Whats Next In 2004?

austinslater

Does anyone have any predictions for the coming year or maybe some personal goals they would like to hit in 2004?

My main grip goals for 2004 are

Crush the #4

Crush the BBSE

Crush the RB 330IP

Fully U a cut RED

Pinch 6 tens

Pinch 3 35's

Im hoping to close an rb300 in 2004. I would also like to make a run at the #4, oprobably not close it but atleast scare it! :laugh

My main goal, once again, is to officially close the #4.

Predictions:

#4 and Red certifications become nearly commonplace

Tom of Iowa will have some really long, speculative posts

There will be at least one IM vs. PDA thread closed by Wannagrip

Rick Walker will recover from his pec tear and reclaim his rightful place as Volume King

The Straub brothers will have us all staring at the screen shaking our heads

Shrug will do the same, but in a totally different way

Meanwhile, Wade Gillingham will not post for months, then post a video of a grip feat so astounding I will think of it in staff meeting and start giggling

And my wife will continue her love hate relationship with this place. It's great cause her husband's got a good grip, but does he have to sit at the computer for 2 or 3 hours a day to do it? (It's active recovery, hon!)

My goals are:

Close the #3 (finally)

Lift Blob

Lift Inch DB

Pinch 2 45's

Certify MME

Certify on the #4, then put all my grippers away!

Lift the blob with either hand

Bend the red

Pull 450 on a 2.5" non revolving one hand deadlift handle

Pull 400 on a 3" non revolving one hand deadlift handle

Push press 315 for a couple reps

Squat 500

Deadlift 650

Clean and Press the Inch with either hand

Carry 400lbs per hand in the FW for 100 feet

Place well at California's Strongest Man in May

Squeeze a combined 200kg (strict) on a hydraulic dynomometer total with both hands. I think only a few elite atheletes are capable of this now.

Pinch 2-45's

Throw well in the highland games

Become a better all around athelete

Bend all the 60d nails in my 50lb box

Find new and interesting ways to get stronger

Edited by ClayEdgin

I'm thinking 3-5 more guys will close a #4. I beleive the Mellenium may be safe for another year though.

Predictions:

#4 and Red certifications become nearly commonplace

Are you kidding?

I hate these kinds of threads. Reminds me of the WWorld Class closing statement someone made.

Even a #3 close is not common place. You have to remember this place is unique.

I think we will see 1-2 at most on the 4 and red. Others have been close and the last 1/8" on a 4 for example can take years. so Like I said maybe 2 on each list tops is my guess but who knows. Austin

Matt, I agree . I do believe that possibly up 5 people, maybe 6, will close the #4 officially in 2004. as for my goals.....i have them set, but will remain silent as to what they are...... best wishes to everyone in reaching his or her goals this and every year thereafter.

I think we will see 1-2 at most on the 4 and red. Others have been close and the last 1/8" on a 4 for example can take years. so Like I said maybe 2 on each list tops is my guess but who knows. Austin

I agree Austin, let's not get carried away!

For myself, close a BBE, lift a 50 lb Blob, pinch 2 x 45, lift 250 lb on the RT handle.

Excellent & very achievable goals John! Clay aren't you doing all that allready? you beast. With determination, you will all attain at the very least satisfaction. I hope myself you all do well. My goal is to just keep getting stronger and not injure.

I think it is realistic that we could 3 or 4 #4 closures in the next year. Clay, gorrilla hands, heat. Maybe another Dave Morton shows up.

My goals:

Close the MME and my SE

Pinch 45's

Lift my 173 inch and 160 inch at the same time.

My last goal is tough but hopefukllyI can get it.

Wannagrip you shouldn't hate these threads. These are peoples predictions. They should be able to have their own opinion about things.

Yeah, and I can have an opinion too. I hate these threads because someone usually comes on and makes statements that belong in fantasy land. I am not talking about people's personal goals that get posted. It's statements like "we'll have 25 #4 closers this year!". :rolleyes

Tom of Iowa will have some really long, speculative posts

:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

I WILL find someone that makes Josh Biggers all around fairly 'good??' around strength and fairly good GRIP seem childlike.I'll find that '900lb snake' :yikes:yikes The search is on OR I may already have the 'snake' ;););)

Seriously(or was i serious?)

Shrug and Dave morton are going to do some C R A Z Y grip feats.

Shrug and Pexter will do some insane feats of brute strength(unrelated to grip)

Guest gripmaster316

My brother might get the number 4, me and my other brother will definitely mash the three sometime soon (maybe some 4 training).

Another goal I'd like to shoot for is a supported close of the #4. This is something I do feel I'll get.

I just mean hold my wrist with my other hand. This anchors the gripper better and let's me apply more force.

"nearly commonplace" was meant to be slightly tongue in cheek. I do think there will be an increase in #4 certs. I'd figure somewhere in the 2-4 range. A certified #4 close every couple months would be nearly commonplace after 5 (i think) years with only the 1.

At any rate, I didn't mean to cause a ruckus and apologize.

Bend the Blue Nail, Pinch Two 35's and Certify on the # 3 would make me very satisfied with myself for 2004.