Geralt

GripBoard Mash Monster Level 1

• GB Contributor Level 1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 11 Months and 19 Days
  • Local time: 06:52 AM

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:37 AM

I don't seem to gain as much of a leverage advantage on the trap as a lot of guys do.  The last time I actually did a workout on one was in 1999.  I did like five reps without too much effort with 495, but I was pulling over 600 on a barbell at the time.  But as the handles start getting higher, as in farmers implement deadlifts, I get a big boost.  When I weighed 185, and not training deadlifts at the time, I was able to pull 735 (I think that was the weight) with an 18" height.  I kind of want to see what I could pull on 18" high handles with some specific training on my farmers, now that I'm a lot stronger.  I think 900 would be a good goal.  Total weight, of course.  Lol.

And my shins take a horrific beating on barbells, also.  That's why I only train in my sweatpants now.  I've always pulled the bar against my shins all the way up.

Duuuude that are big ass weights. - kneels down and bows head -
Well, I'm not competing so I just take the trapbar as a more 'comfortable' way for putting load on my girly frame lol keep it up Eric. Good stuff.

#1142 OFFLINE   Geralt

Geralt

• GB Contributor Level 1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:44 AM

Wednesday: Shoulders

Today: Grip

* Warming up with Vulcan and IM#2 TNS work; 

* IM#3 (142) MMS close; 

* IM#3 (153) MMS close; 

* IM2.5 CCS immediately followed by 20mm blockset. This is tough for me, since I am basically still learning myself a new ROM with grippers. Also the fiddling with picking up the 20mm block after the CCS takes getting   used to. 

1 x CCS, 2 x 20mm blockset; 

1 x CCS, 2 x 20mm blockset (but just); 

this felt very hard and after these sets I picked up my old filed 2.5 and did a CCS and was surprised with how much easier it was! So took my newer one to my shed and WD40'd the crap out of the spring.   

Made a world of difference after that. Also no more squeeking. 

8 x 1 CCS trying to overcrush, felt like  I had a complete different gripper. Show how much difference out of the package makes compared to having a seasoned gripper. 

* Plateloader! didn't use this one in a looooong time. Like it a lot. Handlewidth set to app. 4,5cm (1,9" or so) @80kg, so pretty wide set. Really makes starting the movement tough. End of the close not so much but want    to work the weakest   part of the chain.

* Thumbscrews, several sets;

* Extensor curls with dumbbell 

Finished. 

Edited by Geralt, 25 July 2015 - 04:45 AM.

#1143 OFFLINE   Grind

Grind

GripBoard Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 2 Months and 28 Days

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:23 AM

That looks like a solid train. Can you CCS your IM3 (142)?

#1144 OFFLINE   Geralt

Geralt

• GB Contributor Level 1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:59 AM

That looks like a solid train. Can you CCS your IM3 (142)?

Yes, also my 153 but it is/was every time a fluke when it happened, more coincedence and not consistent. Now I am building a more solid base, not focusing on mms anymore which for me, is a complete different motionrange. It is coming along slowly. Can't say I didn't try every possibilty in the end haha

Edited by Geralt, 25 July 2015 - 06:02 AM.

• GrassMaine89 likes this