that translate to a deadlift of something like 1500 pounds (which I am pretty sure no human ever did or could do)?  Or is the reason no one deadlifts over 1000 or so simply all grip?  I can't imagine legs that strong, but hey, maybe.  It's just an innocent, honest question because I am not all that familiar with serious lifting and I thought 700 kg was a typo at first but then I kept seeing it over and over and had to ask.  

Thanks and happy holidays, keep up the good work.  -- Vin

mobsterone

Tuesday
Two Hand Pinch
Worked to 109.70-kilos x 1, 2, 1 and a final double again = nice session

mobsterone
21 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Question, since I am a relative newbie:  when you are doing a 700kg leg press, I am assuming that is a machine.  I didn't know they went that high, but also, what range of motion are you pressing?  Clearly you are at the top of the strength ladder, but that 700kg just struck me as humanly impossible, if it is what I thought it was, even if you were the best in the world at it -- because wouldn't that translate to a deadlift of something like 1500 pounds (which I am pretty sure no human ever did or could do)?  Or is the reason no one deadlifts over 1000 or so simply all grip?  I can't imagine legs that strong, but hey, maybe.  It's just an innocent, honest question because I am not all that familiar with serious lifting and I thought 700 kg was a typo at first but then I kept seeing it over and over and had to ask.  

Thanks and happy holidays, keep up the good work.  -- Vin

Hi Vin. It's nothing. Check out Ronnie Coleman on TY doing 2250lbs. On the 700kg (I've done reps with 765 and 3 reps with 850) it's a short range of motion. On the other sets I try to keep the range honest. As for what it translates to - best guess others have come up with is a squat of about 1/3 what you leg press. As for machine - yes of course. No one uses much over 500lbs on the old school method.

• Like 1

Vinnie
1 hour ago, mobsterone said:

Hi Vin. It's nothing. Check out Ronnie Coleman on TY doing 2250lbs. On the 700kg (I've done reps with 765 and 3 reps with 850) it's a short range of motion. On the other sets I try to keep the range honest. As for what it translates to - best guess others have come up with is a squat of about 1/3 what you leg press. As for machine - yes of course. No one uses much over 500lbs on the old school method.

Thanks, that "nothing" is pretty impressive.  I've had back surgery so I have a decent excuse to avoid that arena and stick with grippers lol.  Be well.

mobsterone

It's all relative.

Friday
No shoulders and arms yesterday. A short trail walk. Trained with the team on the bench press

Iso Lever Row
40kg x 8 reps, 80kg x 8 reps, 120kg x 8 reps

Close Grip Bench Press
to 142.5kg x 3 x 3 reps

Adj T/Bar
to 131.5kg x 3 x 3 reps (had to re chalk for a couple of reps)

Bwt: 304.5lbs... and I didn't go crazy food wise. 

mobsterone

Monday
SSB Squat
(Hatfield style you use your hands to pull yourself up - only did this on the last set)
Bar x 8 reps, 60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 8 reps, 140-kilos x 6 reps, 180-kilos x 6 reps

Leg Press
160-kilos x 30 reps, 200-kilos x 30 reps, 240-kilos x 30 reps, 280-kilos x 20 reps (I could feel my spinal erectors on this set)

Seated Leg Curls
10p x 25 reps, 15p x 25 reps, 20p x 25 r/p reps

Leg Extensions
10p x 25 reps, 15p x 25 reps, 20p x 20 r/p reps

All the sets were more or less you go I go .

Bwt: 305.5lbs - interesting if only cos we were on the road yesterday and didn't eat that much.

mobsterone

Thursday
Did some pinch Tuesday
Seated Press
to 102/5kg x 5 reps

Hammer DB Curls
to 70kg x 2 x 8 reps

TKB
to 17.5kg x 12 reps

TPD
to 14p x 8 reps

Bwt: 302lbs

mobsterone

Friday
Crap morning
Close Grip Bench Press
to 157.5-kilos x 4 x 2 reps

Low Cable Row
to stack +7.5p x 15 reps

DOTBDL
to 182.5-kilos x 4 reps (tiny lower back twinge)

• Like 1

mobsterone

Monday
Power Squat Machine
to 460kg x 4 reps (more there)

Leg Press
to 280kg x 25 reps (other sets 30)

Seated Leg Curls
to stack x 25 reps

Leg Extensions
to stack x 20 hard ass reps

Bwt: 303lbs

mobsterone

Tuesday
I needed this session to be a LOT better than last weeks. That was 2 goes of which in one I got to the max and nothing happened and 4+ hours later I managed a mere 2 singles. The 110+kg is HARD on the skin.

Two Hand Pinch
to 110.2kg x 4 (of 5) x 1 reps

mobsterone

Monday
Hatfield Squats with a Safety Squat Bar
to an all time PB with 260kg x 1 rep. More there

Leg Press
sets of 30 to 280kg and then 20 x 300kg

Seated Leg Curls and Leg Extensions s/s
to stack x 25 reps @

Bwt: 299lbs in t-shirt and shorts

mobsterone

Tuesday
Two Hand Pinch
to 110.2kg x 5 x 1 reps

mobsterone

Thursday
Flying solo today

Seated Press
to 105kg x 4 solid reps

Hammer DB Curls
to 80kg x 2 x 10 reps

TKB
to 20kg x 10 reps

TPD
to 15p x 8 reps

bwt: 302lbs

mobsterone

Friday
No training partners again. No matter - shit got done
Close Grip Bench Press
to 150-kilos x 1 then 152.5-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

Mid-Iso Row
to 85-kilos a side x 6 reps

Rolling Thunder work
Stiff handle as per
to 162.5-kilos x 2/3, 3 and 1/3 reps (LH/RH)

Bwt: 300lbs

• Like 1

mobsterone

Monday
The hell that is leg day... made more hellish ha ha. We (Paul back in) decided to go again on the SSB/Hatfield squats.

SSB/Hatfield squats
to 5 plates a side / 240kg - 528lbs x 6 reps (including the last one where I sat down 100% on the bench - much harder to stand up from). I also had a go at a walk out with 7 plates / 300-kilos or 660lbs. This made me think I MIGHT do a  rep but I'd be in trouble raking it back after.

Leg Press
to 300-kilos x 21 reps... tiny bit brutal

Seated Leg Curls
to stack x 25 reps

s/s with

Leg Extensions
to stack x 20 reps

Bwt: 302lbs

• Like 1