Michigan Grip Champs

Bob Lipinski

Leave here please Bill if that's okay, just highlights.

Dave Thorton (sp?) from the gripboard won. Afterwards, he did a 45 hub lift. Plenty of witnesses, including me.

Jeff (AP, 5th place) from the gripboard did a #3. He isn't certified, but did it enough to qualify for MM, if you'll take our results. Also completely destroyed a cut 60D.

Brian Admundsen, who took 3rd, did a double 45 hub lift. Pictures+multiple witnesses. Kip Miller (4th) did a single 45 hub lift. Maybe pictures, definitely witnesses.

I closed the MM2 twice. Once the set came out crappy on video, the other time the close did. Tough for me to get though, whatever the judges say is cool.

One of the mod's moved it. There is an obvious redirect post in the other forum.

Congrats to all who competed!

Is Steve sending the gripper and video to me?

How come you didn't take a 3rd attempt?

Steve is sending the gripper back.

Actually, I took 3 attempts. Didn't close it the first time.

Top lifts-

Gripper- MM2

IM pinch block- 50

Bending- 60D with 1/2 inch cut off, more in him

RT: 205, probably more left in him

DOuble overhand axle hold- 315 for 35 second or so, looked like he let it down cause he was bored.

Fun contest.

However, for all the efforts of several different people handling the camera, which I put on a tripod this time, the video still sucks.

I witnessed Bob's 3 attempts. The first he missed. The second, the set was obscured by his forearm, but he closed it. The third, you could see the set, but by the time he brought the gripper forward to the camera and let the camera focus on its' ends and his hands, it had slipped open a bit.

Thanks again Bob and Steve, this was a great contest and a lot of fun!

Congrats to Dave Thornton who did well in every event and pulled some huge lifts on the RT and axle as well as an (eventually) easy 50 on the pinch block!

I got hammered on the thick bar stuff so I think I'm going to immediatly order a thick dumbell or something. Thanks again to Dave who helped sooth my defeat with a gift of a 35lb block weight.

Thanks to Bob Lipinski & family for putting on a good contest. Also, thanks to Steve Shafley & his family for putting up with us after the contest. It was worth the drive to watch AP & Bob dominate the grippers & nails. AP can't be to far away from certifying with the new IM rules. Also got to watch Brian Admundsen clean & Press 235 on a thick bar. Brian & Kip Miller also did 45 lb. hub lifts, with I believe no prior practice. Also a friend of Steve's put a kink in a 1/4 5" nail on his first time bending.

Great Job to all who competed. I am back in Ohio now and didnt expect to be here so I had to miss out. Oh well, next time...

I will have one for sure next year John. Hope you can make it.