grip monsta p

GripBoard Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 10 Months and 4 Days
  • Local time: 06:18 PM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

I have just found out that the 15kg Eleiko plates are only 63mm wide for the 3 plates, Wow that is thinner then my 2 x 20kg plates. I think I could lift them very soon but am not paying $360 for 3 plates.

According to Eleiko they are supposed to be 22mm each, so 66mm in total.

getstrength.com 

Product Description

High quality IPF approved metal competition discs. For 50 mm sleeves. Two years warranty.

Colour yellow
Weight 15 kg
Diameter Ø 400 mm
Thickness 21 mm
Hole Ø 50 mm

#42 OFFLINE   grip monsta p

grip monsta p

GripBoard Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

I have just found out that the 15kg Eleiko plates are only 63mm wide for the 3 plates, Wow that is thinner then my 2 x 20kg plates. I think I could lift them very soon but am not paying $360 for 3 plates.

According to Eleiko they are supposed to be 22mm each, so 66mm in total.

Thank for checking up.

#43 OFFLINE   gripmaniac

gripmaniac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 2 Months and 25 Days
  • Local time: 11:18 AM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

To imply that Euro set ups vary as much as various brand of iron cast weight shows a lack of experience if nothing else.

To suggest the surfaces of all Euro set ups are exactly the same (irrespective of how long and often they have been in use/cleaned) is just plain conceited.

I too know a fair bit about 1HP - but don't believe I need to assert that I therefore know more than nearly everyone else. If I truly believed that I'd be inclined to share my knowledge, opinions, and experiences instead big-noting myself.

Dave
  • Stephen Ruby likes this

#44 OFFLINE   Mikael Siversson

Mikael Siversson

Certified Captain of Crush

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 7 Months and 18 Days

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:52 AM

Who suggested all Euro set ups feel exactly the same?

I looked through the thread but could not find that statement.

#45 OFFLINE   gripmaniac

gripmaniac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

You said they don't vary as much plates.

I'll agree with that - but they can still vary a great deal and unlike some types of plates they are able to develop a chalk build up.

#46 OFFLINE   Mikael Siversson

Mikael Siversson

Certified Captain of Crush

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 7 Months and 18 Days

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:05 AM

As a starting point I used whatever Eleiko plates I had. Two 10k plates and two 5k plates did not pose any problems (used my right hand) other than being awkward to set up (because of the different diameters). I will get another two 10k plates after new year and work towards three 10k plates and a 5 to start with. As a goal for 2014 I will try to pinch lift four 10k Eleiko weights while weighing less than 74k.

OMG to yourself. You and another gentleman are more sensitive than a PMS sufferer. No one said it is easy to pinch four 10k plates but it is certainly easier to pinch narrowish and top quality plates.

If you pay shipments both ways then I´ll send to you my Eleiko and Matti Heiskanen´s Leoko plates for borrow. Then you can show to us your "power" with Swedish everlasting menstruation.

#47 OFFLINE   grip monsta p

grip monsta p

GripBoard Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

As a starting point I used whatever Eleiko plates I had. Two 10k plates and two 5k plates did not pose any problems (used my right hand) other than being awkward to set up (because of the different diameters). I will get another two 10k plates after new year and work towards three 10k plates and a 5 to start with. As a goal for 2014 I will try to pinch lift four 10k Eleiko weights while weighing less than 74k.

OMG to yourself. You and another gentleman are more sensitive than a PMS sufferer. No one said it is easy to pinch four 10k plates but it is certainly easier to pinch narrowish and top quality plates.

If you pay shipments both ways then I´ll send to you my Eleiko and Matti Heiskanen´s Leoko plates for borrow. Then you can show to us your "power" with Swedish everlasting menstruation.

Hope you get them plates Mikael, That would go down in history my friend!!!

#48 OFFLINE   grip monsta p

grip monsta p

GripBoard Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

Mikael,

The topic started off with a simple question. I would have thought the feat extremely impressive whatever the plates used.

Frankly the whole issue of plate type/brand is pointless hair-splitting IMHO. You can (with some effort) create a chalk build up on most plates and minimise the slipperiness its then a question of whether theyre optimal width. The Euro Pinch is no different.

Im yet to see or hear of anyone go to the trouble of 1 hand pinching 40kgs on chalk-buildup-free (ie. unused areas of a) Euro Pinch setup. Perhaps Juha could give it a go I enjoy his clips.

Dave

Dave, I have put up the video now of the 40kg chalk free plates.

Parvez

#49 OFFLINE   gripmaniac

gripmaniac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

I wish I could do that!

Like Mikael I've only ever had access to sharp edged plates that slice & dice my thumbs/webbing on the few occasions I've attempted the feat. My gym recently got some narrower (but still sharp-edged) plates . . . . perhaps I should man up and work towards achieving this feat.

#50 OFFLINE   grip monsta p

grip monsta p

GripBoard Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

I wish I could do that!

Like Mikael I've only ever had access to sharp edged plates that slice & dice my thumbs/webbing on the few occasions I've attempted the feat. My gym recently got some narrower (but still sharp-edged) plates . . . . perhaps I should man up and work towards achieving this feat.

I don't like skin tears but it has helped with my pinch, When I do get a tear in the skin I have to use less of my thumb and have managed to pinch 2 x 20kg plates using only half of my thumb. And it has made my wide pinch a lot better. Don't worry about the skin tear its worth it :)