Holy smokes! The BEST gripper deal of all time! SILARUKOV -Rare-

degradated

Posted (edited)

I feel like the most fortunate gripster in the world right now... Finally got my hands on some amazing new toys:

Silarukov 100, Silarukov 120, Silarukov Parallel U-shaped adjustable gripper, Silarukov setting block + a bonus Russian Tie.

I don't think he's on the Gripboard, but it's a guy named Victor on eBay that I bought a GHP from and just happened to ask about AtomGripz + Silarukov. A total class act, he overnighted, overpacked and included extras. I am so thrilled!

The knurling is beyond aggressive (which is amazing). I've attached a photo of modern Captains of Crush at the bottom (very tame), GHP gen 1 in the middle (spikey) and Silarukov (extremely jagged). The handle spread is ~53mm (versus ~74mm for my GHP7). 🤓

I'll definitely be sending them in to @Cannon for ratings soon.

20240521_233229.thumb.jpg.d22c6a64caa00e340bd3a222a9c3ec91.jpg20240521_233256.thumb.jpg.ee9a4c49111fc0b195b6a29021f4fd3c.jpg20240521_233348.thumb.jpg.d236efb18a2f4c99bde2ef329199b3e5.jpg20240521_235308.thumb.jpg.855002e42b2144032553a50609c4a608.jpg

Edited by degradated
  • Like 13

Wow those look great. Being in Europe I've tried reaching to Silarukov myself but with the ongoing Ukranie conflict they cannot send them directly to EU :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Scottex92 said:

Wow those look great. Being in Europe I've tried reaching to Silarukov myself but with the ongoing Ukranie conflict they cannot send them directly to EU :(

Thx! It appears that as of only January 9th of this year, MrStrongHands stopped shipping abroad. I would have ordered the whole lineup of 13 grippers late last year knowing now how nice they are... Just glad to have three to play with.... They are very high quality. 👍🏻

• Like 1

19 hours ago, degradated said:

I feel like the most fortunate gripster in the world right now... Finally got my hands on some amazing new toys:

Silarukov 100, Silarukov 120, Silarukov Parallel U-shaped adjustable gripper, Silarukov setting block + a bonus Russian Tie.

I don't think he's on the Gripboard, but it's a guy named Victor on eBay that I bought a GHP from and just happened to ask about AtomGripz + Silarukov. A total class act, he overnighted, overpacked and included extras. I am so thrilled!

The knurling is beyond aggressive (which is amazing). I've attached a photo of modern Captains of Crush at the bottom (very tame), GHP gen 1 in the middle (spikey) and Silarukov (extremely jagged). The handle spread is ~53mm (versus ~74mm for my GHP7). 🤓

20240521_233229.thumb.jpg.d22c6a64caa00e340bd3a222a9c3ec91.jpg20240521_233256.thumb.jpg.ee9a4c49111fc0b195b6a29021f4fd3c.jpg20240521_233348.thumb.jpg.d236efb18a2f4c99bde2ef329199b3e5.jpg20240521_235308.thumb.jpg.855002e42b2144032553a50609c4a608.jpg

What is that Russian tie thing?

19 hours ago, degradated said:

Should let us know the RGC once you get them rated I’ve been considering getting some and am curious to know how they rate so I know which models to buy. not sure if they will ship to Malaysia but I don’t see why not.

3 hours ago, CruxGripman said:

Should let us know the RGC once you get them rated I’ve been considering getting some and am curious to know how they rate so I know which models to buy. not sure if they will ship to Malaysia but I don’t see why not.

Will do, I'll be sure to post the RGC numbers... Waiting for some Gods of Grip to come in the mail first.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CruxGripman said:

What is that Russian tie thing?

I think it's the knotted bolts

Nice stuff btw, I didn't know that the Silarukovs had such a good knurling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matek said:

I think it's the knotted bolts

Nice stuff btw, I didn't know that the Silarukovs had such a good knurling.

Does that thing have a functional purpose, or is just an ornament?

1 hour ago, CruxGripman said:

Does that thing have a functional purpose, or is just an ornament?

Kind of ornamental I would say. It's not easy to take two thick straight steel bolts and bend them into that shape. It's kind of like having a U-shaped red nail but even cooler. It turns out that Victor is the number one ranked card tearing person worldwide with two full decks in 6 seconds! 😮

When I Google it all I find is Russian wrestling videos. 😀 I believe the Russian tie is an old time feat of strength with possibly certain diameter bolts as a standard. I'm pretty sure somebody here would know...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, degradated said:

Kind of ornamental I would say. It's not easy to take two thick straight steel bolts and bend them into that shape. It's kind of like having a U-shaped red nail but even cooler. It turns out that Victor is the number one ranked card tearing person worldwide with two full decks in 6 seconds! 😮

When I Google it all I find is Russian wrestling videos. 😀 I believe the Russian tie is an old time feat of strength with possibly certain diameter bolts as a standard. I'm pretty sure somebody here would know...

I seeeeee thank you for the clarification, I’d never seen or heard of that before

• Like 1

On 5/22/2024 at 3:08 PM, degradated said:

Does the U shapes parallel adjustable have markings on the bar to mark different settings?

Just now, CruxGripman said:

Does the U shapes parallel adjustable have markings on the bar to mark different settings?

Not usually, no. I have seen custom ones that did, but I don’t think this one does.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Not usually, no. I have seen custom ones that did, but I don’t think this one does.

That’s a bit of a bummer, I love the design idea, but I’d prefer a bit more organized increments that could maybe be rated for more structured training

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CruxGripman said:

That’s a bit of a bummer, I love the design idea, but I’d prefer a bit more organized increments that could maybe be rated for more structured training

I have a U-shaped gripper from aliexpress. It came with a cardboard that can be used to align the handles. It's annoying, but it works. 

It's fun, but only the very last portion of the close is hard. It's not like a Standard choker gripper.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, matek said:

It's fun, but only the very last portion of the close is hard. It's not like a Standard choker gripper.

Agree. And there does come a point where the handle tips sticking out the back touch before the handles do. That is the thing that ultimately limits adjustability. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Agree. And there does come a point where the handle tips sticking out the back touch before the handles do. That is the thing that ultimately limits adjustability. 

I had wondered about that, I’m surprised someone hasn’t made 2 or 3 different u shape parallels that are shorter so this doesn’t happen, perhaps with thicker bar to increase difficulty 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, matek said:

I have a U-shaped gripper from aliexpress. It came with a cardboard that can be used to align the handles. It's annoying, but it works. 

I guess chokers it is 😅I had higher hopes due to adjustability. But the inability to have accurately rated increments is a big down side also

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Just confirmed that my Silarukov parallel gripper does not have markings on the bars to indicate the setting.

54 minutes ago, CruxGripman said:

There's a chart available that provides rating information at various heights but it's a rough estimate given the lack of markings.

I did an experiment last year and concluded that the 48.9KG (107.8lb) setting from the chart felt slightly more difficult than a filed CoC #2 rated at 108.

Simply too many variables to be very accurate about RGC with this parallel gripper.  A millimeter one way or the other could affect the feel of it.

Silarukov Parallel Gripper Ratings.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the flip side...I suppose the parallel gripper is "infinitely adjustable" because it doesn't have marked settings.  🤔  Maybe that's an unintended "feature"?  🤪

• Confused 1

Wow lucky to have those. I would love to add some to my collection, but with the conflicts, I can't.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AllMight_ said:

Wow lucky to have those. I would love to add some to my collection, but with the conflicts, I can't.

I regularly kick myself for only buying the parallel gripper back in 2021.  Wish I had bought a full set at the time...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

I regularly kick myself for only buying the parallel gripper back in 2021.  Wish I had bought a full set at the time...

I wonder if they can ship to South America or is all exports cut off?

2 minutes ago, AllMight_ said:

I wonder if they can ship to South America or is all exports cut off?

I'm not sure...  I'm guessing that their website is picking up that I'm coming from a US internet service provider and automatically says "SORRY, WE ARE NOT SHIPPING ORDERS ABROAD FOR THE TIME BEING." at the top of their website.

But I don't know if users in other countries/continents get the same message.

• Sad 1

They aren't shipping anywhere outside Russia these days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1