right gripper: Eric Milfeld #3x4

left gripper: John Wood #3x1

combined gripper: John Wood #3x3/ #3x1

right deadlift: John G McEneany 295

left deadlift: John G McEneany 275

combined deadlift: John G McEneany 295/ 275

plate pinch: Jedd Johnson/ Eric Milfeld 180

wrist curl: John G Mc Eneany 225

The second Gripboard Grip Bash proved to be a huge success. A total of fifteen enthusiastic hand strength athletes, representing four countries and three continents, produced no less than 31 personal records, as they battled for the top spot. The #3 Iron Mind gripper was defeated by the right hand of five of the competitors, including John Wood, who conquered it with his left as well. The competition was excitingly close, with most of the rankings being determined by small fractions of a point. Fifth place found Leonard Sanchez and Norway's Dag Runar Oersvik Oeye actually tying, despite the fact that the scoring was based on the hundredth of a point! I give a very warm "thank you" to all of the athletes who gave their best effort, with an abundant amount of integrity and friendly comaraderie. Till next time, train hard, and praise be to the Lord Jesus Christ.

P.S. - I'm awarding the prize from the Gripboard Store to the very deserving John McEneany, for his second place showing, for obvious reasons. And if all the other top five finishers would please send to me your mailing address, I'll send out your certificates, pronto.

Edited by eric milfeld

Thanks for giving us all the opportunity to compete Eric, I had a good time. A few very narrow misses for me would've made all the difference, but alas it was not to be. I look forward to next time.

Oh and congratulations Eric on the 5 PRs!!! Well Done!

Jeff

Edited by Jeff T

6)Stefan Straub (Strong Man)

#2x29 PR #2x11 PR------8.87

220 PR 200 PR------------7.37

100 PR---------------------5.56

140-------------------------7.78

total------------------------29.58

I think you have a typo here somewhere. His wrist curl weight doesn't match up correctly with his scored points.

Good work though on organizing and taking the time to compile all the results for this whole thing Eric. Thanks! And congrats on the win.

Eric, I am glad that the turnout for your contest was better than expected. I am pleased with my second place (one better than last time) and that it was a close finish. I admit not having trained for it at all. My pinchgrip of plates, either onehanded or two is weak. Luckily I have done a great deal of heavy suitcase lifts with a curlbar, which helped me on the onehanded deadlift. I seem to be a natural on the barbell wrist curls as I do not do these. Maybe you are even now thinking of the next online competition! :bow

Guest Jeff Roark

Hello. I am not up to speed on this bash- did you all get together or was this an interenet comp? never mind...idiot found it!

Edited by Jeff Roark

6)Stefan Straub (Strong Man)

#2x29 PR #2x11 PR------8.87

220 PR 200 PR------------7.37

100 PR---------------------5.56

140-------------------------7.78

total------------------------29.58

I think you have a typo here somewhere. His wrist curl weight doesn't match up correctly with his scored points.

Good work though on organizing and taking the time to compile all the results for this whole thing Eric. Thanks! And congrats on the win.

Incindium is right. Give me a little bit to correct a few minor arithmetic errors. Sorry about that guys. I compiled all this after twelve hours of work, between the hours of 2 and 5 a.m. :whacked

Thanks to Bullet Tooth, I've corrected a few figures, which has changed the ranking of a few competitors. This didn't, however, affect the top five finisher's rankings.

Man do I feel like an idiot.... not that I want you to change my score or anything... but I just found out something interesting. Concerning the wrist curl.... the bar that you do it on can be ROTATING right?! What happened was I had a 35 and a 7.5 on each side secured TIGHT, plus the bar was about 100 pounds solid (non rotating)... and when I added weight I just loosely placed it outside to keep adding it to see how far I could go.... today I tried again to see if i could get more and this time I didnt tighten it all the way so the plates could rotate. I managed 160 and just missed 170... oh well... next time! :stuart

Jett, a lift of 160 would have bumped you up one position in the ranking. Sorry about that, but like you say: next time! Nice lifts, by the way!

I still can't get over how close the competition was. I'm really looking forward to the next one!

The rules say to use a standard Olympic bar with rotating sleeves. So that means a bar of 86'' in length and around 45 lbs in weight. The bar diameter would be 1 1/16 to 1 1/8''

A few figures demonstrating how close the competition was: A bit more than 1% separated first from second. Fifth was nearly 86% of the winning total. The thirteenth place total was roughly 70% of the winning total. The fifth place TIE was completely unexpected. So, a few pounds here or there, and maybe one less missed attempt, and the ranking would have produced a whole other story.

Sweet!!! I moved up a ranking!! An excellent competition Eric I can't wait for next year.

You don't have to wait till next year. I hold it every three months. ;) Ya gonna try and get even with your little brother? :D

The rules say to use a standard Olympic bar with rotating sleeves. So that means a bar of 86'' in length and around 45 lbs in weight. The bar diameter would be 1 1/16 to 1 1/8''

Yes, for future reference, please study the posted rules closely ;) You might just lift more weight that way.

Eric, how about as far as possible choosing new events. Taking into account equipment availibility of course.

I'm open to any suggestions for exercises that, like you say, take into account equipment availability, and ease with which they can be judged objectively. The idea of replacing the barbell, with the dumbbell wrist curl, has been mentioned. This would be doable if all would be willing to use a standard handle size, fixed plate dumbbell, like most gyms stock. We also want to contest the four main areas of strength: crushing, supporting, pinching, and wrist. Also, we should keep the list of exercises brief (I'm a very slow typer, and not so good with these computer things) :tongue Or, if you want to keep the same lifts, or only replace one or two, that's of course an option as well. Suggestions?

Edited by eric milfeld

Guest gripmaster316

I dislike 2 hand pinching. Perhaps you can change it to one hand pinching... please?? It's hard to believe that my brother beat me... I am still a better pincher and I have stronger wrists. As far as the grippers go I am not sure how he got so much better than me. Expect better results from both of us in three months.

Edited by gripmaster316

Ahh the wonders of using the CORRECT equipment. Today I brought my "setup" (a box sitting on top of an old computer) to my basement where my oly bar resides. Got going at around 135 to see how it felt... a breeze... added a couple dimes to each side... wow... topped my results already, added a couple 5s... again it went up... then I added some 5s again.. woo hoo!!! Thats 175... Decided to take a smaller step considering it was starting to feel pretty heavy on my wrists... added a couple washers to each side to bring it up to 180. With effort it came up and I held it at the top to confirm that I had just done it. Took the washers off and replaced them with 5s... and the bar did not rise again, Ill try to only warm up and go straight to that in a few days. NEXT TIME... I will DEFINATELY not be as lazy as I was this time... just 2 flights of stairs the basement. *goes and does a 2 handed plate curl with a 45... :tongue *

200 in November, Jett? ;)

Oh definately... I will say more even. Im not trying to brag or anything but thats pretty much my first time going to my max on the wrist curl, with no direct training on it either really. As for my wimpy pinch my thumbs will be suffering also, plus by november I should be in the gymnastics gym again with some access to chalk, come home with the chalk fresh on my hands and see if that will help.

Thanks for all your work concerning this event Eric, its greatly appreciated. :rock

I would like to replace the one handed deadlift with the 2 handed support hold ! :laugh:tongue

Why not have the main group that has a go regularly take it in turns to suggest the lifts. Old guy first and so on. Each of you, say every 2 months, can include all your faves and see how you compare to others over the year. I'd add that equipment must be of a kind availbale to others cheaply.