Do You Want A Blob.

GordonV

How much interest is there in a blob replica?

Not a simulator, not loadable, just a plain and simple exact duplicate of the BLOB.

If I were to put this into motion it would be a three or four weeks before I had them, but they would be exact duplicates of the 50# Blob, same material, same weight, same texture, identical in dimension etc. The only diferences would be no York logo, and no hacksaw marks.

Pricing would come out at about $80 plus s/h.

Any interest? Post here or send me a PM if you are interested if there is not enough interest I will not proceed.

Thanks!

So everyone is clear on what is going on here. I am working with a foundry to have cast iron blob replicas created.

The pattern for the casting will be based upon an actual Blob and the initial production run will probably be around 50 Blobs.

There may not ever be a second run so if you want in this is your chance. I am not taking orders yet, I am just assessing interest to see if I would be able to actually sell the production run.

So far the response has been less than impressive.

The target price point would be roughly $80 +s/h.

pricing may be a bit high for me, especially after you add the s/h.

I'm curious to know what your plans are for making these replicas?

John Wood Posted on Mar 18 2004, 02:36 PM

You're going to have to sell an awful lot of them to break even. 

You would be correct Mr. Wood. I think that is the primary difference between a job and a hobby. A job usually being something you do for money and a hobby being something you do for fun. :D