9"x1/2" Rebar Bend...inspired By Strongman Stanless Steel

naturalstrength

I am going to be taking a break from steel bending for a while..too many injuries at this point. I am going to concentrate on some other strength feats but will be back soon(hopefully).

This bend is inspired by strongman Stanless Steel!

Edited by naturalstrength

Great bend Carl! Heal up and come back strong. There aren't many people posting bends up over here besides you and me, so hurry up! Hahaha

• Like 1

Great bend Carl! Heal up and come back strong. There aren't many people posting bends up over here besides you and me, so hurry up! Hahaha

I'll be back, just going to move forward on some other stuff the next few weeks like my barbell Turkish get-up, squat, deadlifts, etc until my body rests up from all the bending. Braced bending(regularly) is a great way to burnout your body and CNS

Great bend! Very strong.

Thanks for watching

Edited by naturalstrength

with rebar that short is bounce back as much of an issue?

There is a definite bounce-back with the rebar, even at this short a length. I think once rested up for a few weeks, and my injuries behind me, I should be good for a 7-7.5" piece of 1/2" rebar in about half the time this bend took.

Thanks again for watching

I'll be back, just going to move forward on some other stuff the next few weeks like my barbell Turkish get-up, squat, deadlifts, etc until my body rests up from all the bending. Braced bending(regularly) is a great way to burnout your body and CNS

Yea it is bro. More taxing than any other strength pursuit I have chased. Including when I was squatting every day. Just taxes the CNS to do 100% effort isos over and over. Looking forward to your return!

with rebar that short is bounce back as much of an issue?

There is a definite bounce-back with the rebar, even at this short a length. I think once rested up for a few weeks, and my injuries behind me, I should be good for a 7-7.5" piece of 1/2" rebar in about half the time this bend took.

Thanks again for watching

Considering that this 9" piece to that distance between the legs is probably the greatest short bar braced bend in history, that would be #$%^&*( EPIC!!! :bow :bow :bow

• 5 weeks later...

I only saw this now. Great Bend, Carl.

Eventually I will have to figure out how I can get Stan to watch it. Perhaps I can get his girlfriend's sister to join the Board and have him watch it over her house while I am on the phone witth him.I still talk with him at least once a month.

Your bend is more extreme than his, as his was perhaps 5 inches apart, not 3. He wouldn't use much in wraps and "probably" did it in less time. The filmmaker for "Strongman" has it on film, but it has never seen the light of day. I say "probably" because I believe it was at an AOBS dinner, and the audience there tends to get impatient if something goes more than a minute or two.

Stan is very complimentary of contemporary benders, and understands that lots has changed in the last ten years of bending. I know he would be impressed by this.