Gripmania

silverbackgrip

Awesome!!

Is it cool if I bring a friend? You all will probably wanna meet him.

of course bro!

Awesome! But now that I think about it, it might be two friends. But they are good people.

I encourage all competitors to bring friends/family. The 2nd floor is huge... plenty of space

I think this is very cool that you are able to pick a date so far in advance.

• Like 1

Gripmania.png
Location: Ringside Pub 379 Bloomfield Ave, Caldwell, NJ 07006

Weigh-in & Sign-in: 11:00am
Start: 12:00pm
Weight Classes:
Mens: Lightweight (59kg, 66kg, 74kg), Middleweight (83kg, 93kg, 105kg), Heavyweight(120kg, 120kg+)
Womens: Open (47kg, 52kg, 57kg, 63kg, 72kg, 84kg, 84kg+)
Classes are subject to change dependent upon competition attendance
Rules: Official NAGS rules @ GripSport.org
Event 1 - 20mm Blockset Grippers
Event 2 - Pinch Block Curl
Event 3 - David Horne's Wrist Developer
Note: Contest events are subject to change
Entry Fee: $20 in advance via PayPal or $30 on day of contest
Due to the competition taking place in a bar, all competitors must be over 21
Send PayPal payment for $20 to paypal.me/euclides

• Like 1

Let me guess...we can't drop any weights since we're on the second floor?

I'm out with these events. Sorry Euclides!

All good, I wanted to have heavy events but I can't really do that on the 2nd floor of the bar.

I hear you. For me it seems like 2 of 3 are wrist events which, on a personal note, is simply my least favorite crud to train.

Maybe we'll get you out to MN eventually. CPW will hold a contest one day :)

Custom engraved bottles of Blue Label for each weight class champion on Nov 5th at GripMania. No joke.

blue_label.jpg

Edited by Euclides
  • Like 2

It was Jack to start... now Blue Label. Wowzers!

The timing he announced it seems like he's trying to draw you back into competing... Did it work?

• Like 1

Damn that bottle looks nice. And an even better trophy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I guess this event is cancelled.

I saw that Euclides cancelled the event on facebook and un-friended me so I texted him to ask what's up and this was the reply.

"Something serious happened in my family today, dumped a lot of responsibility on me. Don't have time for organizing a grip contest, need to lay low and clear my head for a while".

26 minutes ago, Jared Goguen said:

So I guess this event is cancelled.

I saw that Euclides cancelled the event on facebook and un-friended me so I texted him to ask what's up and this was the reply.

"Something serious happened in my family today, dumped a lot of responsibility on me. Don't have time for organizing a grip contest, need to lay low and clear my head for a while".

too bad, it's still far out and the events seem pretty simple so he might change his mind, who knows. Just curious, does he have the MM1 gripper or was Jedd holding onto it to bring it to a contest? (I remember reading something about it in the mm thread) 

Edited by Evan Raftopoulos

Hopefully he can get everything sorted out, regardless of whether he puts on the comp.

• Like 1

Euclides is back to silverback?

I hope that I a glitch in the update...

5 hours ago, richcottrell said:

Euclides is back to silverback?

I hope that I a glitch in the update...

No glitch....display names went away. My post for over a week in Off Topic gave people a chance to switch things up. He defaulted to his login name after the upgrade.

Not really sure why he'd have to delete everyone from fb and take down his youtube yet again because of this. Sketchy. I've always been fond of him but come on. 

12 hours ago, Justin Matney said:

Not really sure why he'd have to delete everyone from fb and take down his youtube yet again because of this. Sketchy. I've always been fond of him but come on. 

man I hate talking negatively about anybody but if something terrible were to happen to me (which actually did recently) this is the last thing I would worry about -'unfriending' people and deleting vids. And if I remember right he did the same thing a few months ago (deleting his vids).   Is anyone after him or something? well not my business really and I'm sure he is a nice guy (everyone said so at the southern squeeze) but I just don't understand  him . I feel sorry for him of course if something bad happened to his family and hope he has the strength to get through it whatever it is.

• Like 1

i was going to help sponsor this event.  I told him i would put some money and prizes toward this IF it was a 100% a go and it was sanctioned.  he told me he would get back to me.  now i see this.  hope it all works out.