GD Iron Grip available at CPW

Cannon

Hey Grip Nerds! 

CPW is now stocking the GD IRON GRIP 80 and IRON GRIP 90 EXT. 

They are similar models, but the IRON GRIP 90 EXT is slightly harder, and each unit comes with handle extensions and pinch grip converters. 

The build quality on these units is extremely high

https://cannonpowerworks.com/products/gd-iron-grip-adjustable

GD80final_1024x1024.png?v=1716391668 GD90final_720x.png?v=1716391668 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

... the IRON GRIP 90 EXT is slightly harder, and each unit comes with handle extensions and pinch grip converters. ...

GD90final_720x.png?v=1716391668 

How does the IRON GRIP 90 EXT (with the pinch grip converters installed) compare to your Pony Pinch Kit?

• Is the 90 EXT spread wider or narrower that the Pony Pinch Kit (at the tip of the plate attachments)?

• And where does the Pony Pinch Kit approximately fit/feel within the estimated range from 40 to 125 for the 90 EXT?

image.png.3b6157ccf05a147927551719d831ba13.png

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hi Matt, there had already been an estimate of the rgc of the 90, very different 🤨.

Edited by Maiche 25
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maiche 25 said:

Hi Matt, there had already been an estimate of the rgc of the 90, very different 🤨.

Yep. These are numbers I established for our actual inventory. There are slight differences in the models. Those in your thread were sent to us via Rate and Return and that GD90 model I believe to be the GD90 EXT.P (I think the P stands for Pinch) but that model has the lines around the top of the handle where our GD90 EXT does not. LINK 

Since I can close almost all the levels, I did a ton of ratings and also going back and forth closing the GD against various IM, Standard, and HG grippers. The numbers posted in the product are what I feel are very good approximations for how the levels actually feel as compared to a TSG. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Douglas Carney said:

• Is the 90 EXT spread wider or narrower that the Pony Pinch Kit (at the tip of the plate attachments)?

• And where does the Pony Pinch Kit approximately fit/feel within the estimated range from 40 to 125 for the 90 EXT?

It's nice that the GD is adjustable. I really like the feel of the pinch converters on the most narrow setting because it feels less like I'm about to hyperextend my thumbs. And since the GD 90 EXT is adjustable, you can match the PPK pretty well. For the GD so have the same spread as the PPK, it's closest to the middle spread setting. And to match the strength of the PPK, it feels to me like you should use the 38 kg position. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Y'all are making it difficult to convince myself that I don't need this. 😂

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

Y'all are making it difficult to convince myself that I don't need this. 😂

I can be very convincing (to myself, anyway)...😂🤣😅

6 hours ago, Maiche 25 said:

Yeah, big variation in RGC between generations. 

It's great that CPW is selling them now.
I've already said multiple times on the forum that I think these are great, and I never regretted getting one. 
And keep in mind if the stoppers bother you, those can be filed down, and the handles will touch on each level (at least on my 2022 model, I'm not sure about the new one). Of course the tool will be out of spec in that case so Matt probably can't "convert" them, but it takes a few minutes with a hand file. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Does changing the spread change rgc? Is there rating data for with the stoppers filed? It looks nice but a bit too light for me how it is now

5 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

Does changing the spread change rgc?

No, it will not change the RGC. You can imagine it as a choking mechanism. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, matek said:

No, it will not change the RGC. You can imagine it as a choking mechanism. 

But also in that respect, it does make it so you can close higher levels sooner, or add reps in a harder position, also just like with a choker.

• Like 1

Super cool to see another adjustable gripper out there. Did you play around with the ratings with the extensions at all? I imagine a similar attachment could be made for use with chokered grippers to extend them a bit.

• Like 1