Fbbc Grippers - Taking Orders

John Beatty

It's time, guys! Break that piggy bank.

I've already got my money here and you know what I want Mr. Beatty. Let me know if everything is a go for the order and once I get the shipping quote I'll get my arse in gear to sending the MO quickly.

For the intro discount - if buying a set x-5x $15 off.

John what are the spring / grippers strength options?

John what are the spring / grippers strength options?

Steve -

it's all on the FBBC Grippers page, but I copied it to here for you.

STRENGTHS

(WIRE SIZE)

STANDARD SPREAD

X - 243

2X - 250

3X - 272

4X - 283

5X - 306

PARALLEL

P1 - 343

P2 - 375

ROUND HANDLES:

ALUMINUM - KNURLED or SMOOTH - $25

AVAILABLE IN 5/8", STANDARD 3/4" OR 1"

STEEL - KNURLED OR SMOOTH- $30

AVAILABLE IN 5/8", STANDARD 3/4", OR 1"

BRASS - KNURLED OR SMOOTH

5/8", OR STANDARD 3/4" - $45

1" HANDLES - $50

UNIQUE TO FBBC!!

NON-KNURLED 3/4" HEX HANDLES!!

ALUMINUM OR STEEL - $30

BRASS - $50

ANOTHER FBBC INNOVATION!!

PARALLEL HANDLES!!

(ACTUALLY 5 DEGREES OVER PARALLEL, TO ALLOW FOR SEASONING OF THE SPRING)

ADD $3 TO THE ABOVE PRICES FOR PARALLEL HANDLED GRIPPERS, THESE ARE SOME BIG SPRINGS!

AS ALWAYS, CUSTOM WORK IS WELCOMED!

YOU WANT AN EXTENDED HANDLE, OR BOTH HANDLES EXTENDED? A 6" HANDLE IS FINE, OR UP TO A FOOT! (UPCHARGE MAY APPLY FOR ADDITIONAL MATERIAL).

WANT ONE SMOOTH HANDLE AND ONE KNURLED? DONE!

Edited by John Beatty

The springs still have to be shipped Neetop but John has pictures of two of the springs on the FBBC website. I believe this thread is for pre orders.

X - 243

2X - 250

3X - 272

4X - 283

5X - 306

PARALLEL

P1 - 343

P2 - 375

John, are there numbers a estimate based on COC poundages ? Or are they RGC calibration numbers ?

X - 243

2X - 250

3X - 272

4X - 283

5X - 306

PARALLEL

P1 - 343

P2 - 375

John, are there numbers a estimate based on COC poundages ? Or are they RGC calibration numbers ?

It's the spring size.

Any pics?

I'll get some pics up of the prototypes with brass & smooth steel in a day or two, at work 12 hours today

X - 243

2X - 250

3X - 272

4X - 283

5X - 306

PARALLEL

P1 - 343

P2 - 375

Neither, those are the wire sizes. A 250 is about the same size as a #2 (maybe a hair bigger), a 283 is a hair over a #3, a 306 is a little under a #4, I believe. The Parallels seem like monsters, but trust me, we did a prototype with a parallel at the 283 wire, and I did index finger closes. You're only talking a 3/4" to 1" spread, they need to be monsters or they'd be useless.

Edited by John Beatty

Any pics?

I'll get some pics up of the prototypes with brass & smooth steel in a day or two, at work 12 hours today

X - 243

2X - 250

3X - 272

4X - 283

5X - 306

PARALLEL

P1 - 343

P2 - 375

Neither, those are the wire sizes. A 250 is about the same size as a #2 (maybe a hair bigger), a 283 is a hair over a #3, a 306 is a little under a #4, I believe. The Parallels seem like monsters, but trust me, we did a prototype with a parallel at the 283 wire, and I did index finger closes. You're only talking a 3/4" to 1" spread, they need to be monsters or they'd be useless.

Gotcha, i have a incredible ability to not pay attention :laugh The grippers sound like their gonna be great, cant wait to get a few.

John, are the 5/8 handles smaller than a typical gripper? I am guessing they are, just making sure. I think a .283 5/8 smooth handles brass is in my future.

One other question John- Are you mounting these yourself? If so, what depth or are you gonna give a choice?

John, are the 5/8 handles smaller than a typical gripper? I am guessing they are, just making sure. I think a .283 5/8 smooth handles brass is in my future.

One other question John- Are you mounting these yourself? If so, what depth or are you gonna give a choice?

3/4" is the standard size, 5/8 will be smaller. I suppose depth could be optional, didn't even think about it. the springs have 1.5" legs, so we could fiddle a bit.

soon as I start getting my checks rolling in again, you know I'll be placing an order

3/4" is the standard size, 5/8 will be smaller. I suppose depth could be optional, didn't even think about it. the springs have 1.5" legs, so we could fiddle a bit.

John, I'd commit to a standard depth. If you make your grippers too customized, no one will be able to compare their best on a FBBC gripper with some one else.

John, I'd commit to a standard depth. If you make your grippers too customized, no one will be able to compare their best on a FBBC gripper with some one else.

I agree. There has to be standard or else you're just making HG's :)

1/16" is a good depth.

Are hex handles painfuly for palms and fingers?

Yes, thats the point for those of us, like Gazza, who are masochistic enough to enjoy them :D

I agree. There has to be standard or else you're just making HG's :)

1/16" is a good depth.

John, are you mounting these with pins or glue? Because if its with pins there's always the option of making them adjustable like Aaron does with the BBs.

Mounting with glue on the AL, are working with a heat set on brass & steel. I'm thinking we'll just stick with a standard depth for the spring set, it may just be too complicated to keep the orders straight & slow things down too much if Jerry has to change settings on the lathe for every single gripper.

Mounting with glue on the AL, are working with a heat set on brass & steel. I'm thinking we'll just stick with a standard depth for the spring set, it may just be too complicated to keep the orders straight & slow things down too much if Jerry has to change settings on the lathe for every single gripper.

What is the mounting depth?

I thought I saw some special edition gripper for clearence on another post. What's the difference from those to these? Since there both fbbc?

Rico

I believe those FBBC Grippers were made by Robert Baraban and these are Made by John and Co. in house.

will your grippers be listed in the "updated" list here on the board, the list is somewhere but i cant remember where i saw it. just wondering where they will fit in to my colection? nice to see comparisons.

rico

gripper rankings update

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=11754

Edited by rico300zx