Road To Crushing The Blob And Pinching The No.3

Anthony C.

Now a week of rest from lifting.

It will be a good week I'm sure.

• Like 1

Now a week of rest from lifting.

It will be a good week I'm sure.

It was, Rusty! Felt good waking up a little later in the mornings lol. Anyways, back to training. Did legs last night:

Squats:

3x275

3x275

3x275

3x275

3x295

Lying leg curls

5x130

3x140

3x140

3x140

3x140

4x140

Stiff legged Sumo Style deads

6x135

6x135

8x135 Nothing to failure here, just trying this out

Hyperextensions

12xbw+25

12xbw+25

Calves seated calf raise 5 sets 20 reps

Well my hamstrings are sore as hell today. Good workout. I have lost strength on squats but they still are pretty damn good. But I want to focus mainly on deadlifts for a while and strengthening my spinal erectors.

Yesterday Grip

Grippers, MMS unless stated otherwise

Right 2 Slight Misses with 139 rated #3, 2x124 SM, Hold with 124 SM, 5x114 M, 3x109 coc2 1'' block

Left 4x114 M, 1x124 SM, 3 Holds with 114 M

Bent a G and J overhand in single IMP's

TTK

Right 10x10 10x10 6x10 8x10

Left 10x10 10x10 10x10 8x10

Meh.

• Like 2

Right 2 Slight Misses with 139 rated #3

MM0 is around the corner man, kill it next time!

• Like 1

Keep. At. It. If you can keep this base strength while bending, you will be good after that for some more gripper progression.

Keep. At. It. If you can keep this base strength while bending, you will be good after that for some more gripper progression.

Thanks, man. That's what I'm hoping for. It's really really hard to do both at the same time :angry:

• Like 2

Thanks, man. That's what I'm hoping for. It's really really hard to do both at the same time :angry:

yeah bending makes grip life tough some times. after the throwdown, Bending is my only concern till im a certified bastard !! Why does everything have to be so fun haha

• Like 4

yeah bending makes grip life tough some times. after the throwdown, Bending is my only concern till im a certified bastard !! Why does everything have to be so fun haha

It really does. My palms were sore for like 10 days after I bent that M and I couldn't even hold a gripper lol. You will totally destroy that bastard dude!

Terrible workout today. It was 1 degree out and I didn't want to get out of bed. When I finally got to the gym, I was late and it took me forever to warm up. I actually didn't really warm up fully until like my last set. Not logging anything from today.

Awesome stuff with the grippers! Stay the course with the bending. It took my hands a long time to adapt to the pressure and wear-and-tear. But after a lot of volume, it's like nothing anymore, and you will be able to make gains in both. Can't wait to see a MMO attempt!!

Awesome stuff with the grippers! Stay the course with the bending. It took my hands a long time to adapt to the pressure and wear-and-tear. But after a lot of volume, it's like nothing anymore, and you will be able to make gains in both. Can't wait to see a MMO attempt!!

Thanks for the advice, Carl. Coming from a man who's probably bent a red every week for god knows how long, that means a lot. I'm definitely going to be continuing with bending even after the red cert and will work it into my program. I'll probably switch over to double wraps though for anything harder than a red!

• Like 1

Hammer Grip Chins

4 x 12, 15

Dumbbell rows

3 x 5 x 80

5x85

7x85

Hammerstrength row

3 x 5 x 140 per side

Wide grip HS row

3 x 15 x 70

Pull ups

2 x 8

DB preacher curls

3 x 8 x 25

Good workout, I felt like myself again. Kept my chins to bodyweight and was pleasantly surprised by my endurance over many sets with them.

Trained bending last night, and made an attempt at the red nail. Video is up in the bending section!

• Like 1

Feb 28, Legs and Pinch

Sumo Deads

2 sets 3 reps 275

3 x 295

5 x 295

One legged leg press

2 x 12 x 135 per side

10 x 135 per side

Both legs: 30 x 135 per side

Lying Leg Curl

3 x 6 x 125, 6 x 110

Calves

Hyperextensions 2 sets 20 reps

Sorinex 2'' pinch block 2hp: 2 sets 20 reps with 90 lbs

41.8 lb fatman drags on carpet and up a board

Today

Did chest shoulders and triceps...all light weights because my shoulder has been bothering me a little. I shouldn't have started doing dips again, they just aren't great for me.

Weather was garbage yesterday so I didn't go to the gym. Instead I did a back workout at home with whatever I had available, and mixed in grip with it as well. Just did whatever I wanted and had fun. Was great!

Dumbbell Rows

5 sets of 8 reps, 85 lbs

superset with 20mm block set grippers, none to failure

Right 5x109 coc 2, 5x109, 5x114 M, 5x102 coc 2

Left 3 x 5 x ghp 4 unrated, 3 x 102 coc 2

Dumbbell rows with fat grips

3 sets of 5 reps, 85 lbs

Underhand rack pull ups

12, 7 x bw+50, 2 x 6 x bw+25

pull ups

3 sets of 8

Close grip chins

2 sets of 6

41.8 lb fatman drags

Concentration curls with 25 lb dumbbell

Still training, just been in a bit of a funk lately so I haven't updated. A whole bunch of factors have contributed to this and many of them are my own fault. In any case, trying to get back into it. Updates are pending lol.

Today did Back

Hammer Grip Chin ups

6xbw+40 8xbw+40 8xbw+40

Pull ups

10 10 6

Dumbbell rows

3 x 5 x 90

Hammerstrength row with Wide grip

10x95 8x105 7x115 per side

Hyperextensions

2 sets 20 reps

Barbell Shrugs

3 x 20 x 135

Decent session. I've been carbing up more lately so hopefully my strength starts coming back.

Morning gents,

I'm still training regularly, just haven't been updating because I'm working with a number of injuries right now. It really sucks, but I'm doing my best. Had a good training session at chez's place the other day and was surprised to see that I actually haven't lost strength on grippers, but I haven't gained any either. So overall the whole bending while trying to do grippers thing is kind of okay, I just can't expect to make gains on both at the same time.

On a side note, my pinch is currently horrible.

Bent this morning. Bent another red down to about 4 inches in singles and then got stopped again. Also bent a K in singles. I'm gonna do some volume work for my crush in the future.

Whatsup buddy with the injuries? Good stuff still for the grip department.

Ahh, just been bogged down lately man. My shoulder tendonitis acts up on me every few years and then goes away randomly. So I've been dealing with that and can't really press too heavy. And my wrist was hurting me for a few weeks. And of course my back is ongoing lol

• Like 1

Got a good back and thick bar workout in today:

Hammer Grip Pull ups With Iron Bull 2.0s

6xbw+45 8xbw+45 8xbw+45

Pull ups with iron bull 2.0s

3 sets of 10

Barbell shrugs super set with hyperextensions

30x135 20, 20x135 20, 20x135

Hammerstrength row using elbows flared grip

2 sets 6 x 115, 8x115 per side

Dumbbell rows

12x65 10x65

• Like 1

Ahh, just been bogged down lately man. My shoulder tendonitis acts up on me every few years and then goes away randomly. So I've been dealing with that and can't really press too heavy. And my wrist was hurting me for a few weeks. And of course my back is ongoing lol
That sucks, I understand. Just try volume or so, my shoulders are also very prone to injury. Take it easy...gotta stay fit for the red nail!

That sucks, I understand. Just try volume or so, my shoulders are also very prone to injury. Take it easy...gotta stay fit for the red nail!

Yep that's the problem! I'm trying to build upper body strength to finish the crush on the red and I can't do that with a bum shoulder lol. Oh well.

I slacked off updating the log but I have been lifting. Friday I attempted some sweeps/crushes on unfinished red nails I have. Was able to get the sweep down virtually easy, but stopped again at the crush. Man, that red nail is a tough sucker. It will fall though. I also did legs, a bunch of sets of squats with 225.

This morning I did grip, no maxing out as I decided I wouldn't max out again until after the competition next month:

Grippers, 20mm block set

Right 3x102, 2x114, 3x114, 1x114 GHP block, 2x114

Left 2x104 Left turn, 3x104, 3x104, 1x104 GHP block, 1x109

Sorinex 2inch block 2hp

5x105, 5x105, 7x105

1hp Sorinex 4 inch block

Right 5x40, 12 second hold 40, 10 seconds

Left: 5x40, 10 second hold 40, 7 seconds

TTK

Right 10x10

Left 10x10

Both hands 30x10 18x15 12x16.25

• Like 1

Today

Hammer Grip chins

4 sets x 5 x bw+60

Pull ups

3 x 10 bodyweight

Hammerstrength row wide grip

3x5x135 per side

Dumbbell rows

12x65 12x65 10x65

Machine shrug

25x2 plates, 15x3 15x3 plates

Also some hyperextensions

Early morning bending session today. Did volume work in single IMP's

3 G's 1 K and 1 L in 7 inch stock. Hands are beat up now!