David Horne and World of Grip

Contest promoters interested so far:
David Horne – Stafford, England
Dave Thornton – Three Rivers, Michigan, USA
Adam T. Glass – Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Jarrod Riordan – Melbourne, Australia

Rules:
Video to follow
Do the events in order, 4 attempts on each.
Whatever hand you chose on that event it stays the same for that event.
Calibrated scales used to weigh all competitors in.
Calibrated weights to be used.

More info to follow

Any other promoters interested give me a shout.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This event is less than two weeks away. It's a great opportunity for anyone who wants to get their name on some of the Top 50 lists on the North American Grip Sport site:

http://www.gripsport.org/lists.htm

This will be the first time the HorneTop is contested in an event, and the first time the LeverTop will be contested using the new rules, so weight class records are ripe for the picking!

Does anyone have Dave Thornton's contact info? I'm looking for the start time and location.

Thanks

Andrew, I'm holding the Contest at Don Larkin's Gym, just north of Three Rivers MI. It will be good to have you there. 10:30AM for the weigh in, rules etc. I have the Contest information on the Power and Bulk Forum that most the local guys check in on. David Horne also has more info as far as rules on his Forum. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

Venue: Larkin's Gym. Start Time: 11:00AM

Who around the world will be in the 74kg class? I really hope there is a decent showing so that the class is in more contests.

Matt,

I think Darren Shallman is, and others have mentioned that class. Yes I thought I'd air this class at this contest to see how it goes.

Thanks guys. I know about Darrin and a couple others. I guess I'm worried it will be <10 guys. I'd like to see a good showing!

Matt, I hope there is more than 10 guys also. This is going to be alot of fun regardless. Good luck to you and the rest of the 74kg class competitors.

Please take note, I am not running a leg of this contest. I was originally, but some changes took place. I will edit out my name at the top. I just don't want anybody showing up thinking there's a comp.

Adam Glass just notified me via Twitter that he is not holding his contest either. I am sick over this.

I'm trying to figure out if there is any way I can get his stuff and hold the contest somehow.

Nope. Adam never even had all the required equipment, he shouldn't have been on the list. It was a misunderstanding.

I've never wanted so badly to test out the bad word filter.

Matt,

I update my own forum as it goes along, but I cannot edit the pages here.

That's a bloody shame mate!

The list is below.

Contest promoters:
David Horne – Stafford, England
Dave Thornton – Three Rivers, Michigan, USA
Juha Harju - Helsinki, Finland
Ivan Beritashvili - Moscow, Russia
Eric Roussin - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Nuno Couto - Porto, Portugal
Maxwell Thompson - Irby, England

It's one of those days today.

Unfortunately I've just been informed by Ivan Beritashvili that two of the Topz have not arrived, even though they were sent in Dec.
It is a real shame.

I have said that if he has competitors coming, why not just host a Moscow (or Russian) GripTopz contest with the 4 other events (Half a Penny, Stub, Shallow Hub and Adj Thick Bar).
Any records will count if they better any World Records.

It's one of those days today.

Unfortunately I've just been informed by Ivan Beritashvili that two of the Topz have not arrived, even though they were sent in Dec.

It is a real shame.

I have said that if he has competitors coming, why not just host a Moscow (or Russian) GripTopz contest with the 4 other events (Half a Penny, Stub, Shallow Hub and Adj Thick Bar).

Any records will count if they better any World Records.

Would this be allowed with a change of venue? I could try and get the stuff that Adam has and host at my house or something. But it would likely be me and Kristy in our basement.

It would only be Stub, Hub, Coin and Thickbar. I don't think Adam has Lever, or Horn.

Matt,

I only got told from Adam on the 29th Jan that he couldn't support the comp this time, so the Minnesota venue is there for the taking if you wish.

Yes Adam does not have the Lever or the Horne Topz.

The weights have to be calibrated as you know, etc.

Send me an email and I'll send you the details. I have a contact link on the main page of my site.

http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/

Good luck to all competitors.

Have fun!
Look forward to getting the results through, and would guess I'll have the final results up tomorrow UK time.