Grind

GripBoard Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Joined 4 Months and 2 Days
  • Local time: 09:11 PM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:47 AM

I went on vacation to Curacao in June. For the kids we will have a short vacation on a camping, maybe in zeeland.

Whe you go, do you take some grip toys with you? lol

#1162 OFFLINE   Geralt

Geralt

GripBoard Mash Monster Level 1

• GB Contributor Level 1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Joined 7 Years and 24 Days

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:41 AM

Curacao ahh good good good heh. Zeeland should be good with this weather. I always take the same with me, few grippers, pushup stands and a rubber resistence band. They have seen France and Croatie haha It will be southern of France this year btw, found a last minute deal. Looks good.

#1163 OFFLINE   Grind

Grind

GripBoard Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Joined 4 Months and 2 Days

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:50 AM

Haha crazy gripguys take there stuff everywhere. I also took some of my grippers with me, my wife thought I was crazy.

Have fun!

• Geralt likes this

#1164 OFFLINE   Geralt

Geralt

• GB Contributor Level 1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:01 AM

Lots of work in the garden today, everything growing like crazy. After a few hours in the sun I was toasted so took a little nap and decided afterwards to throw in the last grippersession before taking vacation. 

Warming up till IM#2.5. Couldn't get properly fired up and didn't feel like doing other stuff so just relaxed, took a mug black coffee, watched some YT gripper vids and jumped back in. 

Working

IM#3 (142lbs) CCS 2 x 1 closed, 3 x 1 almooooost closed. About 5 or 8 minutes between singles. Of course forced last mm closed everything with a short hold. 

BBGM (137lbs) heavily filed dogleg, CCS 2 x 1 closed (touched when handles wouldn't have been filed) 1 x 1 miss. All three attempts forced completely closed against leg and held closed. The resistance ramps up like crazy because of the spring's characteristics icm filing it down. I think I need to work more with this gripper. Closing a regular gripper from CCS after this one should be much easier ROM. 

Plateloader, handles set to parallel width gripperwise: 115kg 2 x 10 reps, this felt very hard after the filed gripper work. 

One drop set, 110kg x rep out, 110kg x rep out, basically taking off a plate, repping out, etc till only one plate and no hands left anymore. 

Thumbscrews few sets. 

Edited by Geralt, 08 August 2015 - 08:02 AM.

#1165 OFFLINE   Geralt

Geralt

• GB Contributor Level 1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:00 AM

Took my Vulcan and two grippers with me on vacation. Couldn't bother doing other stuff, to hot.

Vulcan, warming up.
Working: 4x1 BBGM (137), filed dogleg, CCS attempts. Would have been closed with unaltered handles, but getting the handles really together is hard. Will get it though. Forced shut and tried to keep shut. Heavy filing gets the resistence up very good in the weakest ROM.

Vulcan level 15 1x5 20mm blockset

Vulcan level 12 1x12 20mm blockset.

#1166 OFFLINE   Geralt

Geralt

• GB Contributor Level 1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:02 AM

Only logging gripperwork from here. Spacing rest between sessions even further out, I just need the recovery with grippers. 

Lefty a bit of tendinitis for heavier grippers so taking it easy. 

Short gripperwork last night. 

After warming up: 

L: IM#1 TNS 2 x 20, IM#2 TNS 2 x 5 (just taking it easy), IM#1 TNS 2 x 10. This doesn't aggrevate my arm. 

R: wide set work, width between TNS and 30mm blockset, basically setting the gripper so that I just can wrap my fingers around the handle: IM#3 (142) 2 x 3 (last set slight miss 3rd rep),

2 x 2, 2 x 1. 

Edited by Geralt, 26 August 2015 - 02:03 AM.

• Anthony C. likes this

#1167 OFFLINE   Geralt

Geralt

• GB Contributor Level 1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:56 AM

Between shoulderpresses 3 x 1 wide set (> 30mm blockset) IM#3 single with overcrush (142lbs) 1 x 1 filed BBGM (137) OC, had to force shut a few times. As long hold as possible.

Surprised me because the day before yesterday I' done grippers also.

#1168 OFFLINE   Geralt

Geralt

• GB Contributor Level 1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:50 AM

Yesterday evening 3 x 2 142#3 gripper closes wide set. Pinky and thumbwork.
This in between seated shoulderpress 5 x 5.
Trapbar DL from deficit and ab wheel.

Trying to add a gripper session extra. So not going balls to the wall with grippers. Few closes and it's good. Not going to failure.
Left arm is painfull on top of lowerarm. Probably tendinitis. Trying to work around it but no grip or heavy bicep stuff.

#1169 OFFLINE   Geralt

Geralt

• GB Contributor Level 1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:33 PM

squats today, although tired. My experience is that I can push through a lot when tired but with squats it's always hell with my weak legs.
Did a lot of volume weeks ago 20 reps up to at least 100kg but today doubles with 120kg felt very heavy.

Good form though, ass to grass, almost paused squats. I like that.

Next session some narrow sets with grippers and shoulderpress. Lately pressing seems to combine nice with grippers.

Edited by Geralt, Yesterday, 12:35 PM.