Tom Scibelli

Red Nail, Hexabastard, MM0 (L), MM1

• GB Contributor Level 1

• PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Joined 2 Years and 1 Day
  • Local time: 02:58 PM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:14 AM

Great program, been doing it for 3 months now and getting awesome results.

Two questions:

1. How do you progress on the plate pinch ?

I can pitch two 10 kg / 22 lb plates for 45 seconds for 3 sets, or 30 seconds for 6+ sets. The next plate up is the 20 kg / 44 lbs, one is easier than two 10s, but two is just impossible. I've been increasing the number of sets and the time held.

Would something like ironminds Pinch Grip Block help here ? If so, are there any gotchas when buying grip blocks, or are they all basically the same (shipping all from the USA is really expensive).

2. Why does the order of the exercises matter ? When I do the reverse wrist curls earlier I find them a lot easier since I'm less tired. They are by far my weakest movement and by doing them last they will remain far weaker relative to the other movements.

Do you have any 15kg plates?

#182 OFFLINE   slazbob

slazbob

GripBoard Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 10 Months and 10 Days

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

Great program, been doing it for 3 months now and getting awesome results.

Two questions:

1. How do you progress on the plate pinch ?

I can pitch two 10 kg / 22 lb plates for 45 seconds for 3 sets, or 30 seconds for 6+ sets. The next plate up is the 20 kg / 44 lbs, one is easier than two 10s, but two is just impossible. I've been increasing the number of sets and the time held.

Would something like ironminds Pinch Grip Block help here ? If so, are there any gotchas when buying grip blocks, or are they all basically the same (shipping all from the USA is really expensive).

2. Why does the order of the exercises matter ? When I do the reverse wrist curls earlier I find them a lot easier since I'm less tired. They are by far my weakest movement and by doing them last they will remain far weaker relative to the other movements.

I would pinch the two 20.kg plates with two hands, and try walking your hands around the plates.

And as far as order of exercises: do them by priority.

#183 OFFLINE   Rick Walker

Rick Walker

Certified Gripboard Mash Monster - Level 1

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 10 Months and 8 Days

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:53 AM

My first workouts back in 2001 and 02 were probably some of my best. I had a 1, 2, and 3 and that was it. I did 3 workouts a week doing grippers for 5x5 or plier holds for time. After that was plate pinch 3 sets for time, plate wrist curls 3 sets of 5, pvp pipe thick bar 3 sets for time holds, and pvc wrist roller 3 sets both ways racked at chest level.

#184 OFFLINE   Big T

Big T

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 3 Months and 12 Days

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

My first workouts back in 2001 and 02 were probably some of my best. I had a 1, 2, and 3 and that was it. I did 3 workouts a week doing grippers for 5x5 or plier holds for time. After that was plate pinch 3 sets for time, plate wrist curls 3 sets of 5, pvp pipe thick bar 3 sets for time holds, and pvc wrist roller 3 sets both ways racked at chest level.

I may need to try that overall workout!